Dear NEC server,

isupreme

How do i love thee?   Let me count the ways...

1.  your ping is 5.

2. your ping is 5 for me.

3 i can NOT believe this Ping!

But who the heck are you people?   Are you here in forums?  

And WHY do i have to go thru steam to play on your server  ?   :(

{many questions withheld pending contact}

18 hours ago, Sarah! said:

People shouldn't have to? What's the point honestly.

There's literally 0 need to make things more complicated.

"Complicated" is the wrong word when the game literally says you need to be running Steam :P

If the server has !rec's or wants to without the hindrance of "cannot X the user is not running steam" then it is a benefit and easier to just force all players to run Steam when on that server

Doesn't harm anyone to run steam, even if its an account with nil or free games

• Thanks 1

• Totem Arts Staff
35 minutes ago, Madkill40 said:

"Complicated" is the wrong word when the game literally says you need to be running Steam :P

If the server has !rec's or wants to without the hindrance of "cannot X the user is not running steam" then it is a benefit and easier to just force all players to run Steam when on that server

Doesn't harm anyone to run steam, even if its an account with nil or free games

It does harm people. Why force people to download another program just do you can get a rec? If they want it, they'll download steam themselves.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Sarah! said:

It does harm people. Why force people to download another program just do you can get a rec? If they want it, they'll download steam themselves.

It was an example ya spanner. 

It doesn't harm people, unless you believe people who download and run Steam suffer from some kind of illness or injury? 

• Downvote 2

• Totem Arts Staff
1 hour ago, Madkill40 said:

It was an example ya spanner. 

It doesn't harm people, unless you believe people who download and run Steam suffer from some kind of illness or injury? 

50% of players don't use it, so why make it more difficult for people to get in game? If anything, it would dissuade people from playing.

Edited by Sarah!
  • Like 1

If RenX suddenly required Steam, I would leave the game. Half the time I can't even run it due to running the game on a Mac (technically I could install the Mac version but this will not be detected by the game in Wine), but on my Windows computer I don't have or want Steam. It's the iTunes of games and I won't install it on principle.

I realize that the loss of one player is not that big a deal, but for each one lost that's vocal there are undoubtedly many more that aren't. And for a game that's struggling with playercount as it is (as well as a steep learning curve for newbies), the more obstacles there are to playing, the worse for the game it is overall.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 24/12/2017 at 7:31 PM, Sarah! said:

50% of players don't use it, so why make it more difficult for people to get in game? If anything, it would dissuade people from playing.

You'r a shitty lazy ass twit if you think one server will dissuade you from playing a game, all because YOU cbfa to download freeware

Pathetic lazy mortal pleebs

F!ck the EU, glad we left

• Downvote 3

Setting all that Negativity aside for the moment.......

My main interest in this server is seeing it active.   The ping is incredible for me.

I hope other players will use the server.

I have a bunch of question i would ask the NEC folk... too bad they not on forums

Edited by isupreme

• Totem Arts Staff
5 hours ago, Madkill40 said:

You'r a shitty lazy ass twit if you think one server will dissuade you from playing a game, all because YOU cbfa to download freeware

What in the world does the EU have anything to do with it? I use Steam, actually. 

This is about the fact that it is stupid to force Steam on everyone, when it's clearly not needed. 

On 11/14/2017 at 7:22 AM, Agent said:

Yeah, right about half.

Half of the player base uses Steam. I am sure if they wanted stats, they would use Steam. 

The bottom line is, you don't know how forcing Steam globally would affect the player base; I don't think now is the time for taking risks that may adversely affect the amount of players.

Honestly, I don't give 2 flying fucks about the NEC server, as there's hardly any players there most of the time. Let him run his server how he wants.

Edited by Sarah!
  • Like 2
  • Downvote 1

6 hours ago, Madkill40 said:

Resorting to ad hominem and trying to derail the topic is certainly not going to help his argument win.

6 hours ago, Madkill40 said:

Oh, he clearly thinks he is an omniscent entity above all (or god). Talk about being egoistic.

I assume that he lost his patience and flipped, which caused him to throw expletives around.

In light of such.. why is this person a mod on CT exactly?

On topic: Often Steam needs to update and also show a newly released game or a sale, which appear in popup windows that some people find to be annoying; and just like how they find the intro movie in RenX annoying, these people just want to skip all and play right away.

Edited by Jarzey
  • Like 4

• Agent locked this topic