[Map] CNC-Uphill (V1.3) and [Map] CNC-Tomb (V1.5)

TK0104

- Added base defence to prevent most of the infantry rushes at the beginning of the game

Seriously? Everyone said they DIDN'T want this. Protip: If you don't want a map to end so fast, don't make a tiny map that takes 5 seconds to reach the enemy base.

Don't know what the infantry path change means until I see it. Will look later.

• Totem Arts Staff
- Added base defence to prevent most of the infantry rushes at the beginning of the game

Seriously? Everyone said they DIDN'T want this. Protip: If you don't want a map to end so fast, don't make a tiny map that takes 5 seconds to reach the enemy base.

Don't know what the infantry path change means until I see it. Will look later.

It's only 1 turret / guard tower that can be taken down from a distance with rockets / tanks / artys

• Totem Arts Staff

CNC-Tomb Release V1.21

---Changelist V1.21---

- Removed Base Defence

- Moved the silo to the south side of the map at a new spot that's only accessable with infantry

- Added a rock for cover at the old silo location

CVhaQ7V.jpg

HIJB7PH.jpg

Download Here CNC-Tomb (V1.21)

Map also uploaded to Mapper Cloud Storage

Sure. Btw, you never did fix the blocky edging on the landscape from the shadows. Something about lightmap resolution or something.

Actually, you might want to fix it on this one. I can blend it out, but if around the silo appears ingame, anything like what it appears like played from editor, the silo lights reflects nearly solid white off the sand, while a very obvious solid black line appears in the edging of the shadow on the other side.

If you would rather me make the minimap with the current map file, let me know and I will, I will just blend the tan sand from the edges across the lighted areas, as well as the shadow edges, but that won't fix it in-game where the lighting very much looks like that.

artifacts2.png.e9536b0779490b2900ff74afd974f82a.png

Much appreciated. Will take a look at it tonight.

For reference though, I requested it to be fixed, besides making it easier on me (I did the last one, I can do it again by blending), it actually does show up in-game as well. I appreciate you fixing whatever effects it may have in-game. I would have made the minimap if asked either way though. Was just letting you know.

I will check this out and use it for the minimap.

• 2 weeks later...

I am sorry for my prolonged... wasn't completely absent, but was definitely not here frequently nor was I working on this, and for that I apologize. I finally did make that Minimap for the next version of Tomb.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BxV7t ... UtsekNNcGM

Notes:

1) Mounting info, same center x1230 y90 z0, size this time I aimed low rather than high and ended up scaled at 40400 when I tested. Same issues with darkness but it wasn't that bad last time so I didn't adjust as much.

2) I appreciate you fixing landscape lightmass texture, but it didn't completely fix all the issues, the silo and gdi refinery ones were there when I went to work. I blended them out best I could, no longer annoying boxes in minimap shadows. However, I fear these landscape shadow boxes may even show up ingame for some players.

3) This is a non-visible gameplay glitch and a recommendation. I am sure someone may have already told you, but Kenz3001 told me and I have confirmed, that your Tomb Wall and Brick Wall meshes catch the shoulders of infantry. The collision has friction. If you walk against a wall, you do not walk at all, it binds you in place, perfect way to get decapitated by gunfire. Short term easy solution for this map, is just to add invisible blocking volumes along the walls so infantry just barely don't come in contact to the walls. The invisible blocking volumes block infantry without binding them from walking, so they are an acceptable replacement. Make sure to do inside of tomb, that square that leads out to field, and the pillars along the outside of the square, plz and ty.

• Totem Arts Staff
I am sorry for my prolonged... wasn't completely absent, but was definitely not here frequently nor was I working on this, and for that I apologize. I finally did make that Minimap for the next version of Tomb.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BxV7t ... UtsekNNcGM

Notes:

1) Mounting info, same center x1230 y90 z0, size this time I aimed low rather than high and ended up scaled at 40400 when I tested. Same issues with darkness but it wasn't that bad last time so I didn't adjust as much.

2) I appreciate you fixing landscape lightmass texture, but it didn't completely fix all the issues, the silo and gdi refinery ones were there when I went to work. I blended them out best I could, no longer annoying boxes in minimap shadows. However, I fear these landscape shadow boxes may even show up ingame for some players.

3) This is a non-visible gameplay glitch and a recommendation. I am sure someone may have already told you, but Kenz3001 told me and I have confirmed, that your Tomb Wall and Brick Wall meshes catch the shoulders of infantry. The collision has friction. If you walk against a wall, you do not walk at all, it binds you in place, perfect way to get decapitated by gunfire. Short term easy solution for this map, is just to add invisible blocking volumes along the walls so infantry just barely don't come in contact to the walls. The invisible blocking volumes block infantry without binding them from walking, so they are an acceptable replacement. Make sure to do inside of tomb, that square that leads out to field, and the pillars along the outside of the square, plz and ty.

1) Thanks for making it

2) I know what was going on at the silo. The lights are so high that the landscape will mess up. I disabled the lights in the first version but forgot to do that in the last one

3) I'm going to use blocking volumes to fix this goddamn issue

• Totem Arts Staff

CNC-Tomb Release V1.3

- Added an updated minimap

- Got rid of the silo spotlights cause they mess up the landscape

- Rebuilded lights which gave the map a new look

- Moved the pillars more to the front to prevent getting stuck between the temple and pillars

- Both teams own 2 rocket emplacements on the wall to stop enemy rushes

NOTE: The collision of the Tomb isn't fixed yet. I'm working on it.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2ze9D ... sp=sharing

Edited by Guest

• Totem Arts Staff
no colission fixes :(

Forgot to say that. I'm working on that at the moment. I want to try to fix the collision of the models instead of adding blocking volumes

EDIT: Updated the last post

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Totem Arts Staff

So I had a great idea to release in an upcoming version. We all know the buildings have 1 standard looking. I wanted to give the buildings in Tomb a different looking. Buildings with sand on the exterior.....think about it:

And look:

T67D7Uy.jpg

This is just the barracks, but I will make for all the buildings sandblend versions

Also a question to be awnsered. Do i have to add base defence so games will be better without early rushes

You're better off waiting for that. I'm gonna make sure we can override building materials next patch, so you can replace the material for a building by your desire. So you can make the sandblend materials already, but I wouldn't bother making a new .u file

The problem here is that you need to override all 3 LOD's when doing these kinds of visual things. As the materials change per LOD.

So next patch you're gonna have to make a copy of the static mesh with overridden LOD materials to your own package, and replace the static mesh within the actor. I've already tested this and it works.

Also; keep in mind that you need to create sandy building materials for each LOD

• 1 month later...
  • Totem Arts Staff

CNC-Tomb Release V1.4

- Tomb Exterior and Tomb Decoration don't have glitchy collision anymore (Only Interior walls still have it)

- Fixed the GDI Power Plant where you could drive through the doors

- Fixed Broken Nod Harverster

- Landscape optimizations (Fixed some crappy spots)

- Replaced Rocket Emplacements with Gun Emplacements

- Fixed WF rollout nodes

- Added AreaObjective Nodes

- Updated Preview Image

- Brick Material less orange

- Added Sun Emitter

WuWtR8l.jpg

• Totem Arts Staff
Any reason the inside walls DO still have it?

Interior takes some more time to do. This is just a temporary version because Beta 5.2 will I think released when I'm on holiday (next week) and I probably can't finish it. I'll try to finish it this week but can't promise anything

But IF it is released this week.....I'll contact the patchers about it (which I did yesterday with V1.4) because I want to make sure it is in game

Oh yeah......Kenz would be proud when he reads this :P

• 4 weeks later...
  • Totem Arts Staff

CNC-Tomb Release V1.5

- Added Communication Center

- Added crates and tankblockers to locations where they originally also were

- Fixed rock where you could walk on and then jump on the ramp near airtower

- Added Sandblend materials to crates, tankblockers, sandbags, cactus, mystery crates (only outside the Tomb)

- Fixed some crappy landscape spots

- Medium Tanks and Light Tanks now appear with a Desert Skin

- Fixed some tankblockers that were 'hiding' in the sand

Map also added to the repo

• 1 month later...
  • Totem Arts Staff

CNC-Uphill Release V1.3

- Added AreaObjective Nodes
- Fixed Tiberium Material of landscape
- Optimized landscape in tunnel. It was quite crappy
- Changed Grass meshes with a better looking grass
- Added Minimap

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2ze9DgoAGKINkQ5ZW5PUTFxODg/view?usp=sharing

• Totem Arts Staff
2 hours ago, Madkill40 said:

You should move onto using the Downloads section of the website, up at the top. Do it. 

By the way, shouldn't you be on V1.6, not V1.3?

-Added to Custom Maps server

Yeah will do that next time

Tomb is on V1.5. Uphill is on V1.3 since yesterday

• 2 months later...
  • Totem Arts Staff

Yooo,

So is been a while since the last update of Tomb. It was not a famous update, because I updated this map like 3 to 4 months ago and still people don't know I released V1.5.

Well it's been a while and I want to say that V1.6 is around the corner! This time no bug fixes because no bugs have been reported anymore so I think the bugs are over, but I still wanted to do some balance and optimization changes to the map.

Changelist:

- Added Auto-Defence to the bases. I did this earlier but people didn't like it but now it is really necesarry! Every match I see GDI getting rekt by early flame rush that can come from multiple ways. I want to prevent this and give GDI a chance to win like in the first releases of the map....

- Added Rocket Emplacement to the back of the bases (Credtis to @j0g32 for the awesome base assets)

- Replaced 'Destroyed' houses in the field with regular rocks because nobody used it at all

- Added Barb Wire to areas where people shouldn't go

- Added bunch of bushes

- Removed BSP left-overs that were causing collision problems near Nod Tiberium Field (I had this during WIP, was never at a release)

- Updated Minimap

Screenshots:

GDI_base_[Tomb].png

Nod_Base_[Tomb].png

T_Minimap_Tomb.png

The release date will probably be this weekend!

So stay tuned people because we're going to Command & Conquer the enemy base soon! :P