AGN server won't load

Phoenix13

Hi Phoenix,

Have you tried cleaning your cache folder?

Mine is located here: \Renegade X\UDKGame\Cache

Please note, sometimes due to our mods your client has to re-compile shaders for some models, this can cause your client to look "crashed" during the first time you join it.

Give the cache clearing a go, and let me know how you get on.

2 hours ago, AlienXAXS said:

Hi Phoenix,

Have you tried cleaning your cache folder?

Mine is located here: \Renegade X\UDKGame\Cache

Please note, sometimes due to our mods your client has to re-compile shaders for some models, this can cause your client to look "crashed" during the first time you join it.

Give the cache clearing a go, and let me know how you get on.

I want to test that but I don't see the server anymore. But I think it was the repair pod file that did not fully download, that may have been the issue. I'll have to wait for the server to get back up to test it.

• Totem Arts Staff
1 minute ago, Phoenix13 said:

I want to test that but I don't see the server anymore. But I think it was the repair pod file that did not fully download, that may have been the issue. I'll have to wait for the server to get back up to test it.

It's offline at the moment, we are moving hosts.

Cool xD

But, I tried deleting the cache twice and downloaded the files again by joining the server, and I still get stuck in the loading screen. I tried another server and loaded successfully. Maybe I should get the files from another source and put them into my cache file, any suggestions?

Edited by Phoenix13

The solution is different (I guess):

Yesterday we tested this on two computers. When you launch the server from the launcher you end up in the games main menu with nothing happening. I did some digging and the shaders were compiled for Lakeside. For some reason this happens, I guess due to custom content. Since many people don't know this is happening (and since the game doesn't show anything) they assume (like I did) that there is something wrong and exit the game. This also stops the shader compiling. 

Next time wait for a while longer and you will be able to enter the server. 

Edited by Ryz

On 24-12-2017 at 3:54 PM, Sarah! said:

We didn't change the map, that would require us to upload a new Lakeside and you to download it. Unless you downloaded a new one?

I have no clue, but I checked this on Discord and it also had to build shaders with other people. Lakeside is a stockmap, so I don't get it. Guess it has something to do with the repairpads?

• Totem Arts Staff
5 hours ago, Ryz said:

I have no clue, but I checked this on Discord and it also had to build shaders with other people. Lakeside is a stockmap, so I don't get it. Guess it has something to do with the repairpads?

I would say highly unlikely, as the repair pad isn't spawned until after the map loads, and it uses dynamic lighting.

1 hour ago, Sarah! said:

I would say highly unlikely, as the repair pad isn't spawned until after the map loads, and it uses dynamic lighting.

No clue what it is and I am not posting this to blame someone, just to mention it happens.

Keep in mind:
1) More people have it  / reported it on Discord
2) I had it myself on 2 desktops (both used for Renegade-x weekly and all up-to-date)
3) I had it with other maps on that specific server only
4) Never had this issue on another server, besides servers not having certain maps
5) Since the rendering takes quite a while I assume it's something large being rendered

• Totem Arts Staff
1 hour ago, Ryz said:

No clue what it is and I am not posting this to blame someone, just to mention it happens.

Keep in mind:
1) More people have it  / reported it on Discord
2) I had it myself on 2 desktops (both used for Renegade-x weekly and all up-to-date)
3) I had it with other maps on that specific server only
4) Never had this issue on another server, besides servers not having certain maps
5) Since the rendering takes quite a while I assume it's something large being rendered

If it's recompiling shaders im pretty sure it would be doing the whole map over again, not just the repair pads if anything.

And it's nothing in aware of that we added that would cause that. What day was it so I can see the log?

Edited by Sarah!

21 hours ago, Sarah! said:

If it's recompiling shaders im pretty sure it would be doing the whole map over again, not just the repair pads if anything.

And it's nothing in aware of that we added that would cause that. What day was it so I can see the log?

Before you made this post I checked the blogs, but they got overwriten. I am pretty sure it was on the 23th (cause the fact that night we had a PUG and we spoke about it). Also I renember @Gliven having a look into this. Sorry for tagging  you if I am wrong @Gliven!

Of course my Mutator is causing clients to recompile shaders, but why it's doing this is still an unknown to me.

What is more strange is reports of this happened between the repair pads being put in, and the new PT's and to my best of knowledge no new models were put in during that time.

Perhaps it's the Purchase Terminals, but then again you said LakeSide caused an issue, that's a flying map isn't it? - if so the custom PT's do not activate on flying maps.

Ugh, something to investigate at some point, but as you said already @Ryz logging is pretty much useless at this point as it does not show why the engine decided it needed to re-do shaders.

** Edit **

Line 511: [0023.66] Log: Missing cached shader map for material DecalM_MuddyTrack_Parent_Cheaper, quality 0, compiling.
    Line 512: [0035.16] Log: Missing cached shader map for material GDILogo, quality 0, compiling.
    Line 513: [0041.71] Log: Missing cached shader map for material MMat_DecalsLogos, quality 0, compiling.
    Line 514: [0050.01] Log: Missing cached shader map for material M_BU_AGT_Damage_Parent, quality 0, compiling.
    Line 515: [0050.88] Log: Missing cached shader map for material M_Ceiling, quality 0, compiling.
    Line 516: [0051.62] Log: Missing cached shader map for material M_ConcreteBase_02, quality 0, compiling.
    Line 517: [0052.35] Log: Missing cached shader map for material M_Moon_Parent, quality 0, compiling.
    Line 518: [0052.54] Log: Missing cached shader map for material M_Post_Night, quality 0, compiling.
    Line 519: [0053.32] Log: Missing cached shader map for material M_Procedural_Sky_MASTER02, quality 0, compiling.
    Line 520: [0054.12] Log: Missing cached shader map for material M_Walls, quality 0, compiling.
    Line 522: [0054.12] Log: Missing cached shader map for material Normal_Flag, quality 0, compiling.
    Line 556: [0101.65] Log: Missing cached shader map for material M_Mystery_Crate, quality 0, compiling.
    Line 829: [0102.36] Log: Missing cached shader map for material M_PowerPlant_DamageParent2, quality 0, compiling.
    Line 830: [0105.19] Log: Missing cached shader map for material RepairPadLamps, quality 0, compiling.

Time to investigate.

After speaking with Kenz, it appears that if anything in the mutator uses a material that is not "standard" then the game will have to compile shaders for that single material.

So, due to having Repair Pads, and the Custom Crate texture, the game must re-compile shaders for the client, this is done on a per-client basis and cannot be pre-compiled.

While annoying, you only have to do it once, and there is nothing i can do about it unfortunately.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Totem Arts Staff
1 hour ago, RazJrt said:

Hi  Every time I try to play your server I cannot it tires to load but ends up freezing my game totally is there no other place to download all the new features so then I can just install them and run the game as the other servers running normal game are fine.

Hey there! :) Do you get past the dow nload screen? If you wouldn't mind, delete everything that's in the Cache folder.

image.png.a2f2a1aa50cae27b1f54172d30cb4116.png

Simply delete everything inside the folder, but not the folder itself. One other thing that would be useful to know is the specs of your CPU. 

image.png.53764552e107514927d73893dbd4b72d.png

My guess is that you haven't compiled the shaders for the material that we use for the repair pad. Every new material that is added to the game must be compiled before you are able to enter the level. This usually requires a few minutes and high CPU usage. If you are attempting to enter the server, open your Task manager and look for the process "UE3ShaderCompileWorker". 

I hope this helps :)

-Sarah

ok I cleared cache that did not work and I found my system info

windows 8.1

installed ram 8GB

Processor:  Intel(R) Pentuim(R) CPU G3260 3.30 GHz 3.30GHz

system type: 64-bit operating system, x64-base processor

other then windows 8.1 all mine are higher then your own so I dunno.

• Totem Arts Staff
5 hours ago, RazJrt said:

ok I cleared cache that did not work and I found my system info

windows 8.1

installed ram 8GB

Processor:  Intel(R) Pentuim(R) CPU G3260 3.30 GHz 3.30GHz

system type: 64-bit operating system, x64-base processor

other then windows 8.1 all mine are higher then your own so I dunno.

I see you have a dual-core system, which may be the root of your problem. When you enter the server, you have to build the material shaders, which is highly CPU intensive. Like I said, it may just be that it takes a long time to do the shader building.

(That wasn't my PC, was just an image I found online)

If you can get on our Discord, I can help you faster as well.

Edited by Sarah!

DID you REALLY just wait ? If so how long did you wait ?

Cause it is normal for the game to totally freeze till it did the initial downloads/initialization. Happened to me aswell, total freeze, but after a minute or two  it continued.

• 2 weeks later...