Renegade X - Pre-Release Update!

[NE]Fobby[GEN]

In UT3, they allow you to pick and chose a modified player variatent with player chosen additions to their character. It's not a skin, but a freely accessible feature applied to the characters in the game. (Like you can swap out your helmet style, your armor style, your shoulder armor style, ect).

I think he is asking if something similar will be possible with Renegade X somewhere down the line, not if they can create custom textures/skins for the mod or not.

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (R315r4z0r @ Aug 30 2009, 10:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
In UT3, they allow you to pick and chose a modified player variatent with player chosen additions to their character. It's not a skin, but a freely accessible feature applied to the characters in the game. (Like you can swap out your helmet style, your armor style, your shoulder armor style, ect).

I think he is asking if something similar will be possible with Renegade X somewhere down the line, not if they can create custom textures/skins for the mod or not.[/b]

Read my above post

Yeah, but you could do that in UT3 because your unit never changed. If REN-X, how will it transition to when you buy a new unit/character? Seems like a lot more work (and data) to do that. Just my opinion.

Yeah i'm glad that i know when the beta is coming out, but now it is like christmas eve for 30 days. :P Whats why i whined. :lol:

QUOTE ((NE)Fobby(GEN) @ Aug 30 2009, 01:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Somebody asked about Harvesters, yes they will be in the beta.

Skinning is a no no. For one, you can't have a client-side-only skin in UT3. Secondly, we don't want you to have any, in order to prevent advantage skins.

What we do allow is mutators for our mod, where you can add things like skins, and actually do just about anything you want, but the server must run them and people will be downloading the mutator when joining the server. That way everyone joining that mutated server will have the same content.[/b]

That's awesome. It still gives the server host the ability to add mutators if they wish, and no more advantage skins!!! Gotta love this feature; most definitely!

Was playing UT3 today (remembered why i hated it, the my teammate AI is dumb) and i wish they'd let us use the GDI and NOD soldier models to play the plain old UT3. :lol: Run to get the flag screaming "FOR NOD!" then get killed and the blue team take the flag because i my team mates have no plans and don't do really what i want them to do.

QUOTE (EaZiE @ Aug 31 2009, 01:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
1) I love the ren x team
2) 30th september eh, ren x 2v2 any1????
3) WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT!!!!!!!1

As you can see I'm a little hyper.[/b]

2vs2??? well i always hated this ... i still dont understand why ppl still want to play 2vs2 in a game who was created to be played with 2 big team. at least 10 per side is perfect

I don't want to take the fun out this post because, obviously, it's really great that you're able to bring out a beta soon, but I have a question about the Nod Buggy. Now several months ago I did an application where I chose to do start building this vehicle in order to get on the team. I was rejected, but I gave you the images/scene file and, while I will admit there are some differences, it looks very similar...

What I'm asking is whether you used my material and simply edited bits? The reason for this is, while someone else has completed the model, I still need to be credited if you've used part of my mesh.

Absolutely stunning guys. Graphics alone have far exceeded my expectations. The fact that you all have worked for so long on this FREE mod just blows my mind. I really hope this thing gets the recognition it deserves. I always thought if renegade worked properly and was on a better engine it would have been one of the greatest multiplayer games of all time. I don't see how anyone could not love this game now that you guys have gotten your hands on the concept.

I just wanted to add that while you can't please everyone, I think you have made some excellent decisions on what to integrate and what to leave out. Gonna be a long month now.

Oh and in case you just scan over this post, the point I wanted to make was...

THANK YOU! GREAT JOB!

QUOTE (havoc9826 @ Aug 30 2009, 06:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Eh hem... please open up your ut3 and play it :P.... they probably wont do it for ren x

These questions have already been addressed. Refer to this post and Havoc89's immediate reply.[/b]

I think you misunderstand me. The team would make the skins/alterations. The alterations are small and only regard your own character. As you might know you can alter a few different aspects of your character in UT3 like this:
sakuracustomization.th.jpg
(lacking another picture, this is a joke one, but the message is clear)

So, the discussion is as follows: at the third stage, if there is enough time and the team wants to create it, is there a possibility that they would create options to make your character slightly different then the others.

so no "stupid sponge bob square fucking pants C4s that can be seen a mile away. No shiny stealth skin to get an advantage. No glowing firey projectiles. No bright coloured character skins to be able to see from far." No customized skins, only alterations made by the team. Having a character that has or doesnt have a helmet is hardly an advantage in my eyes, but does add a little something.

R315r4z0r has got the idea:

I think he is asking if something similar will be possible with Renegade X somewhere down the line, not if they can create custom textures/skins for the mod or not.[/b]

My post isnt discussed in the post you are referring to Havoc9826, so I still want an answer.

Ban4life

ps. The Gunner looks good

NO no char customization , this is due to the way the Mod and game work , besides if you have a custom model/skin (ANY kind) there is a chance for a dimensional rip that will allow that man to come to the Tiberian Universe to conquer Earth with an army of clones !

This is the man in question : ut3demo-2007-10-13-12-45-05-66.jpg

First, off topic, I'd like to say how much I hate IPB's stupid inability to allow us to make nested quotes without a ton of wasted time and effort.

QUOTE (Ban4life @ Sep 2 2009, 09:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
R315r4z0r has got the idea:

QUOTE (R315r4z0r @ Aug 30 2009, 10:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

My post isnt discussed in the post you are referring to Havoc9826, so I still want an answer.

Ban4life

ps. The Gunner looks good[/b]

If you look at the post that RESPONDS TO the one where I posted the joke picture of the Sakura customization (NOT the one that prompted my creation of the picture), Havoc89 says this:

QUOTE (Havoc89 @ Jun 13 2009, 01:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Lol, if only there was such an option.

That screen will not even be present in the mod as there is no use for it.[/b]

So either I'm really misunderstanding you, or you misread the instructions in my post. Unless you're asking for them to re-make the models from scratch with some minor detail changes and use them as different models selectable in the arrow-in-corner-of-pt-icon thing, this was your answer.

QUOTE (An4x1madr0s @ Sep 3 2009, 09:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Oh man... Renegade X and AFF planetstorm ... this is gonna be the best year EVER !!11 :lol:

oh one little question... can we blow someone's limbs off? (C&C 95 :P)[/b]

So I was trying out the 'August build' of Renegade X.

It seems very stable and polished. What changes will there be between the beta on Sept. 30 and the August release?

• Totem Arts Staff

I've cleaned up this thread a little bit from some off topic posts:

Concerning the difference between the current build and the Sept 30 build is that the Sept 30 build will be polished. We'll try to knock out as many bugs as possible this month, fix some animations, and things of that nature.