.exe - Trojans

RipperSnapper

So the other night Windows Defender found 2 Trojans inside the .exe of Renegade which was then deleted.

Any idea of how these apparent Trojans got there? Has it happened with anyone else or is Windows Defender being awfully cautious?

Also, where can one get another .exe cause it's now off my laptop.

16 minutes ago, LavaDr4gon said:

I can confirm, happened last night too.

I had the current version and a Beta 5.25 version.  From the looks of it only the launchers were deleted.

They were quarantined so I was able to restore them.

So is it just Windows Defender being overly-cautious?

No trojan horses in the Launcher. I 100% guarantee that. (Only trojan bears :P )

The new Launcher downloads and changes some things in the program files folder which Windows Defender doesn't like. (Oddly enough, my Windows Defender isn't kicking in) I'll scan it with herdprotect or something else to determine if other scanners do the same detection.

These false positives will go away after next update, I hope. I changed a lot in the initial setup of the game. (It has something to do with permission management)

You can get a new copy of the beta launcher here:

7 hours ago, Schmitzenbergh said:

No trojan horses in the Launcher. I 100% guarantee that. (Only trojan bears :P )

The new Launcher downloads and changes some things in the program files folder which Windows Defender doesn't like. (Oddly enough, my Windows Defender isn't kicking in) I'll scan it with herdprotect or something else to determine if other scanners do the same detection.

These false positives will go away after next update, I hope. I changed a lot in the initial setup of the game. (It has something to do with permission management)

You can get a new copy of the beta launcher here:

Thank-you.

I've had a few days away from Renegade X and I have missed it dearly :-(

14 minutes ago, EKT-Kaiser said:

Downloaded the launcher update, Norton still "finds" an infection called Heur.AdvML.B and deletes the launcher.exe :(

Try to mark it as a false positive to prevent this in the future. This is the scanresult of VirusTotal. I can 1001% assure you that it's safe.

https://www.virustotal.com/file/d7c5334cb658a2dfdb66168c41246fda8dcf343b7955dc4e55dfe8b263dcce84/analysis/1481309854/