windows XP 32bit...

windowsXP

I downloaded the game and tired to play it

I double clicked the shortcut icon and this is what I got:

Renegade X Launcher.exe is not a valid win32 application.

since the launcher didnt work, so I double clicked the UDK.exe in the Win32 folder ("\Renegade X\Binaries\Win32\UDK.exe") and tried to play it.

I saw the intro video then it crashed in a few seconds... :(

I thought it doesnt support XP

then I found this:

System Requirements

Minimum:

Windows XP SP2 or Windows Vista

2.0+ GHz processor

2 GB system RAM

SM3-compatible video card

4 GB free hard drive space

and here is my PC spec.

Operating System: Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 3 (2600.xpsp_sp3_qfe.130503-0418)

System Manufacturer: MSI

System Model: MS-7302

BIOS: Default System BIOS

Processor: AMD Athlon II X2 265 Processor, MMX, 3DNow (2 CPUs), ~3.3GHz

Memory: 3328MB RAM

Page File: 890MB used, 5601MB available

Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS

DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)

DX Setup Parameters: Not found

DxDiag Version: 5.03.2600.5512 32bit Unicode

Card name: AMD Radeon R7 200 Series

Manufacturer: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.

Chip type: AMD Radeon Graphics Processor (0x6819)

DAC type: Internal DAC(400MHz)

Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_6819&SUBSYS_3000148C&REV_00

Display Memory: 2048.0 MB

Current Mode: 1280 x 1024 (32 bit) (75Hz)

Monitor: Monitor Max Res: 1600,1200

Driver Name: ati2dvag.dll

Driver Version: 6.14.0010.7279 (English)

DDI Version: 9 (or higher)

Driver Attributes: Final Retail

Driver Date/Size: 12/23/2013 16:26:22, 306176 bytes

WHQL Logo'd: Yes

WHQL Date Stamp: n/a

VDD: Mini VDD: ati2mtag.sys

Mini VDD Date: 12/23/2013 16:33:54, 6852096 bytes

Device Identifier: {D7B71EE2-2B59-11CF-536B-0A10A1C2CB35}

Vendor ID: 0x1002

Device ID: 0x6819

SubSys ID: 0x3000148C

ok, my hardware and system fit the mini req, but I still cant play the game. :(

then I found a post and edited the boot.ini (winXP 32bit memory problem, oh okay)

boot.ini

\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Professional" /noexecute=optin /fastdetect /usepmtimer /3GB

then I reboot my PC

I double click the UDK.exe in the Win32 folder again

then I got this:

"Your video card does not support alpha blending with floating point render targets (D3DFMT_A16B16G16R16F), which is required to run this game. Exiting..."

:( ..........

if this game dont support XP 32bit system then why dont u just name it?

:( .............

what a game ! :(:(:(

:(

of wasting my time...

if this game dont support XP 32bit system then why dont u just name it?

That seems not related to your problem at all, so why be so agressive about it?

You can try disabling all the stuff in the configuration files and hope for it to start.

"Card name: AMD Radeon R7 200 Series" is not really saying much.

Could be a really low end GPU that won't run this game well anyway or could be an OK GPU.

If you look into the thread with the min. req. specs, you would have found a few people on page 3 with your problem that are also on WinXP:

https://renegade-x.com/forums/viewtopic ... 6&start=30

And if you would have searched even more (efficiently), you would have come up with this:

http://steamcommunity.com/app/265930/di ... /?l=german

and quite a few other threads with the same problem on other games.

• Totem Arts Staff

Game is known to work on Windows XP, so that's probably not the issue. Actually... it gives you the error kind of plain as day. That's not necessarily an XP issue... that's a video card error. And since we use Direct X 9 then that is more than likely card related, as DX9 was an XP (pretty sure) thing. It's when they moved to 10 that Vista was a requirement I believe.

That seems not related to your problem at all, so why be so agressive about it?

You can try disabling all the stuff in the configuration files and hope for it to start.

"Card name: AMD Radeon R7 200 Series" is not really saying much.

Could be a really low end GPU that won't run this game well anyway or could be an OK GPU.

If you look into the thread with the min. req. specs, you would have found a few people on page 3 with your problem that are also on WinXP:

https://renegade-x.com/forums/viewtopic ... 6&start=30

And if you would have searched even more (efficiently), you would have come up with this:

http://steamcommunity.com/app/265930/di ... /?l=german

and quite a few other threads with the same problem on other games.

nowip.jpg.cbbcb1b85784a41f6ba5c7eac5d97f0c.jpgfram4.0.3.JPG[/attachment]

and the latest VGA driver for xp 32 bit system is 9.00.100

http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/desktop?os=Windows%20XP%20-%20Professional/Home&RenderOnServer=true

If I can simply look into a bunch of threads or re-install the driver then solve the problem,

why would I waste my time and post this ???

Mr. Genius :rolleyes:

show.jpg.66a37c93a5870b97835d3fdc3cce8ac9.jpg

fram4.0.3.JPG.2fafea77fe20ebd7fbbf1aed52e30841.JPG

• Totem Arts Staff

Being smug and insulting people generally doesn't make them want to help you... at all. Typing in larger font doesn't help either.

Framework issues should only coincide with the launcher, so you're going to have to use UDK.exe no matter what.

Now in order of what I'd suggest trying first (to last).

A) Check and make sure you have no Adobe programs open (E.G Acrobat, PhotoShop, Flash Studio, etc.). This goes double for any graphics processing window, as even mspaint and Paint.Net can royally screw up UDK games. I've had to completely reinstall RenX once because of a conflict with Paint.NET.

B) Try what this guy is saying

SOLVED!!

After trying to reinstall the drivers using the installation wizard (without succes) I finally managed to fix the problem reinstalling the drivers following these steps:

1- Uninstalled drivers of the current graphic (OS reverted to standard VGA graphic adapter)

2- Downloaded the proper driver for my graphic card (ATI FirePro M7740).

3- Unzipped the file.

4- KEY (disconnected internet and antivirus software)

5- Rebooted in safe mode (pressed F8 at restart)

6- In the Device Manager > right clicked on the Standard VGA graphic adapter > properties

7- Selected Drivers > update driver

8- Selected "browse my computer for driver software"

9- In the next screen selected "have disk"

10- Browsed to the folder where I had unzipped the driver and found the .INF file (located in Packages>Drivers>Display)

11- Selected the correct model from the list and ran instllation.

12- Restarted the machine once more (verifoed in device manager that the correct graphic card is reported)... and that was it, the game was running fine after that.

C) You can navigate to Renegade X\UDKGame\Config and find DefaultSystemSettings.ini and/or UDKSystemSettings.ini.

In one (I would suggest both) of these, find "FloatingPointRenderTargets" and change it to False.

D) Don't be a menace in south central while drinking your juice in the hood.

• Totem Arts Staff

Watch your manners. Not everyone reads the whole forum and it's not an abnormal thing that the solution would be obscured under many other threads that some people might miss.

Also, you could, for example, be like me, having a comp that is not daily updated, and that's a normal thing where I come from because internet is a luxury.

And you could be missing Microsoft.NET framework on its' latest version.... or Microsoft Visual C++ Redist of certain year (note that latest version doesn't matter in this. It asks for certain version, one that might be older. I forgot which, could be 2010, 2011 or maybe 2009 if ot exists)

windialog2.gif

"clicked"

Being smug and insulting people generally doesn't make them want to help you... at all. Typing in larger font doesn't help either.

dont worry, I know that

Framework issues should only coincide with the launcher, so you're going to have to use UDK.exe no matter what.

dont worry, I know that either

Now in order of what I'd suggest trying first (to last).

A) Check and make sure you have no Adobe programs open (E.G Acrobat, PhotoShop, Flash Studio, etc.). This goes double for any graphics processing window, as even mspaint and Paint.Net can royally screw up UDK games. I've had to completely reinstall RenX once because of a conflict with Paint.NET.

I’m pretty sure there were no such things when I was trying to play the game.

B) Try what this guy is saying

That’s what I’ve been trying.

during my research (yes, I've been struggled to make it work ),

I ‘ve already tried that one b4 u and Ap2000 posted it,

I tried many drivers from the very last to the very early version, and guess what?

none of them worked. at least for this game...

C) You can navigate to Renegade X\UDKGame\Config and find DefaultSystemSettings.ini and/or UDKSystemSettings.ini.

In one (I would suggest both) of these, find "FloatingPointRenderTargets" and change it to False.

I didnt see any difference with or without changing the value, coz the game still crashed in a few seconds and showed "UDK built error" ,"wrong signature" or whatever…

Watch your manners. Not everyone reads the whole forum and it's not an abnormal thing that the solution would be obscured under many other threads that some people might miss.

I didnt use any strong words to insult people ,I’m trying to tell them how hard I have tried to play this game, but none of them worked,

so please dont try to get rid of me with something that I have already tried.

Also, you could, for example, be like me, having a comp that is not daily updated, and that's a normal thing where I come from because internet is a luxury.

And you could be missing Microsoft.NET framework on its' latest version.... or Microsoft Visual C++ Redist of certain year (note that latest version doesn't matter in this. It asks for certain version, one that might be older. I forgot which, could be 2010, 2011 or maybe 2009 if ot exists)

Yeah, an outdated OS, you got that right!

so it was my fault to use an operating system which is no longer supported by microsoft

“old and obsolete”

that’s what you mean, right?

and every single user have to know that they need to install a bunch of components then the game can work properly. (I’m not just saying this game)

.NET Framework, Visual C++ Runtime Library, XNA Framework, OpenAL ,.PhysX ....ect

people who made this game, they don’t tell you “what do you need to run this game”,

instead, they ask you to seek out the internet and try to fix your problem on your own.

“oh, your system missed something that is required to run this game, just go and get it”, “what was it? we don’t know it neither, that’s your problem!”

renegade-x news[/color]

if this game don’t support XP anymore, then why the heck in the Minimum System Requirement says it support windows XP SP2 ???

oh…. I feel sorry…… I feel sorry for your mother….

and I couldn’t believe that these words came from a Mod. and a Dev.

you two should be ashamed of yourselves.

I'm done with this game...

runtime.JPG.8ff76197d9c8fb39f7470a943db04382.JPG

• Totem Arts Staff
windialog2.gif

"clicked"

Yeah, an outdated OS, you got that right!

so it was my fault to use an operating system which is no longer supported by microsoft

“old and obsolete”

that’s what you mean, right?

I'm done with this game...

I don't think anyone will miss you. Windows 7 support was dropped. No one cares, lol. Go "get" windows 7 or something.

Sorry to inform you, 5 dollar toasters don't run RenX.

• Totem Arts Staff
yosh56 wrote:

dont worry, I know that

yosh56 wrote:

oh…. I feel sorry…… I feel sorry for your mother….

and I couldn’t believe that these words came from a Mod. and a Dev.

I am very sorry you don't have a sense of humor. My apologies: didn't know! :o

I'm usually the one that tries not to be a dick. If you notice on the tech support forums I'm the understanding one throughout most situations, no matter how bad the English, or if the one asking is outright computer illiterate.

But you... just... go, please. Multiple people have gotten it to work fine under Windows XP, therefore it WORKS under WinXP and isn't getting taken off of the system requirements. The only thing that DOESN'T work on Win XP is the launcher: the game itself will run fine. You literally stopped stopped giving us any insight into your issues and just started fighting with everyone. I would have asked for logs at least... but you know what? Just Go.

I'm also 90% sure he wasn't talking down to you in any way with this post. Hell, I don't think half of it was even directed towards you.

Not sure if that guy was serious in getting help or is still even viewing this thread, but it still probably wasn't XP. I don't have a computer handy with XP to test, but you need to meet the requirements of UDK, which is whatever version of DX it has, which means you need fairly new drivers. If your computer is XP, but your last graphics drivers are also from XP, then you won't be able to run it. If you have new drivers, on old XP, it will run.

Can this game run in wine as well? I hear Unreal games can run in wine, in which case I would also suggest just use Linux, Linux isn't the easiest to use but surpassed XP when XP was still supported as far as driver support. People will make free support drivers, better than the manufacturer and Microsoft will, is the sad part. Guess it is because Microsoft can't price gouge you for the drivers so they want nothing to do with it.

• Totem Arts Staff

Yeah, either he's sensitive or he's just baiting. Personally I don't mind the OS, but rather the thing that I usually do : Turn off Windows Update.

Usually the UDK has the UE3Redist.exe that will install the third-party softwares needed for UE3 games. You might want to include it to next installment and patch, Yosh

Binaries/Redist/