Teaming is NOT ALLOWED !

ex_member

depends on the circumstance, for example if one player has the intention of getting in the way of their teammates objectives to help this other player on the other team, then yes it's considered team hampering

if they're just minding their own business and playing the game while ignoring each other, it's not th

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, dr.schrott said:

I hardly can believe what I have read ???

They are not fighting each other - this happens FOR SURE IN DIFFERENT SITUATIONS ! Some of them quite important for the team !

It is not just minding their own business - it is supporting an opponent player and opponent team , and this is not allowed !

again it really depends on the situation, there's situations where you're looking at the overview map and somebody passes right by you in front of your screen, and there's other situations where infiltrators intentionally run past each other without engaging. i'm not sure exactly what happened in your game but if you want me to discuss this more in depth with you just pm me on discord

2 hours ago, CampinJeff said:

if they're just minding their own business and playing the game while ignoring each other, it's not th

If they are ignorant of each other then fair enough, but if they're knowingly aware of one another and not attacking each other but shooting at each of their allies  that is hampering your team, simply by ignoring an enemy who is right in front of you.

If two players are on opposing teams and near each other but are not attacking each other or any other player then they're just dicking about but not hampering. That's the only plausible situation.

Your post seems riddled with self-justification of doing what is described in the OP and refusing to go into detail -on a discussion forum- makes you look worse dude.

Let us all understand your reasoning.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Madkill40 said:

If they are ignorant of each other then fair enough, but if they're knowingly aware of one another and not attacking each other but shooting at each of their allies  that is hampering your team, simply by ignoring an enemy who is right in front of you.

Pretty much this. Admittedly, I didn't even know this issue existed?

There are times where people were actually minding their own business and didn't need to fight. I was a technician trying to sneak in and bumped in a Hotwire also trying to sneak in my base on the way. We both agreed not to shoot each other because we're trying to sneak in, we don't wanna combat.

Another time, I was technician also trying to sneak in, a GDI soldier spotted me and started shooting. I was like " damn, I'm so dead" and didn't even try fighting back or running away, so I just stand still waiting to get killed. He stopped shooting me at 10HP, and then just stared at me. I didn't attempt to fight him because he didn't kill me when he clearly can so I continued sneaking in (with that Soldier following me without shooting) until someone else caught and killed me. I think he felt pity shooting a defenseless technician.

But I agree something should be done if 2 players not killing each other because they're buddies. Deliberately allowing enemies to kill your allies is team hampering. This is utter bullshit. They don't deserve to be top players if they are not willing to fight people on their level so they can easily pick off the easier opponents who are actually playing because they are obsessed with k/d ratio instead of trying to win.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Madkill40 said:

If two players are on opposing teams and near each other but are not attacking each other or any other player then they're just dicking about but not hampering. That's the only plausible situation.

Your post seems riddled with self-justification of doing what is described in the OP and refusing to go into detail -on a discussion forum- makes you look worse dude.

Let us all understand your reasoning.

After discussing this incident with schrott privately, I was mistaken on my part and misinterpreted what he meant initially. I've sent out warnings to the perpetrators. 

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, dr.schrott said:

I hardly can believe what I have read ???

They are not fighting each other - this happens FOR SURE IN DIFFERENT SITUATIONS ! Some of them quite important for the team !

It is not just minding their own business - it is supporting an opponent player and opponent team , and this is not allowed !

"I didn't open fire because I was in no condition to win a gunfight, were I to draw attention to myself." ~my hypothetical excuse

If they're doing it with intent, it's dickish, but you can't prove intent, and I wouldn't open fire on many veterans if there's a chance they can shoot at other people and I can get by them and do something that doesn't involve my own imminent respawn.

Then, it comes down to arguing if you're owed a gunfight from me, when I have better things to do, or is it decided that I have to shoot every enemy I see or I'm just not good enough. Can we ban every technician/hotwire that lets any enemy walk from their base entrance without opening fire on tanks with their pistol? I mean, they're hardly helping their team if they're not shooting tanks with their handgun, because it drives past.

You know, even arguing intent, what if the situation were, they are mutually high-K/D and are not shooting each other in passing just to shoot other enemies. How many kills are they getting? Aren't they not dying from mutual agreement? Doesn't that mean, that the mutual agreement is by far the superior way to kill the enemy and assist their team by not dying? I'm just wondering, how is living a form of team-hampering?

Lastly, couldn't they "shoot at each other, 'happen to miss' both get behind a rock, and walk away afterwards"? Again, being bad, isn't team hampering, what if they just can't shoot each other before getting behind cover?

I don't get why some of you are coming up with hypothetical situations. No need for a hypothesis, we have numerous witnesses. It was not Hotwires passing by each other, it was not long range snipers coming up with a truce or any other shenanigans. However I should note that in each of those cases you are team hampering. This is a team based game, if you go against your team you break the mechanics behind it.

It was a party of people who were on voice chat with each other and agreed not to shoot each other and gave away enemy positions.

@CampinJeff I appreciate you taking care of this.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, vandal33 said:

He stopped shooting me at 10HP, and then just stared at me. I didn't attempt to fight him because he didn't kill me when he clearly can so I continued sneaking in (with that Soldier following me without shooting) until someone else caught and killed me.

Pretty sure I've done this to a Tech on Walls that was sneaking in.

7 hours ago, RustyShackleford said:

I don't get why some of you are coming up with hypothetical situations. No need for a hypothesis, we have numerous witnesses. It was not Hotwires passing by each other, it was not long range snipers coming up with a truce or any other shenanigans. However I should note that in each of those cases you are team hampering. This is a team based game, if you go against your team you break the mechanics behind it.

It was a party of people who were on voice chat with each other and agreed not to shoot each other and gave away enemy positions.

@CampinJeff I appreciate you taking care of this.

Well, to add to this: people talk about stuff that might happen once, coincidental or not, like letting a hotty live because it's funny. That's fine I guess.

So in case anyone is still under the impression this is something that just happened once or was a coincidence:

What we're talking about is a systematic problem that has been going on for a long time. It's not something that happened *once* or *only in one game*. It happened consistently on virtually every single match these 2 play against each other. It's about breaking the fundamental rules of a team vs team shooter like this so you can farm more kills and pad your kd better. At the cost of others.

• Thanks 2

On 2017-10-29 at 3:16 AM, vandal33 said:

Another time, I was technician also trying to sneak in, a GDI soldier spotted me and started shooting. I was like " damn, I'm so dead" and didn't even try fighting back or running away, so I just stand still waiting to get killed. He stopped shooting me at 10HP, and then just stared at me. I didn't attempt to fight him because he didn't kill me when he clearly can so I continued sneaking in (with that Soldier following me without shooting) until someone else caught and killed me. I think he felt pity shooting a defenseless technician.

im 100% that was me, was on Lakeside outside barracks about 2-3 weeks ago.
i was so chocked by you not firing back at me i just froze for a second, wondering if you were lagging or maybe was AFK.
and when i realised you were just accepting your fate without a struggle i did take pity on you, so i just stood there watching you for a few seconds before a havoc came along and saw you.

On 11/5/2017 at 10:25 PM, Syntharn said:

im 100% that was me, was on Lakeside outside barracks about 2-3 weeks ago.
i was so chocked by you not firing back at me i just froze for a second, wondering if you were lagging or maybe was AFK.
and when i realised you were just accepting your fate without a struggle i did take pity on you, so i just stood there watching you for a few seconds before a havoc came along and saw you.

Yes, Lakeside few weeks ago. Was hiding behind the tree outside barracks. I laughed at that moment when we just stared at each other and not shooting.