Renegade X - Pre-Release Update!

[NE]Fobby[GEN]

• Totem Arts Staff

renxprereleaseheader.png

We\'ve got an exciting update for you guys!

List of Update Items:

1. Release date information available!

2. Nod Obelisk

3. GDI Advanced Guard Tower

4. Refinery

5. Chaingun

6. Nuclear Strike Beacon

7. Gunner

8. Purchase Terminal System Layout

9. Nod Buggy

10. GDI Weapons Factory

11. Nuclear Missile

The first Renegade X beta will be released September 30th 2009!

That\'s right! Renegade X is coming soon to a computer near you. The Renegade X open beta will begin on September 30th of this year! We, Totem Arts, have been working hard on getting this mod to its followers for the past couple years, and the time is finally drawing near. As of now, all of our first release content has been finished, and the team is going forward with polishing this project.

And let me tell you, it plays beautifully. Earlier today our team, testers and VIPs got together to play a game of Renegade X\'s current build. The testers were astonished, as the mod runs smoothly and almost perfectly, with intense gameplay and action. There are still a series of glitches that need to be fixed, features to be adjusted and assets that must be looked over within the next month, but we believe the mod has reached the point in which our fans must playtest and give appropriate feedback.

The beta will feature all of the following:

Teams:

The Global Defense Initiative: A globalized and multinational military task force, colloquially known and referred to as GDI, the Global Defense Initiative originated from a secret military alliance between the most industrialized and advanced countries under the United Nations umbrella.

The Brotherhood of Nod: An ancient and secret society that allegedly predates most of civilization\'s recorded history, the Brotherhood of Nod represents a globalized as well as a futuristic cult, and a network of militant cells worldwide.

Buildings:

GDI Advanced Guard Tower: The main GDI defense tower, armed with four machine guns and Tomahawk missiles

GDI Barracks: This allows you to purchase higher classes of infantry

GDI Weapons Factory: This allows you to purchase vehicles

GDI Refinery: This structure sends out an automated Harvester to collect Tiberium resources and return to refine it into usable credits for the team.

Nod Obelisk: The main Nod defense tower, armed with a powerful laser

Nod Turrets: A turret fires tank shells at enemies within range

Hand of Nod: This allows you to purchase higher classes of infantry

Nod Airstrip: This allows you to purchase vehicles

Nod Refinery: This structure sends out an automated Harvester to collect Tiberium resources and return to refine it into usable credits for the team.

-Powerplant coming soon!

Vehicles:

GDI Humvee: GDI\'s basic scout vehicle, armed with a heavy machine gun.

GDI APC: An Armoured Personnel Carrier with room for five passengers and a heavy machine gun.

GDI MRLS: A Mobile Rocket Launcher System that can provide long ranged firepower.

GDI Medium Tank: An M1A1 Medium Tank with a large anti-tank cannon and heavy armour

GDI Mammoth Tank: A massive tank with dual cannons and dual tusk-missile launchers

Nod Buggy: The Brotherhood\'s basic scout vehicle, armed with a heavy machine gun.

Nod APC: An Armoured Personnel Carrier with room for five passengers and a heavy machine gun.

Nod Artillery: A long-ranged G6 Howitzer capable of providing heavy artillery.

Nod Flame Tank: A dual-barreled flame vehicle.

Nod Light Tank: Nod\'s basic combat tank, both fast and effective

Nod Stealth Tank: A stealthed vehicle armed with dual short-ranged homing missiles per clip

-Orca, Apache, Chinook helicopter, and more coming soon!

Infantry:

All of the following are armed with a pistol and at least one timed C4.

GDI Soldier: Basic rifle infantry.

GDI Shotgunner: Basic infantry armed with a shotgun.

GDI Grenadier: Basic infantry armed with an automatic grenade launcher.

GDI Engineer: Armed with a repair gun and remote explosives.

GDI Officer: Special character armed with a heavy chaingun

GDI Sniper: Special character armed with a sniper rifle

GDI Gunner: Dead 6 Commando armed with a heavy rocket launcher

GDI Personal Ion Cannon Havoc (temporary): Havoc the Commando is back, but with this build he will be carrying the PIC until our Sydney is done

GDI Hotwire: Special engineer unit armed with an additional timed C4, proximity mines, and an advanced repair gun

Nod Soldier: Basic rifle infantry

Nod Shotgunner: Basic infantry armed with a shotgun.

Nod Flamethrower: Basic infantry armed with a flamethrower

Nod Engineer: Armed with a repair gun and remote explosives.

Nod Officer: Special character armed with a heavy chaingun

Nod Black Hand Sniper: Special character armed with a sniper rifle

Nod Stealth Black Hand: A stealth trooper armed with a laser-rifle

Nod Railgun (Sakura, temporary): Sakura is back, but with this build she will be carrying the Railgun

Nod Technician: Special engineer unit armed with an additional timed C4, proximity mines, and an advanced repair gun

10 more infantry coming soon!

Superweapons:

Ion Cannon beacon: A giant beam shot by a space-based satellite at a selected target.

Nuclear Strike beacon: A tactical nuclear blast at a selected target.

Maps:

Islands: A beautiful group of islands linked by land bridges on a clear-blue-skied setting, with no automated defenses.

Field: A dark grassland setting with a waterfall, river and a barn, with a large field for action

Many more maps coming soon!

And of course, this being our first beta release, it will be a very early version of Renegade X, and will in no way, shape, or form, represent the full release. The mod will be released in three main stages.

1. Less content than C&C Renegade. First couple releases won\'t have all the units or maps, but will have the basic C&C mode with all ground vehicles and most infantry. They\'ll be updated with patches as more gets done.

2. As much content as C&C Renegade. The same vehicles, infantry, and maps as the original games, with some original ideas and levels, features, and the general Renegade X experience.

3. More content. Includes more games modes (C&C/CTF hybrid, objective-based mode, World Domination), more server side options and features, options to allow more beacons and/or vehicles, additional features and much more.

On September 30th, I will be rereleasing this build\'s information as well as providing a \"to be added later\" list. This version won\'t have very much on the custom server-side options front, but we do plan on adding many more features, game modes, vehicles, and a plethora of server side options in later releases. Just be patient as you always have been, and the patches and betas will get to you.

Nod Obelisk:

The main Nod defense tower, armed with a powerful laser.

Obelisk_Of_Light.jpg

Advanced Guard Tower:

The main GDI defense tower, armed with four machine guns and Tomahawk missiles.

RenX_PreRelease_AGT.jpg

Refinery:

This structure sends out an automated Harvester to collect Tiberium resources and return to refine it into usable credits for the team. It also provides 2 credits per second to each player when operational.

RenX_PreRelease_Ref.jpg

Chaingun:

The chaingun is a 500-clip weapon carried by the Nod and GDI Officers.

chaingun.png

Nuclear Strike Beacon:

A tactical nuclear blast at a selected target. Simply deploy a beacon and watch the fireworks.

nukenew2.jpg

Gunner

As a member of the Dead 6, Gunner has seen a fair bit of action in his life. Carrying a rocket launcher which is both anti-vehicle and anti-infantry, this Gunner can kick serious ass!

The Gunner image will be available very soon!

Purchase Terminal Layout

One of the core pieces of C&C mode is the purchase terminal, where you can purchase characters, vehicles, and superweapons. Below is the new and improved PT layouts for GDI and Nod:

2mney4k.jpg

qn37gn.jpg

Nod Buggy

The Nod Buggy is the Brotherhood\'s basic two passenger scouting unit. Armed with a machine gun, it can run down enemy infantry and provide quick attacks on the enemy base.

RenX_PreRelease_Buggy.jpg

GDI Weapons Factory

The GDI Weapons Factory provides a GDI player the ability to purchase five different vehicles as long as it is operational.

RenX_PreRelease_WF.jpg

Nuclear Missile

Probably the most important missile in the mod, the Nuclear Missile is a tactical weapon with the capability of wiping out an entire structure with just one.

http://ric3d.com/ren07/nuke03.jpg

In conclusion...

You can look forward to seeing more updates, podcasts, events, and possibly interviews as the exciting month of September progresses.

The release date has been locked in. If you do not have UT3 yet, get it before your time runs out. We hope you\'re ready.

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*Cries blood* This is so awesome!!1111

September 30?! man school ain't gonna be so bad after all! :lol:

can't wait !

Hmm... only complaint i could think off is that the WF nano-assembly bay looks...plain...like nothing there constructed the vehicles , other than that nice job :)

btw , i wish to be the first to congratulate you on the most awesome PT UI i have seen so far in my life.

QUOTE (Dehumanization @ Aug 30 2009, 01:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have to wait another month! UGHH! This is going to be a miserable 31 days. :( I wanna play it now!!! It is so neatos!

So why didn't you make the windows on the buggy transparent?[/b]

QUOTE (An4x1madr0s @ Aug 30 2009, 01:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
One month is better than not knowing a date AT ALL , so bear with us ;) [/b]

I agree.

It's better knowing that not knowing. Be happy, and check out the crap they did for us today! You guys are truly amazing. Hurry and spread the word to the other communities. You know they are just dying to hear! Applest0rm's first response was this: 0.o

Check this out:

Originally posted by Goobers;72884

there is no doubt st0rm will be hosting RenegadeX, as will most other community's that currently host renegade

finnaly ppl will have something more exiting to skin for instead of regular renegade

That's from the st0rm-gaming community.

NICE! I've been waiting this long time, I mean when they released Renguard I was hoping there would be an actually big update to the whole game and now something like that is true! It's almost like saying 'I wish I had a beer right now' and then out of blue a beer appears in your hand.

And about waiting one month = lol like nothing. When you actually have release date you can plan things out and be ready for the battle and I bet this isn't one of those reborn's release date, ha

QUOTE (AsgarothXc @ Aug 30 2009, 07:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Check this out:

there is no doubt st0rm will be hosting RenegadeX, as will most other community's that currently host renegade

finnaly ppl will have something more exiting to skin for instead of regular renegade[/b]

That's from the st0rm-gaming community.[/b]

They are going to be disappointed as they can't exactly create "skins" for Renegade X/UT3

I have a question about the PT/free units. Are the free infantry going to get their own characters sometime down the road or will they all just be the basic soldier with a different weapon?

• Totem Arts Staff

In terms of characters they are lower in priority as we have a lot of characters that need to be made and so few character artists. If we get to them, yes, there will be an individual character all of the free infantry. If not, then they will remain the basic soldier with 3 different weapons.

It'd be nice if the free characters (with exception to the flamethrower guy) were variants of the regular soldier, but with slight differentiations (i.e. differently colored armbands, helmet markings, external gear).

For example, the shotgun soldier could be the same as the regular soldier but with a special shoulder insignia, armband, and flak jacket. Just imo, though.

• Totem Arts Staff
QUOTE (Combine 108 @ Aug 30 2009, 03:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It'd be nice if the free characters (with exception to the flamethrower guy) were variants of the regular soldier, but with slight differentiations (i.e. differently colored armbands, helmet markings, external gear).

For example, the shotgun soldier could be the same as the regular soldier but with a special shoulder insignia, armband, and flak jacket. Just imo, though.[/b]

That's the current idea for it. We've already got an edited Officer for the GDI Sniper (blue shirt and hat, backwards hat, orange pants) and it looks great for an adjustment.

Glad to hear you've planed to make the in-progress units differentiable to some degree.

Also, I didn't want to put it in my page 1 reply, but the perfectionist in me won't let this go...

In both the GDI and Nod PTs, "COMMUNICATION ACCESS AQUIRED" -- should be "ACQUIRED"; and in the Nod PT, it says Grenadier instead of Flame Trooper. Apart from that, the new PTs are awesome.

Someone said something about fans skinning for rene-x. But as the developers keep telling, they won't allow people to add their own skins.

As the mod will be in development for sometime, would you consider having a space open where people can post their (completed) skins? That would allow you to do the choosing of what skins would be added and which not. Just a thought.

It all looks great. Just the obelisk looks a bit more cartooney and less grimy then everything else (apart from the crystal and it's laser, which were just AWESOME).

I would love to see some comparison video's between old renegade and the new once it's completely finished :) . If people don't change then, I don't know what does.

Yours sincerely,

Demigan.

I was wondering could we have a little 1-2 hour game of old Renegade before anybody gets chance to try out the new one. It would be nice way to make the transition even though I know it's 'only' beta. Everybody would be so excited if you could play Ren X just after the game.

Just an idea :P

This is one of the sexiest things I've ever seen...

I was like "hurray, and update.... hurray, release date... look at that.... :o "

Obelisk_Of_Light.jpg

That... is just sexy. I know it sounds really wrong, a guy saying that about an 12 meters tall... shooting big red lasers, but it still looks sexy.

RenX_PreRelease_AGT.jpg

It looks weird, but looking at it once more, its easy to get accustomed by its sight. Something you don’t want to see when you're NOD, it is definitely looking more dangerous.

RenX_PreRelease_Ref.jpg

Just look at it. An automated factory that is processing a dangerous green crystal in a (presumably) green goo and doing some mysterious stuff with it. Yes is what every boy wants for his birthday.

chaingun.png

I see a lot of details that dont matter in this machinegun. Text and stuff... and for people that dont realise it, that is what makes a game worth playing, and this machinegun worth handling. It gets an A++ for being a real machinegun.

2mney4k.jpg

Oh yea looking good! Much nicer than the old one! Though it disturbs me that it says beacons... spam fest anyone? ;)

The vision of what you are going to buy is good. Machinegun is looking more powerfull, shotgun is a real shotgun, grenadelauncher is refreshingly cool. Refill is a bit less inspiring (just saying) and the vehicles, though the idea is really good, it leaves too much open space for being intresting enough. Maybe put some helicopters there later? Still looks cool though.

qn37gn.jpg

Oh yeah. The NOD variant of the buying screen! Flamethrower looks really cool, though it might be a bit of an argument in the team wheter to call it a flamethrower or a grenadelauncher. Oh well, I'll not bitch about it. The vehicles look great! and the beacon(s)... yeah its cool.

Yeah, the buggy and the WF are really Ren-X style. Nice work guys!

Nuke is just a badass missile of doom!

oh one more thing. The list doesnt say anything about harversters. They wont be in the Beta by the looks of it. correcto?

-Ban4life

QUOTE (Combine 108 @ Aug 30 2009, 09:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

For example, the shotgun soldier could be the same as the regular soldier but with a special shoulder insignia, armband, and flak jacket. Just imo, though.[/b]

This gave me another idea. I think its in Halo3 (not sure?)
Make that everyone can customise some stuff on his own units. A few places that they are allowed to put a tatoo, a sticker on their helmet or a text. Something that people know, when they see my "zero tolerance" painted in red on my helmet, that they are in trouble, because you can only see that when you are up close to my shotgun trooper.
Somethings could include:
-helmet on/off
-A band with a text/picture on their arm
-text on the suit on fixed places
-camouflage on the face or not
-you get the idea
Is this something to be discussed here, or in another post, or is the idea shot down before it even get's a chance?
-Ban4life

QUOTE (Ban4life @ Aug 30 2009, 09:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Make that everyone can customise some stuff on his own units. A few places that they are allowed to put a tatoo, a sticker on their helmet or a text. Something that people know, when they see my "zero tolerance" painted in red on my helmet, that they are in trouble, because you can only see that when you are up close to my shotgun trooper.
-helmet on/off
-you get the idea
Is this something to be discussed here, or in another post, or is the idea shot down before it even get's a chance?
-Ban4life[/b]

Eh hem... please open up your ut3 and play it :P.... they probably wont do it for ren x

QUOTE (Spycon @ Aug 30 2009, 04:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Eh hem... please open up your ut3 and play it :P.... they probably wont do it for ren x[/b]

I still think it is worth a thought :)
I mean, you can alter it in UT3 (head, shoulders, legs etc) so why not put in a little individual touch? It can be 3 kinds of trousers, 2 kinds of helmets and some stuff like it for each character and saved (on your own computer) for in game.
You could even link the achievement system to it and put generals stars on the shoulders for example.
It is only an idea for the third stage. And hell, they want world domination too, this doesnt sound as big as that :)
-Ban4life

QUOTE (Spycon @ Aug 30 2009, 07:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (Ban4life @ Aug 30 2009, 07:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

-helmet on/off
-you get the idea
-Ban4life[/b]
Eh hem... please open up your ut3 and play it :P.... they probably wont do it for ren x[/b]
QUOTE (Ban4life @ Aug 30 2009, 07:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I still think it is worth a thought :)
I mean, you can alter it in UT3 (head, shoulders, legs etc) so why not put in a little individual touch? It can be 3 kinds of trousers, 2 kinds of helmets and some stuff like it for each character and saved (on your own computer) for in game.
You could even link the achievement system to it and put generals stars on the shoulders for example.
It is only an idea for the third stage. And hell, they want world domination too, this doesnt sound as big as that :)
-Ban4life[/b]

QUOTE (AsgarothXc @ Aug 30 2009, 08:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Aww nuts I didn't know that you couldn't skin anything for the Renegade X mod. It would seem that you could; why can't you?

Regardless of this fact I still love the originals that you guys came up with.[/b]

These questions have already been addressed. Refer to this post and Havoc89's immediate reply.

• Totem Arts Staff

Somebody asked about Harvesters, yes they will be in the beta.

Skinning is a no no. For one, you can't have a client-side-only skin in UT3. Secondly, we don't want you to have any, in order to prevent advantage skins.

What we do allow is mutators for our mod, where you can add things like skins, and actually do just about anything you want, but the server must run them and people will be downloading the mutator when joining the server. That way everyone joining that mutated server will have the same content.