[Map] Cnc-Hourglass

TheDeadlyWolf

Seriously is Hourglass cursed?

Tried to release this map a few hours ago, but what do you know, Internet was Down

It's Finally Here...

Hourglass, Original Owners Scrin, Now A War Zone. Hourglass was once a peaceful harvesting Island for Tiberium crystals, Scrin originally found this Island while they were travelling the outskirts of the Atlantic Ocean for testing facilities, and a break from the war.

Scrin landed on this Island just to find out that they landed on the motherload, this Island has unique features that were unknown to Scrin before, the Island was rich in Tiberium fields that would continue to shrive and grow in all the random conditions that the Island presented, this allowed for wonderful harvests for their war enhancements due to the high generation of Tiberium Crystals.

Due to Scrin’s finding they started building a base to further their research, and once again they found the perfect resources that were located in the Islands ground, chemicals that allowed the Tiberium to double in worth, as well as providing a massive bonus to their continuous fights with Nod and GDI, Extra damage to all their weapons and abilities.

Scrin started recruiting and forcing humans to work for them, due to their mind controlling, so they didn’t have to do the work themselves. So the humans were used to test the chemicals and enhancements, create runways for importing and exporting supplies to/from the mainland, harvesting the crystals, building future testing facilities such as an uplink station to disable particular base defences in war – Obelisk and Advanced Guard Tower and most importantly building a mini replica of Scrin’s sacred temple, showing it’s their territory.

Years Later...Nod and GDI learned of this, both headed out, just to release that their bitter rivals were doing the same thing. Kane and Eva decided to put their differences aside for one moment to take out the greater and more powerful threat, Scrin, which have destroyed and murdered fellow bases and comrades without any trouble.

Scrin put up a massive fight against both Nod and GDI, destroying everything in their path and losing the majority of their buildings. So when GDI’s and Nod’s FIFTH backup arrived, Scrin decided to pull away – wasn’t worth the resources and they could find another place to continue the work later, or let Nod and GDI fight it out before annihilating the remainders.

So once Scrin pulled away, both Nod and GDI celebrated for a week while building their bases up from the ground, so they can continue the fight and benefit from the Island’s resources, so it was back to normal...Nod vs GDI, but for a major reward this time however, Tiberium enhancements as well as control of this sector like normal.

Let the fight commence...

Wolf

P.S. The Super Weapons are Dangerous to the environment - They Damage the special resources within the Islands grounds...Causing Tiberium eruptions, don't be alarmed, your just destroying the resources that you're fighting for - Causing Green Tiberium Flashes across your green (They're Green as you haven't mixed the components together)

Downloads:

RenX downloads

https://renegade-x.com/files/file/8-cnc-hourglass/

MediaFire

http://www.mediafire.com/file/p6xju44ataiom6a/CnC-Hourglass.rar

Edited by TheDeadlyWolf

• Totem Arts Staff

Here's my feedback:

Good work on the map. I like how it is done and it's new features

Some things you can/need to change/fix:

- Fix the lighting. It's at the moment very crappy because you didn't use lightmass. Ask DoctorAnubis or someone else to do lighting build but I suggest always using lightmass

- Reduce Obelisk / AGT firing range. Vehicles have no chance of getting on the hill without getting shot.

- The weather is too dark and you can't really see much from a distance.

- Remove the sniper pick-ups. These will cause OP on infantry and SBH sniping

- Add more lights to the bases. It is quite dark

- Remove TS/RA Vehicles in the bases. This will be the primary objective of this map every time and they don't care about the Uplink or Silo anymore

- Change the marked area with a different material. The current material is supposed to be used for those GDI/Nod wall. You can't use them, they don't fit at all. We have plenty of other materials that fit for it. Just type "Floor" and you get many materials that fit. If the scale is too big, just copy it over to your package and edit the scale. Easy as what:

580b836a43d5e_Hourglass-GDIBase.thumb.jpg.a66e9508c060cb5c2424cc2b6ee7a525.jpg

(Same goes for Nod Base of course)

- The sand of the landscape/terrain is not good at all. It looks like it is daytime when you can see it. I suggest you make it darker by editing the material of course.

- The tree leaf material is too shiny. Make it darker so it looks like you're in a night time map ;)

Just these things and the map is prettier ;)

7267cc49d0844b91af345b09ebf2a649.png

There are no Flood Doors... and you can access the sidetunnels from both sides dying immidiately.

8b123857da9c4112badb60195c0a7bd6.png

At the sniper rifle location (Silo side) is a floor collision missing. Sometimes you'll get stuck there or have to move back to walk on..

ae9124b8ca4944299ac4441bd11d4fd7.png

Although the sniper rifle looks very cool in 1st-Person stealth mode.... please remove it.

109864aa80db480bb6676d6900e8ff0b.png

Silo needs vehicle collisions...

06c36eeb9b934f6aba6bbb90586d2a77.png

There is a small bush leaving GDI on the left side with a vehicle collision.

- Mine Limit should be at least 24, maybe even higher.

- While the trees have white leafs, green ones fall to the ground.

- The tree branches sway with a quite high frequency. Doesn't look natural at all.

- Is there a trigger for the Kane Video?

- Gravestones got no engraving.

- You can get Wolverines inside the Scrin Temple.

- Initiate joined the map after the TS/RA reinforcements arrived. He could hear Hovercraft engine sound all over the map. After map restart all was fine.

- There is no chance to sneak the bases undetected... Maybe add Tunnels here (red):

677c5e4fb85a473c98be09673f030524.png

or add real cover near the INF entrances (green). The Walls are too low to cover you against Obelisk or AGT (front of base, inf entrance wall cover is ok).

Or: while it's night (heavy rain) Obelisk & AGT could have a reduced range / hit rate [I have no clue if this is possible...] so sneakers could take their chances.

Sneaking could also be a lot easier if you could hide in the basalt alcoves... but there are collisions all over. Near the Nod infantry entrance is a tree right next to a map border (collision). It's a strange feeling that you can only pass it on the right side while there seems to be a lot of space to the left...

- Also reconsider the position of GTs in GDI base. While the Turrets alert Nod very early about attackers, GDI may have a disadvantage.

- Nod got an additional alarm system through the Ceiling Guns - just destroy all the windows..

Think Thommy mentioned the rest... it's too dark.

Regards,

Sn4ke

Edited by DarkSn4ke

On 22/10/2016 at 9:40 PM, ThommyK0104 said:

Here's my feedback:

Good work on the map. I like how it is done and it's new features

Some things you can/need to change/fix:

- Fix the lighting. It's at the moment very crappy because you didn't use lightmass. Ask DoctorAnubis or someone else to do lighting build but I suggest always using lightmass

- Reduce Obelisk / AGT firing range. Vehicles have no chance of getting on the hill without getting shot.

- The weather is too dark and you can't really see much from a distance.

- Remove the sniper pick-ups. These will cause OP on infantry and SBH sniping

- Add more lights to the bases. It is quite dark

- Remove TS/RA Vehicles in the bases. This will be the primary objective of this map every time and they don't care about the Uplink or Silo anymore

- Change the marked area with a different material. The current material is supposed to be used for those GDI/Nod wall. You can't use them, they don't fit at all. We have plenty of other materials that fit for it. Just type "Floor" and you get many materials that fit. If the scale is too big, just copy it over to your package and edit the scale. Easy as what:

580b836a43d5e_Hourglass-GDIBase.thumb.jpg.a66e9508c060cb5c2424cc2b6ee7a525.jpg

(Same goes for Nod Base of course)

- The sand of the landscape/terrain is not good at all. It looks like it is daytime when you can see it. I suggest you make it darker by editing the material of course.

- The tree leaf material is too shiny. Make it darker so it looks like you're in a night time map ;)

Just these things and the map is prettier ;)

Thx for the feedback guys, appreciate most of it haha - Knew people would continue to moan about darkness...

1) Of course I will, but it will be a pain to keep sending the map to DA so he can build lighting with Lightmass - Will Occasionally, As soon As I know I'm releasing it

2) Possibly Not: You can Wait on your side of Hill - STOPS hill campers, Major downside of original Hourglass

3) Will do: Gotta make it worth while, what about Free Shotguns to defend yourself? - getting back to base and reclimibing

4) Will do: More Lights to come

5) Most Likely Not: The TA vehicles don't spawn till LATER on (think its between 30(5) - 45minutes) - Stops Stalemate (Major Factor from Original) - Can increase time if necessary

6) Will do: Sorry about that, Grouped all the shit together and placed a material on it - Taking Shorcuts

7+8) Will do: No excuses...

P.S. The distance is only fucked when the Rain Comes in and Thick Fog - The Islands Random Weather conditions, blame Scrin....

Now for Sn4ke

1) Will sort: They did work in the Very Old Version on custom or Servers - Possibly Broken, never went back to them + the killzones are there incase you block yourself in

Edit: Checked the Flood Gates, They appear for me on the outer tunnels but you can walk through them eventually (and die) however inside the tunnel...nothing

2) Will do: Noticed that, thought I fixed it, unless it was the Temple side

3) Will do: Thx for noticing, never really thought about it

4) Will do: Didn't know that lol

a) Mine Limit should be 24 and vehicle limit 8 - Is in my config file

b) Will do: LMFAO

c) No Trigger, Auto Starts prior to the Backup

d) Might: More Work...

e) Will do: Once again didn't think about doing collision for temple - Apart from inside

f) That Problem Existed in the Very old Release - Thought I might have fixed it, Can easily remove the sound, just added some extra detail to GDI's backup (Hovers have two sounds, Idle and Moving) - The radius only covers the beachhead

g) Originally had Tunnels - REMOVED, Not Hourglass

H/I) That's a possibility, LOVE the Idea

5) Doubt it: The Stones walls do have Random Collision, it's the way they're built, did notice that myself, does look shit, only fix is to build New Collision for the mesh and could possibly screw up other areas

6) Will try: Did have 3 GT's in GDIs base before - 2 at front (like Nod), But Nod's Obi has to charge up so I removed

Can remove the Back GT, replace the 2 spotlights with GT's instead

7) Classic, The CT is more OP than GDI's but can be destroyed easier - Tankers, Can move inside building in next update

P.S. Play Horologe, that's light : )

+

Keep Em Coming

Edited by TheDeadlyWolf

Already did a lot testing on Horologe :D

- switch from sniper rifle to shotgun? - No, that makes any unit a 1-shot-unit-against-ANY-other-unit in close combat and SBH got the greatest benefit..

I can't really decide on a weapon that isn't too OP for the different infantry unit types. Maybe Grenade Launcher as it's no sneak map?

- Thommy told me that you can't change AGT / Obelisk range in a running game, but maybe you figure something out. The Uplink is working fine, but that's not what I want at night ^^ not a complete deactivation but a dilution so sneakers have a chance at all.. as harvy walk doesnt work good with broken harvies or Turrets / GTs on the side.

Things I forgot...

- phone box got no collisions [EDIT: Wolf told me thats on purpose]

- harvies... they work or they suck... especially GDI harvester keeps sliding sidewards down the hill. I don't know why - the hill shouldn't be too steep as harvesters are working fine on Horologe...

- the wall surrounding AGT has no vehicle collision :([EDIT: at least Nod APC can climb em... TickTanks NOT :o]

Edited by DarkSn4ke

Good Testing and having a laugh,

Yeah, Phone Box - You can go inside and take a phone call...

AGT collision - Once again forgot or done badly

Havies: Nod = Fixes itself, GDI = Worked Perfectly in SDK, Custom and Servers...That's another story 60-40 its decreasing as we speak

Extra Notes:

Air Lift BROKEN AGAIN - So much Maintenance - Works Once

Rocks Around Hill Escape (waterfall) have no vehicle collision

Sounds for teleporter work Once per person, Seriously...Typical Kismet Online

Radar doesnt reset for some reason on servers (making laser look s**t), rotates than stops - doesnt reset like it does in Custom and SDK

Edited by TheDeadlyWolf

Thommy told me that you can't change AGT / Obelisk range in a running game, but maybe you figure something out. The Uplink is working fine, but that's not what I want at night ^^ not a complete deactivation but a dilution so sneakers have a chance at all.. as harvy walk doesnt work good with broken harvies or Turrets / GTs on the side

The AGT/Obelisk have a range that is fixed per map, I don't believe the value can change mid-game, although the best person to ask is @yosh56.

12 hours ago, TheDeadlyWolf said:

Rocks Around Hill Escape (waterfall) have no vehicle collision

hehe had some fun there with a TickTank yesterday :)

But once I managed to fall down into the cave my Tick was just back on top of the map :(

@Fffreak9999 is there a way to alter the hit rate of Ob/AGT mid-game? Or better ask @yosh56 as well?

Edited by DarkSn4ke

• 5 weeks later...

A month later update news:

Haven't really done much lately, had a lot of shit and been playing Titanfall and other games

So far:

Added Vehicle collision around the AGT's Walls
Added Vehicle collision around the escape paths on hill
Fixed Collision around Scrin's Temple so no more exploits
Changed the textures ontop of the walls around each base
Removed bush that had collision outside GDI's Base
Added the flood gates to my hourglass package and replaced the old version with the newer ones - Haven't Updated or Tested the Kismet
Changed the 500 Sniper pick ups to a SMG_Silenced instead
Moved the position of the Nod CT in Air, Now downstairs
Edited the Uplink kismet to see if the problem resolves when playing online - long shot - Haven't Tested

• 3 weeks later...
On 26/11/2016 at 6:46 PM, DarkSn4ke said:

can we expect a release with fixed lighting? :D

I know the darkness was intended... but.... you know ;)

Can't Promise Anything...All i can say is that there will be Extra Lights in each Base

Finally found time to edit Hourglass...

Nod's Side Entrance, Can easily get into Hon with timing : )

Nod is storing barrelled Tiberium outside of the base, for safety reasons

Nod Side.jpg

GDI's side entrance didn't work that well, it's a long way to WF however with Team Work it can be done (need a repair man) For this reason had to add some extra cover further into the base...A stupid Engineer has skidded on the wet floor into some boxes and some explosive barrels, thereby a fire has been generated (Hum-Vee Blown up)

GDI have barrelled Tiberium along the back wall behind Ref (awaiting Hovercraft collection)

GDI had Boxes and Explosive Barrels near the outside of the base, however due to this incident the explosive barrels have been moved next to the WF and some of the boxes have been placed outside of the base awaiting relocation (well the ones they could move anyway)

GDI Side.jpg

Just 2 images of some Seen Progress

As well as:

Implemented the new flood gates into the kismet, tested them, and working
Changed settings within the sand texture, to make a darker variant (more Shiny) - Well can't enter the Terrain mode on this UDK lol, instantly crashes, went the long way
Lowered the Wind Power when the Fog comes in - more natural feel, still insaneish
Added some cover near the Infantry Entrances to each base - As seen in the images, good luck Nod, I mean it                      

Added in 2 extra GDI guard towers, replaced the spot lights

Added 2 Spotlights to Nod's base and moved the 2 in GDI's base
Added extra Paths nodes and reconfigured some
Added some extra detail into the map, more barrels and boxes

Thought of an Idea That May Work for the Tiberium Harvester problem...Will try ASAP

Edited by TheDeadlyWolf

• 2 weeks later...

Happy Christmas Guys, Enjoy

Complete some more fixes in the last 2 days

Finally found a way to edit the particle systems for the falling leaves, didn't want green trees, and this is a war/death scene so healthy trees is a No No

Dark/Brownish Leaves Now, Gotta love Rogue One : )

New Leaves.jpg

Added in the new lights for the Nod Base today - Testing them out before doing the same in GDI's

View from cliff edge in light

New lights.jpg

View from hill in Stormy + Foggy Weather, can see the light outlines (Fog hard to see, stealth time)

New Lights 2.jpg

View outside the base during Heavy Fog + Rain, you gotta be up close for a better sight, more realistic and better for sneak attacks

New Lights 3.jpg

View from inside the base once the heavy fog + Rain is over, are the lights OTT once you're back to normal lighting?

Back to Normal.jpg

Questions:

1) Is the light too bright?

2) Should I increase the distance, bare in mind the fog is beneficial for stealth and sneak attacks, or Wait till the newest release to answer this one, can have a better feel and in-person gaming experience?

3) From Last Picture...

Enjoy. Happy Xmas ; D

Edited by TheDeadlyWolf

1 hour ago, ThommyK0104 said:

1) At least reduce light at HoN hand. It's like: "Hit here to kill it easily"

2) Reduce fog cause bases aren't really visible from the hill

Happy Christmas to you too ; )

Number 1: OK

Number 2: This was more about the fog around each light in the base, Not the Actual fog (good for sneaking in and preparing an attack, plus as your up high the fog will be thick and your sight's limited - Can help with rushes and avoiding stalemate when timed correctly and you know the map)

And what about Number 3...

Are the lights OTT once you're back to normal lighting?

On 25/12/2016 at 2:49 PM, ThommyK0104 said:

Merry Christmas too you too ;)

2) Ahhh then it's OK

3) Don't understand what you mean with: "From Last picture...." :/

Shoulda made it more clear

Question 3: Looking at the last image, Are the lights OTT once you're back to normal lighting?

OTT - Over The Top :o

• 2 months later...

I'm back after a long vacation from Renegade X, harvesters were pissing me off like normal, and nothing was working and editing the terrain crashed the SDK

For this reason I have been meaning to install the SDK on Windows 10 for some time now, however I never got round to it...Been busy with Win 7 and shit

Finally got round to installing the SDK, there's an Update - great work guys

First think first, the SDK seems very Weird : )

Next up GDI harvester

Tried a lot of shit, and eventually I got it working, Fluently I must add - 20 perfect trips (love the new features on Ref)

Next was Nod, did similar changes like the stuff for GDI, and the Nod harvester was working fluently - 20 perfect trips...

But Then...GDI harvester kept getting stuck...Eventually fixed that too

Harvesters both working fluently now...Time to test the timings

Nod was faster, about 20 Seconds ish (When Nod harvy leaves ref, GDI starts dumping)

As a result I've decreased the GDI harvest time to run at similar times with the Nod Harvey (like a second difference)

P.S.

The credits gained from each dump are now 500 credits, and per second it's 4

Welcome Back.

Just some things to note, can you reduce the size of the UPK package, We tried using the in-game downloader (which is fixed and now works for maps and packages)

It took more than 10 minutes to go through half of the UPK file before I gave up downloading the package.

Also had reports that the hovercraft sound plays for all people who join after the Reinforcements have arrived and doesnt stop.

9 hours ago, Fffreak9999 said:

Welcome Back.

Just some things to note, can you reduce the size of the UPK package, We tried using the in-game downloader (which is fixed and now works for maps and packages)

It took more than 10 minutes to go through half of the UPK file before I gave up downloading the package.

Also had reports that the hovercraft sound plays for all people who join after the Reinforcements have arrived and doesnt stop.

I will try before the next release, but Hourglass contains many sounds and exclusive shit.

However I do have the next map Stronghold within the UPK package aswell (was gonna combine all maps into one package - tidier), and once again it contains some exclusive shit, and I would prefer to keep it that way

And Thx

• Totem Arts Staff
1 hour ago, TheDeadlyWolf said:

I will try before the next release, but Hourglass contains many sounds and exclusive shit.

However I do have the next map Stronghold within the UPK package aswell (was gonna combine all maps into one package - tidier), and once again it contains some exclusive shit, and I would prefer to keep it that way

And Thx

Don't add all assets of multiple maps. It will make the package size huge.

Give every map it's own package or assign the assets to the map itself

Edited by TK0104

Okay, I will split the UPK's into map related ones, For the Community!

However at the moment, Thursday's are the main days available for mapping, if I have time to spare

Windows 10, No problems so far relating to the SDK - only thing that's not been tested yet is building lights with the correct settings...

• Like 1

Spent over an 1hour trying to fix the lift...However the lift is Now Fixed

The lift inside the Airstrip has 2 possible Fixes - 1 that Works, and 1 that Doesn't seem to function on Hourglass (but functions on every other map, on terrain and landscape maps) Functions on Stronghold : )

The only possible reason is the glitchy/corrupted sequence folder inside the kismet - This folder is called 'Prefabs' (never created it mind you) and it includes 2 VERY VERY old sequences that relate to the Airstrip, and this occurred when I was combing the Air, Ramps, Paths, and Lift together into a single prefab (helps me out, planned ahead) - however the main problem with this folder is that I can't delete either sequence, nor the folder itself : (

What's left?

Gonna try and add some engraving to the gravestones - and I'll probably only do 1 texture or 2, with the standardised one

Build Lights

Test Kismet - Double check Hover sounds are fixed, the Teleporter Sounds, and the Uplink is no longer fucking about 

P.S. Saved about 35,300kb on the Hourglass Package...

• Like 1

On 24-3-2017 at 0:38 AM, TheDeadlyWolf said:

Gonna try and add some engraving to the gravestones - and I'll probably only do 1 texture or 2, with the standardised one

You can do multiple engravings on 1 texture by using the Red, Blue and Green channels. And you might be able to fit multiple engravings on each channel, depending on how large they are. By making the UV Coordinates into parameters you can set the engraving you want for each gravestone material instance. If you keep the engravings small you could maybe fit like 16 of them on 1 channel, so there's 48 different dead people instead of just 1 or 2.

It's a nice little material challenge if you like that kind of stuff ;) 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

11 Engravings done on 10 Gravestones, Yes 11 (1 Engraving can be found in 3 separate areas, another EE)

Fixed terrain height by side entrances

Built Lights in Production, and worked on Windows 10, everything works and functions probably : )

Redone Minimap

Redone Map Image

So Hourglass 2.0 Release has an ETA within 48 hours

• Like 1

Well, had a last minute fix...Kismet was completely f**ked...Execution fails continuously

However that was easily overcome, and here it is, Hourglass 2.0 Update...

Obsolete

A lot of changes have been made, and most of them have been listed in the change notes for CnC-Hourglass 1.0 - 2.0, found below

CnC-Hourglass 1.0 - 2.0.txt

Edited by TheDeadlyWolf

Well within 24hours Hourglass 2.0 was released, within 48hours on the other hand Hourglass 2.1 was released with some minor/major fixes and improvements

Tried another fix for teleporters

Tried another fix for Uplink

Had to implement the hovercraft fix again, had another sound playing in the background

Edited the terrain by GDI's base - for flooding

Added collision to the flood gates - forgot to add collision after replacing the old corrupted version

Covered a see through hole on top of hill

Edited the lights and textures in Both Refs to suit the blue tiberium

Changed the kismet for Reinforcements and flood to start from game start

Added collision to GDI shore wall, could boost yourself over - Not wanted after flood

Added a new decal in Nod

Edited some detail around the map

Hourglass 2.1 Update (Mediafire): http://www.mediafire.com/file/s4qyh1bfa0tuxng/CnC-Hourglass.rar

(Renegade X): CnC-Hourglass.rar

Edited by TheDeadlyWolf
  • Like 1

On ‎16‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 7:03 AM, Madkill40 said:

You've made an incredibly stunning re:rendition of Hourglass, the environment, the weather create a good feel when playing and the ceiling turrets are a nice touch. Heck! Even the bots enjoy this map.

Well done, good job!

LMFAO and Thank You, the cursed map has finally become a success : )

After testing the map with Try-out the Uplink kismet works perfectly now - hallelujah

However the new fix for teleporter sounds went the complete opposite - no longer plays

And the suggestion for changing the kismet for Reinforcements and flood to start from game start instead of Loaded and visible was good at first....

But the flood no longer functions, so I switched flood to loaded and visible, and it's now working again

However I haven't updated the download file...

Edit: Gonna do some other changes that require building lights again - missed a light in both refs and decrease the shininess of the beach (a bit ott) , as well as adding some lights near the flood gates , as they're now occasionally coming out pitch black

Edited by TheDeadlyWolf

You know me, it's gotta be perfect...

Flooding is visual but does add some extra flavour/features to hourglass when you've been playing for hours (marathon servers)

Change Notes:

Changed the kismet for flood back to Loaded and Visible
Removed starting collision on flood gates so they can pass through the floor/brushes
Added collision to the flood gates via kismet upon passing through the floor/brushes - However some have no colour while others do (Some flood gates are pitch black while the others appear normal)
Added 2 lights under the terrain in hope of fixing the flood gates darkish, but to no result still 50/50
Edited the terrain along each side path
Changed the remaining green lights in both refs to blue
Decrease the shininess of the beach/shore
Added vehicle collision to both PPs - so easy to exploit
Added a kill volume behind the GDI shore door during the flood - in case someone is still outside or have found an exploit
Tried another fix for the teleporter sounds
Created a new copy of the texture inside my package that was used on a hiddenish scrin statue, and replaced it

As a result Hourglass 2.2 is now released

Mediafire: http://www.mediafire.com/file/4qx8t90i3qon4jr/CnC-Hourglass+2.2.rar

Renegade X: CnC-Hourglass.rar

Edited by TheDeadlyWolf
Reduced file size by 1.52mb - every little helps

• 3 weeks later...

Well, work on stronghold is postponed...

@limsup extracted my packages and I found out the actual files that were using all the storage space...Mainly Sounds - E.G. Flood Sound 70mb LMFAO

Thx again @limsup, you're a big help : )

Gotta go through the custom sounds and re-import/configure them, fun : )

That can wait for a bit...blame the SDK sizing

Edited by TheDeadlyWolf
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Well, Hourglass was

184mb for Map

201mb for Package

36.2kb for Ceiling Turret

New and Compressed Hourglass...

184mb for Map

83mb for Package - Saved 118mb ; )

36.2kb for Ceiling Turret

The new version of Hourglass, 2.3 is Now Live!

Mediafire:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/lajnl9ev92k9jtj/CnC-Hourglass+2.3.rar

Or Download Forums

Edited by TheDeadlyWolf
Released
  • Like 1

Only a few people have downloaded, so I've done a quick turn around with new improvements and fixes

Gave the GDI Shore door a sound
Slowed the GDI Shore door down, to flow with the sound
Made a copy of the Teleporter sound in my package
Replaced the Teleporter sounds with my version
Couldn’t remember if the other noise in the Scrin temple was heard online, so I made a copy and replaced it with my version
Edited a gravestone that was floating
Fixed a hidden hole - Exploit
Added 2 more spotting Nodes - Abandoned Airfield and GDI Shore
Put the Reinforcements back to Loaded and Visible - Fair, When flood comes, GDI was screwed - Mainly affected on Marathons if no one is playing
Edited Volume damage
Edited the crushed wall in Nod's base, for flooding circumstances
Edited the Plane Kismet during Reinforcements, more believable
181mb for Map
83.5mb for Package

Mediafire Link: http://www.mediafire.com/file/c2y95zwd3u2d88u/CnC-Hourglass_2.4.rar

Or Download Via Forums!

Edit: Well, a global problem had arisen, the teleporter sound would play globally - extremely annoying and irritating....Now Fixed...Sorry for the Inconvenience!

Edited by TheDeadlyWolf
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Fffreak9999 said:

Added to IGDL

Thank you for that.........but a global problem has arisen, the teleporter sound plays globally - Very Annoying, Gonna Fix within the hour

Bloody Curse...You're gonna be pissed : )

Well, the extremely annoying and irritating problem is Now Fixed...Sorry!

Edited by TheDeadlyWolf

• 2 weeks later...

Hourglass Updated, all in a Day!

Hourglass Change Notes:
Version 2.4 - Version 2.5
Fixed the Ladder Volumes
Reduced the Sound Volume for GDI Shore Door - For you @Fffreak9999
Fixed the Weapon Factory Wall - when building destroyed, it turns destroyed
Changed the Guard towers at the front of GDI to Turrets (havent got a GDI texture though - fair and easier to infiltrate, otherwise near enough impossible :) 
Corrected the Nod Ceiling Turret Textures
Added a Nod Guard Tower at the back of Nod's base
Added light details to the lights by Ref backdoors
Added 3 New Street Lamps
Added some rocks in the Nod Abandoned Airfield to remove the stuck spots
Moved the GDI Water Barrels away from the wall to remove the stuck spots
Edited a Collison
Redone Minimap as a result
Rebuilt Lights

Mediafire Link: http://www.mediafire.com/file/knzldta2i2rp8s0/CnC-Hourglass+2.5.rar

Or Download Via Forums!

Edited by TheDeadlyWolf

• 4 months later...

Whoops, Posted the message in the wrong post : )

I'm Back with a Patch, and I should be starting the Mesa Remaster when I can find some time away from other shit

Just a quick patch to finalise some issues and make a few improvements to Hourglass before @limsup session

Version 2.5 - Version 2.6
Redone Nod's Reinforcements (Kismet) - Made it better, this was the first Kismet I had ever done : )
Made changes to Nod's Abandoned Airfield
Changed the Weapon Spawn - Temple Side
Fixed the Damage Volume - Now Damages Everyone
Rebuilt Lights
Added a Notification/Alarm for Uplink - People wanted a notification of sorts for when the base defences had gone offline, rather then the satellite just spinning around, SO...
 - When Nod's Obelisk is Offline, it Plays a Low Pitch Alarm
 - When GDI's Advanced Guard Tower is Offline, it Plays a Higher Pitch Alarm

CnC-Hourglass 2.6.rar

You can download the map from Medafire here

http://www.mediafire.com/file/b5areybudv2h58o/CnC-Hourglass_2.6.rar

Edited by TheDeadlyWolf
Patch for Server Kismet Error
  • Thanks 1