Pick Up Games (PUGs)

yosh56

I originally started on team 1 and moved to team 2 after the shuffle to ensure the numbers caught up.
HAHA Who was my commander then?! Or was I Team 1 then and Team 2 after the shuffle? Dunno..

Total confusion ftw xD

I think it was the other way around. He was on team 2 first and moved to team 1 later.

I definitely know that I was on team 2 first and moved to team 1 for the last game, where freak was the commander.

I originally started on team 1 and moved to team 2 after the shuffle to ensure the numbers caught up.
HAHA Who was my commander then?! Or was I Team 1 then and Team 2 after the shuffle? Dunno..

Total confusion ftw xD

I think it was the other way around. He was on team 2 first and moved to team 1 later.

I definitely know that I was on team 2 first and moved to team 1 for the last game, where freak was the commander.

So what you are essentially saying, is that after 3 games, and the teams getting shuffled, the PUG did in fact improve.

Well, I guess both sides of this situation can pull valid support for their arguments then.

So what you are essentially saying, is that after 3 games, and the teams getting shuffled, the PUG did in fact improve.

Well, I guess both sides of this situation can pull valid support for their arguments then.

Well, on Goldrush it didn't look like that it improved in any way. Besides freak I can't tell if anyone else changed the team, the teams looked pretty much the same to me as before.

Grassy Knoll was a really good match though, but I doubt that Team 1 would have won it, if they would have been NOD on this map. I think Team 2 with Jeff and Minji was still doing better.

But basically I think it's good to swap some players and let the losing team choose the next map, otherwise we wouldn't have seen this match on Grassy Knoll.

WAS NOT ANBLE TO PLAY FOR LAST FEW WEEKS

HAD AN ACCIDENT

NOW RECOVERING

TODAY WILL BE AVAILABLE FOR PUG

HOPES HIGH

:cool:

Did the accident make you colorblind? Like Ryz said, I wish you fast recovery, so that you can get back into this colorful world.

READY FOR TONIGHT?

Can we add interesting unit quotes to the selection of voice commands?

Or maybe as automatic responses.

Mobius electrifies 4 people and says "

"

• Totem Arts Staff
Oddly enough, I am probably more keen to participating in the PUG today than I am most other weeks. See you there.

PUG cancelled says TS

Probably because everyone is playing Overwatch

C'mon, we are asking for a Saturday, one after they already took a break from the week prior. Is Saturday asking too much anymore, and if so, do we have any takers for hosting a PUG server for those of us still interested, or do I need to look into hosting?

EDIT: Drinking too much, Voltex, don't bait me when I'm drunk and make me need to apologize, the damn DDOSer is just being very active atm, give it a week for him to fucking drink bleach or lose interest (idc which) so we can have a proper game.

• Totem Arts Staff
I am so sorry guys. I couldn't come anyway, but really sorry to hear this cancellation. Do you have anybody in mind who could behind these DDOS attacks?

Some guy called MAX

I am so sorry guys. I couldn't come anyway, but really sorry to hear this cancellation. Do you have anybody in mind who could behind these DDOS attacks?

Some guy called MAX

LOL It's not Max, I don't even know how that guy managed to install the game, also they know who is doing it and have even reported him to the police but of course they did nothing.

Just track him down when he wants to Ddos.

its impossible, and knowing who it is isn't going to solve anything.

all of you need to know is that the guy's only goal in mind is to watch people suffer and rage, and the best thing we can we can do to make him feel stupid for wasting money is to wait patiently until the server owners find a solution.

talking smack about him on the forums is exactly what he hoped to see, and is exactly why he's willing to pay money for ddos. smartest thing to do is to talk about the matter rationally with realistic solutions in mind. if you don't have anything productive to say towards helping mitigate this issue, i'd highly recommend keeping any negative thoughts to yourself on this topic.

Just track him down when he wants to Ddos.

its impossible, and knowing who it is isn't going to solve anything.

all of you need to know is that the guy's only goal in mind is to watch people suffer and rage, and the best thing we can we can do to make him feel stupid for wasting money is to wait patiently until the server owners find a solution.

talking smack about him on the forums is exactly what he hoped to see, and is exactly why he's willing to pay money for ddos. smartest thing to do is to talk about the matter rationally with realistic solutions in mind. if you don't have anything productive to say towards helping mitigate this issue, i'd highly recommend keeping any negative thoughts to yourself on this topic.

Listen to Jeff. Don't feed the troll.

I already have a solution, I just need to implement it. In the meantime just relax a bit and watch some TV or play overwatch with me :D

Honestly, being this angry about it is already a setback. Just by seeing all this, the guy might stick around even longer. Every time he's come back, he's left for months at a time. He might be around for weeks before he gets the point this time.

We ALL know there is already a solution in place. Everyone just needs to calm down and ignore him, by this time next week, whether he's trying or not, he'll be forgotten about.

Let's hope this time, when we forget about him, he forgets about himself as well, and we can all just leave this bullshit in the past. It's wasting a lot more of his time than it is ours, and is literally violating most national laws when he does it, putting him at risk of a bare minimum 6 month prison stay, each and every time he comes back. Remember, one of these days, SWAT is going to kick down your door, if they'll do it to Twitch streamers, they won't have a single problem doing it to you.

Is it worth 6 months in prison, just to bring down Ren-X servers, and it's already small yet dedicated playerbase, for a single fucking week?

Yes, indeed, plz update us about the availability of the server...

Server seams to be working but hidden if I am not mistaken, lets just wait and make sure we are ready!

Yeah, really a great PUG. I can't remember a PUG where in every game each team destroyed at least one building.

Canyon

Drawish for the first part until GDI managed to push Nod into their base with meds and destroy the airstrip with a beacon on the end of it. Meanwhile a tech destroyed WF and with about 20 minutes to go both teams were left with hardly any vehicles and GDI was 1k points in front.

After that both teams tried a lot of rushes (sydney rush, rocket rush, sbh rush, apc rush) and damaged a lot of buildings' health, but destroyed none. GDI won on time quite comfortably.

Grassy Knoll

Started like a standard game of Grassy Knoll, GDI taking control of the field with meds & mrls and destroying HoN.

After that Nod was defending very well for a long time. They also managed to sneak a few stanks past the line of GDI siege. Those stanks destroyed GDI refinery, while Nod refinery also went down to the sneaky "I count to 10 and everyone stops attacking then I count to 10 again and everyone starts hitting their ref" tactic, credit to Madkill. When Nod started preparing another stank rush, GDI rushed with ion at the end of strip and that finished the game. When the ion countdown was ongoing, 2 stealth tanks destroyed the WF. That just showed how poor our defense was in this game :P

Goldrush

At first, standard Goldrush: GDI infantry rush on HoN failed, after that they dominated the field with meds. Then a tech destroyed WF and Nod was on a 800 points lead with ~20 minutes to go.

At that point GDI gunner rushed and destroyed HoN, meanwhile an SBH nuke'd GDI PP and a single artillery brought GDI ref health down to 30.

After that it looked kinda like the Canyon game - both teams tried various kind of vehicle/infantry rushes, but all were defended (although some were close) and Nod won on points.

Walls

A crazy game. After first harvesters were both saved, Nod went for a rocket rush and got GDI ref down to 30 health. GDI responded with an APC rush that destroyed the unmined HoN. Nod tries double Chinook and got GDI ref down further to 5 health. GDI responded with an orca rush with double ion and destroyed the airstrip, leaving Nod without production buildings.

I'm guessing Nod would have surrendered at that point, but 15 minutes of the game had not passed at that time. And they made a small comeback - an engi sneaked and finished the GDI ref. Some time later, Nod managed to dominate the field with rocket soldiers and APCs and after damaging the health of WF and barracks they were only 1k points behind.

But GDI managed to save up for a med rush that destroyed PP. Nod APC rush was then stopped and answered with another med rush that destroyed the ref and ended this epic PUG.

Damn GG. ~13v13 most of the time, team Madkill 3-1 team Jeff. I sure did miss Renegade X.

Yeah I enjoyed it, especially the idea to stop shoothing for 10 secs so a building wouldn't get repaired, only to hit it full force after the countdown and crush it!

Yeah I enjoyed it, especially the idea to stop shoothing for 10 secs so a building wouldn't get repaired, only to hit it full force after the countdown and crush it!

It would of been awesome if we all got into a column formation and just rolled over em :D (C&C 3 mammoth tank quote anyone?)

> Grassy Knoll

> When the ion countdown was ongoing, 2 stealth tanks destroyed the WF.

I saw those stanks and tried to kill them as an engi before they started attacking WF, instead of waiting their attack inside the base. Epic fail.

> GoldRush

> At that point GDI gunner rushed and destroyed HoN, meanwhile an SBH nuke'd GDI PP and a single artillery brought GDI ref health down to 30.

At the same time I was in flametank attacking their AGT for 2 minutes :) Almost got their ref with tech just after that.

Keiser tried to kill our Air with hottie, first time Tony saved it, second time I saw him, but he stole someone flamer :)

> Walls

Jp (I dont remember full nick) shoot me in the head with rocketlauncher 4 times.

UPD. I will be late a bit for 18 Jun PUG

• Agent pinned, featured, unpinned and pinned this topic
  • Agent locked, unpinned and unfeatured this topic