CnC - City - Alternative Theme?

RipperSnapper

This seems like a REAL topic.

So as we all know (afaik) we can't get a decent CnC-City(-Flying)

Would it just be easier to use the MAP DESIGN of City, and just replace buildings etc with other mapping etc? Give it a different theme? I mean it's still paying homage to City I guess...

Correct me if I'm wrong with the progress of City, I thought this may be an alternative.

On 7/2/2017 at 8:02 PM, TK0104 said:

@Schmitzenbergh I'll keep working on Outposts since I ain't working on City. 

About River and Xmeteor: I will never work on those again. I said it before that I never ever work on it further.

No one is reporting bugs on other maps so there is nothing much to work on that.

So in other words screw city, my map first!

Topic closed :P

• Totem Arts Staff
1 hour ago, DarkSn4ke said:

nope. he passed the files to Sarah a while back.

Don't know if Glacier is ever going to be a thing in RenX. Haven't heard anything of it yet

1 hour ago, Sarah! said:

Requires too many custom assets for me to do.

The Cannon Emplacement around the middle of the map? Or some of the tunnels with different tiberium objects and doodads?

We have the GDI/Nod Repair Facility now so at the very least both bases can be set up.

• Totem Arts Staff
5 minutes ago, CoreDefender said:

The Cannon Emplacement around the middle of the map? Or some of the tunnels with different tiberium objects and doodads?

We have the GDI/Nod Repair Facility now so at the very least both bases can be set up.

The pathways, archs, the side walk ways in the bases

• Totem Arts Staff

I guess my question is what do people like so much about glacier? is it the unique elements? or the layout of the map?

I ask because that's what I remember, the layout. yes the gun emplacements and a few of the features of the map were cool, but I found the overall design of the map to be the part that made glacier so appealing.