Renegade X - Pre-Release Update!

[NE]Fobby[GEN]

• Totem Arts Staff
QUOTE (punko24 @ Sep 21 2009, 08:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
well i know u worked hard and all but its like xmas and well my ears anr smokin, ima shakein, im droulin lol but if ur working on stuff that needs to be done for 9 days then ok lol

I cant express how to thank u guys :( [/b]

It's not Christmas :unsure:

It's September 21st, and the open beta begins September 30th.

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE ((NE)Fobby(GEN) @ Sep 22 2009, 03:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You mean crates? Yeah they will be included. I think we're having only money crates in the first release, and then adding the other random crates in a later release.[/b]

I haven't played the game in ages, but I don't remember there being crates? Was that boxes you destoyed to gain credits and ammo?

QUOTE (BLaZor @ Sep 22 2009, 08:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I haven't played the game in ages, but I don't remember there being crates? Was that boxes you destoyed to gain credits and ammo?[/b]

It's the small yellow boxes (black stripes on the lid I think) that turned around in mid-air. They were so useless in the game as it only gave you either money or refilled your ammo, that practically no-one knew what they were for or where they were. Only when money was an issue people tried to find a crate.

So on most servers they now have incredibly big gray boxes which give a shitload of various things, example:

Random weapon crate: you'll receive a random weapon, from sniper, flamethrower to railgun it's all possible.
Beacon crate: you'll get the beacon of your team in your inventory, no extra charge. Unlike in the first crate editions it doesn't go off in 10 seconds :)
Money crate: get a random amount of money up to 1500 I believe. I usually get a ton of money on maps I don't need it and then 8 credits on maps that you do :)
Death crate: sucks to be you, your dead. If you are in a vehicle, your vehicle is dead
Nuke crate: big badaboom a nuke explosion where you stand, killing friend and foe alike.
Random character crate: gives you a random character, usually from your own team, basic infantry excluded.
Spy crate: the crate everyone hopes to get, you'll get a SBH trooper but with the added ability that the base defences don't fire at you untill you specifically have destroyed a building. There's lots of paranoid tactics (justified paranoia, but paranoia all the same) to keep one of those out.
Vehicle crate: damn handy at the beginning of a game, you'll get a random GDI or Nod vehicle, this vehicle doesn't count to the limit and it's so usefull to have a flame tank checking for SBH in islands :)

Yours sincerely,
Demigan.

You guys are the BEST. Me and my friends used to play Renegade to death and it's one of the most overlooked gems of gaming history. I'm really blown away by what you guys have accomplished. Renegade's worst issues were in the network code, but with the UT3 engine I guess that's history. Plus, your level design looks amazing!

Nice job RX team, I hope you climb the ladder to the tops of the industry through this project. Can't wait till it comes out.

--thgc

You think developers will look at renegade x and stop making bad BF clones that for some reason never ever get campaigns? Nah likely not...

Seriously though they could change renegade gameplay and dumb it down if they had to, it would still kick *ss.

Man only 7 days now.

QUOTE (Demigan @ Sep 22 2009, 09:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's the small yellow boxes (black stripes on the lid I think) that turned around in mid-air. They were so useless in the game as it only gave you either money or refilled your ammo, that practically no-one knew what they were for or where they were. Only when money was an issue people tried to find a crate.

So on most servers they now have incredibly big gray boxes which give a shitload of various things, example:

Random weapon crate: you'll receive a random weapon, from sniper, flamethrower to railgun it's all possible.
Beacon crate: you'll get the beacon of your team in your inventory, no extra charge. Unlike in the first crate editions it doesn't go off in 10 seconds :)
Money crate: get a random amount of money up to 1500 I believe. I usually get a ton of money on maps I don't need it and then 8 credits on maps that you do :)
Death crate: sucks to be you, your dead. If you are in a vehicle, your vehicle is dead
Nuke crate: big badaboom a nuke explosion where you stand, killing friend and foe alike.
Random character crate: gives you a random character, usually from your own team, basic infantry excluded.
Spy crate: the crate everyone hopes to get, you'll get a SBH trooper but with the added ability that the base defences don't fire at you untill you specifically have destroyed a building. There's lots of paranoid tactics (justified paranoia, but paranoia all the same) to keep one of those out.
Vehicle crate: damn handy at the beginning of a game, you'll get a random GDI or Nod vehicle, this vehicle doesn't count to the limit and it's so usefull to have a flame tank checking for SBH in islands :)

Yours sincerely,
Demigan.[/b]

Awesome! Thanks for your indepth reply mate! :D

I never played on servers that had those types of crates. The only way I knew how to get credits was by either; waiting for the harvester to return to base or keep on attacking the opposition.

Also, you said release date is the 30th. What about the time difference? I'm about 5 hours ahead of the US as I live in the UK. Is it the 30th local time?

• Totem Arts Staff
QUOTE (Realpra @ Sep 25 2009, 06:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hmm didnt you say there would be further updates during september?

Oh well its only 4 days now so who cares although I have been refreshing this quite a lot :) [/b]

Yup there will be an update between now and the release ;)

QUOTE (Sn1p3r87 @ Sep 25 2009, 09:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The one thing ive hated about UT3 Engine that is doesnt support Any AA But looking at those screenshots it looks like you have it enabled.. Anyway the mod looks great!

Ive had UT3 on my PC for years for this mod... Yah! Renegade X ftw![/b]

You can Force AA on Ut3 for some time now! :D

http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1245051

http://www.hardforum.com/showpost.php?p=10...p;postcount=10#

I noticed how jagged and edgy the HD trailer was, hopefully this fix will sort out those issues! I can't wait to Play Ren X with smooth and detailed textures! :D