Renegade X won't work on Windows 10

WarpSpeed

Doesn't have anything to do with windows 10 . I have win10 and it's working fine .I'm still playing original ren which is 13 years old now on win10 .

I remember it did that if you didn't have steam online , but that was during closed beta , not sure if it's still the case... Is there a specific part where it always crashes ? like for example during the udk logo animation . Also what are your system specs ?

Doesn't have anything to do with windows 10 . I have win10 and it's working fine .I'm still playing original ren which is 13 years old now on win10 .

I remember it did that if you didn't have steam online , but that was during closed beta , not sure if it's still the case... Is there a specific part where it always crashes ? like for example during the udk logo animation . Also what are your system specs ?

There are two different times it crashes: When the game launches up, and to where your waiting for the UDK logo aka just a black screen it then crashes a few seconds later. It also gives me the little window when its launching saying: open beta 5, and then it says it is not responding and then soon crashes. Also, it now is telling me to update my Beta 5 to beta 5. Is that supposed to happen?

Oh Windows 10, I could tell stories about it...

If you want to stick to that cra masterpiece make sure you updated your DirectX, have the proper Visual C++ redistributeable packages installed and maybe the .NET framework. Maybe disable UAC but that's just removes one layer of annoyance. I used to check if I had internet connection with the launcher. If it crashed without starting that meant that I was disconnected. Following that logic check the Windows Defender it might block the connection.

If you want to stick to that cra masterpiece make sure you updated your DirectX, have the proper Visual C++ redistributeable packages installed and maybe the .NET framework. Maybe disable UAC but that's just removes one layer of annoyance. I used to check if I had internet connection with the launcher. If it crashed without starting that meant that I was disconnected. Following that logic check the Windows Defender it might block the connection.

Or you could, you know, just run it like normal because RenX runs perfectly out of the box on Windows 10.

Telling everyone to turn off UAC and Windows defender is a recipe for disaster and failure.....

Or you could, you know, just run it like normal because RenX runs perfectly out of the box on Windows 10.

Telling everyone to turn off UAC and Windows defender is a recipe for disaster and failure.....

You read that WarpSpeed? Don't know why did I try to help you with solutions that helped me before, when you just simply need to run it like normal... :D

Funny, I left UAC disabled in Windows 7 for 3 years and I had no disaster. The only disaster that took down that system was W10. And B0ng please read again my sentence about Windows Defender.

• 3 years later...