Renegade X - Pre-Release Update!

[NE]Fobby[GEN]

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After reading all the release information, i understand why Under won't be released yet as well as Hourglass and other maps we've seen that were "finished". They all have Power Plants. And since this beta won't contain PP's yet, there's no way you could host an Under or Hourglass game without having such structures cause they are many times vital to winning the game. Very excited for this release guys :) Great birthday present too, this is within two weeks of my birthday haha :lol:

Woo! :D

Well sorry for being curious. :P Was asking because i want to see how it would work and if they just plopped a flag in the maps people are just going to wait until the base is destoryed before people go for the flag. And i have ideas how it could work >.>...so if the developers want to hear me about my ideas on how it should work and settings they just need to hit me a PM.

This is just Non plain f*****g ausome xD

when i get the beta (10 says after my birthday) my b-day is sept 20 (its like a B-Day gift xD)

oh ya and i was born when C&C was xD (year)

First. Start Playing

Second. Start a Clan xD or a division...

Third. Keep Enjoin and HOPEFULLY "Boink"n Ppl (sounds wrong >.>)

Right now :( i got a small GFX card and i can only play at 20FPS on 800x600 high BUT on my B-Day im getting a Nvidia 9500 1GB with 16x AA xD so i will be all ready xD Perfect Timing :D

QUOTE (punko24 @ Sep 5 2009, 03:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This is just Non plain f*****g ausome xD

when i get the beta (10 says after my birthday) my b-day is sept 20 (its like a B-Day gift xD)
oh ya and i was born when C&C was xD (year)

First. Start Playing

Second. Start a Clan xD or a division...

Third. Keep Enjoin and HOPEFULLY "Boink"n Ppl (sounds wrong >.>)

Right now :( i got a small GFX card and i can only play at 20FPS on 800x600 high BUT on my B-Day im getting a Nvidia 9500 1GB with 16x AA xD so i will be all ready xD Perfect Timing :D [/b]

well, i have to say, aim a lil higer than a 9500 ... a 9600gso will outperform the 9500GT 512mb .. dont waste money on a 1GB version ... it cant manage to use the full 512mb .. imagine the 1GB. but .. if you want decent graphic at higher resolution, get at least a 9600GT ot a 8800GT 512mb (dont touch the 256mb version) or a 9800Gt .. same as 8800GT, only a new name ... the 9600gso is the same price as 9500GT .. and if you put 15-20 more $$, ,you can have a powerfull card, really better than the 9500GT ...

@ 800*600 its more you cpu who work, not the gfx card. myself i play on a 9800M GS (laptop) , it can run UT3 at full @ around 40fps at 1366*768 (max resolution of my laptop), Ren-x is a lil more demanding. and when you comapre the 9800M GS with a desktop gpu, its the same as the 9600GT 512mb

ps : 16x AA .. well even with my GTX260 maxcore OCX and my Q6600 OC 3.2Ghz, game are unplayable, i dont want to burst your bubble .. but lol

Oh yeah. Before I forget.

Dear Renegade-X team.

When you release the first version of this mod, you will for sure get all kinds of complains about the game, balance, bugs and whatnot. So don't get offended by that shit and don't stop developing this mod. ;)

Just to warn and note you about the shit storms which may be heading towards you. =P

(But I hope everything will go just fine with this mod. :) )

• Totem Arts Staff
QUOTE (Mr. Weedy @ Sep 6 2009, 06:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Oh yeah. Before I forget.

Dear Renegade-X team.

When you release the first version of this mod, you will for sure get all kinds of complains about the game, balance, bugs and whatnot. So don't get offended by that shit and don't stop developing this mod. ;)

Just to warn and note you about the shit storms which may be heading towards you. =P
(But I hope everything will go just fine with this mod. :) )[/b]

Yeah that's completely expected. There's no way we can satisfy 100% of the audience so there will always be people disappointed and throwing a shit storm.

Yeah with the graphic cards, get a 512mb card. I have the ATI Radeon HD 4850 and i love it (runs everything on high and above). Had 2 geforce 8800 before but i kept having problems with each one (got a evga card, then returned it and got a BFG 8800 GTS and that didn't work well either). And its less then $200! Never had a problem with ATI cards and i think i'll never go back to Geforce since all the problems i've had with them. :angry:

QUOTE (Dehumanization @ Sep 7 2009, 03:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah with the graphic cards, get a 512mb card. I have the ATI Radeon HD 4850 and i love it (runs everything on high and above). Had 2 geforce 8800 before but i kept having problems with each one (got a evga card, then returned it and got a BFG 8800 GTS and that didn't work well either). And its less then $200! Never had a problem with ATI cards and i think i'll never go back to Geforce since all the problems i've had with them. :angry:[/b]

well both compagny have strong and weak side. for me , i always got Nvidia card , cause each time i bough one, it gave me what i expected, so i continue with them. these day, each game are optimized for a gfx card company ... UT3 and unreal engine was made in collaboration with Nvidia, and his physX engine, and Intel. soem other game are made on AMD platform and technology (Valve game). but its not the place to debate on this. its more for the off topic section

Just bought UT3 from steam for 20 euro

The game is actually not bad at all "greed" is a load of fun - the grafics are great (so are physics/sound/some of gameplay/bot AI (not tactically)) and opposite to crysis it runs smoothly I havent lagged yet at all! Renegade will be great on this engine!

It demands more CPU power than crysis/far cry 2 I should warn, a high end grafics card will not run it alone at all - loading times are fast even on a system with poor harddisk/ram/cpu about 15-30 secs should do it for most of the waits (crysis is like minute(s)).

I also enjoy the grafical style more, warhead/crysis looks too much like plastic to me, had much too visible LOD and all the trickery with lighting to fake reality hurt my subconscious mind because somewhere something just wasn't right - dunno taste I guess.

Anyway Renegade-X yeah!

well i hoped they improved lol

the ATI X1300 can play it on highsettings, lo res at 15FPS :/

its 256

so a 512 Nvidia will be nice prob High-Med Res

but 1GB and 16xAA and fast speeds it should be up around Med-High Res :/

Welldam that ATI 1 is GDDR3 xD ****

but $140 is GTS 250 at 512 but i hope this is ok if not i return and see if i can get better xD

here is the 9500

http://www.cuttingedgecomputers.ca/shopexd.asp?id=3745

QUOTE (punko24 @ Sep 7 2009, 06:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
well i hoped they improved lol

the ATI X1300 can play it on highsettings, lo res at 15FPS :/

its 256

so a 512 Nvidia will be nice prob High-Med Res

but 1GB and 16xAA and fast speeds it should be up around Med-High Res :/

Welldam that ATI 1 is GDDR3 xD ****

but $140 is GTS 250 at 512 but i hope this is ok if not i return and see if i can get better xD

here is the 9500

http://www.cuttingedgecomputers.ca/shopexd.asp?id=3745[/b]

well the 9500GT and the GTS 250/9800gtx+ (same damn card) isnt in the same league .... 9500GT is peewee and the gts 250 is national league ... so i can say that you didnt read my other post. the GTS will run the game at full without problem. the 9500GT at medium setting. everycard on market since what? 8000 series fro nvidia can run 16x AA .. but not all can run it nicely with good fps.

if you ordered the 9500GT .. cancel your order and order the gts250.like i said before, the 9500gt dont have the horsepower to run 512mb full .. imagine 1GB .. even the 9600GT with 1GB is kinda waste of money. but the 9600GT need 512mb !!!!! the 9500/9400/9300 series is office card, 9600gso/GT/9800GS/GT is med gaming card. 9800gtx/gts250, gtx260 and up is highend gaming card

QUOTE (korninja45 @ Sep 7 2009, 11:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Will this be a stand alone game or is it one of those where you have to own renegade or Unreal Tornament to play it?[/b]

As said in the FAQ (which says quite clearly 'read before asking questions' ;) you will need the latest version of UT (that's the titan pack I think) to play.

Im running the game with everything maxed at 1200*1000 without lag with a 9600GT (512MB), an athlon 64 X2 dual core 5400+ and 2GB of ram ddr2 (I think 8600 - thats the ram speed - ddr3 is at 10K+) on a M3A-H/HDMI main board.

I would recommend another board of this type since my aetheros lan card never worked (ie same AMD chipset but different producer). Everything else is fine and the main board should make me able to upgrade steadily for the next 6-12 years due to the AMD roadmap (Pci express 2.0 (1.0 not used yet), AM2+ socket (supports AM3 cpus that dont exist yet) and plenty of ram space at a max speed of about 8600 (max for ddr2 anyway)).

This was a rather cheap system (input/output devices not included) even in danish prices maybe 600USDs (a PSU/some HDDs later), but in your country it would likely be maybe half of that for the same components, yes I know I live in a communist nanny state - with payed education though, so I save plenty :lol: (yes YOU get money for studying instead of paying FOR it)

QUOTE (Realpra @ Sep 8 2009, 03:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Im running the game with everything maxed at 1200*1000 without lag with a 9600GT (512MB), an athlon 64 X2 dual core 5400+ and 2GB of ram ddr2 (I think 8600 - thats the ram speed - ddr3 is at 10K+) on a M3A-H/HDMI main board.

I would recommend another board of this type since my aetheros lan card never worked (ie same AMD chipset but different producer). Everything else is fine and the main board should make me able to upgrade steadily for the next 6-12 years due to the AMD roadmap (Pci express 2.0 (1.0 not used yet), AM2+ socket (supports AM3 cpus that dont exist yet) and plenty of ram space at a max speed of about 8600 (max for ddr2 anyway)).

This was a rather cheap system (input/output devices not included) even in danish prices maybe 600USDs (a PSU/some HDDs later), but in your country it would likely be maybe half of that for the same components, yes I know I live in a communist nanny state - with payed education though, so I save plenty :lol: (yes YOU get money for studying instead of paying FOR it)[/b]

i played it at max at 1680*1050 except for the anti-aliasing with an MSI main board (don't know the exact type anymore). an athlon 64 x2 dual core 4400+, a X1950GT (512mb) and with 2GB of ram (kingston, fastest ddr 2 speed at that time, 2 years ago now, don't know the speed anymore lol). And that computer, including power source and casing cost me 530 euro's which is 600 dollars at max lol

If you're looking for a good video card for a cheaper price, get the ATI Radeon HD 4830 512mb from Sapphire. It's the equivalent of a 9800GT 512MB. Also, the game isn't THAT cpu hungry, I run it maxed at 1280x1024 and most maps run fine with 10-15 players. This is entirely because of the cpu being so crappy, the video card should handle the game no problems. In most games I run 24x AA just fine with all the graphic settings turned to max, such as FEAR or WoW, UT3 hates Anti-aliasing in my experience.

I have an AMD Athlon 64 3700+ 2.2GHz 1MB L2, that I bought somewhere between 2004-2007. Meh I forget when I build this hunk of crap, but the only thing that hasn't been changed is the mobo/cpu.

Someone please buy me a new combo :P.

PS: For the record, I am actually using the Radeon HD 4830 from Sapphire, and it is extremely stable with plenty of power. I bought it for $90 on newegg.com

i am not a coder or modder or anything like that ... but ... well ... you know, it seems that adding proper working harversters is not that easy

just remember the harvester "AI" in any CNC game, included Renny ;) ....

so i thought it might be possible that there is no harvester in the first release

QUOTE (omega79 @ Sep 11 2009, 12:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i am not a coder or modder or anything like that ... but ... well ... you know, it seems that adding proper working harversters is not that easy
just remember the harvester "AI" in any CNC game, included Renny ;) ....
so i thought it might be possible that there is no harvester in the first release[/b]

Yes, it must be a pain to create a harvester AI that is as dumb as all the harvesters in any other C&C game. But I think the team can manage this incredibly hard feat nonetheless!

QUOTE (Realpra @ Sep 8 2009, 01:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just bought UT3 from steam for 20 euro

The game is actually not bad at all "greed" is a load of fun - the grafics are great (so are physics/sound/some of gameplay/bot AI (not tactically)) and opposite to crysis it runs smoothly I havent lagged yet at all! Renegade will be great on this engine!

It demands more CPU power than crysis/far cry 2 I should warn, a high end grafics card will not run it alone at all - loading times are fast even on a system with poor harddisk/ram/cpu about 15-30 secs should do it for most of the waits (crysis is like minute(s)).

I also enjoy the grafical style more, warhead/crysis looks too much like plastic to me, had much too visible LOD and all the trickery with lighting to fake reality hurt my subconscious mind because somewhere something just wasn't right - dunno taste I guess.

Anyway Renegade-X yeah![/b]

Yeah. UT3 is demanding on CPU side because bots increase the CPU load quite much compared to other games. I even tested this with my game. I enabled cheats and typed in the console add_bot 1000 or something like that. I don't know how many bots I got on the map, maybe like 100 or so but one thing I know for sure, the CPU usage skyrocketed almost to the max.

And I can agree with you, bots are extremely good at pointing at things and staying on the target. Also they know exactly where everything is but when it comes down to changing priorities and prioritizing they just suck, like all bots.

For example. Capture bridge node so you get the levianth across the bridge to protect the enemy's node which we try to capture VERSUS Go and run like headless chicken trying to capture the enemy's node and leave the extreme fire support far behind so you have no chance at all holding the captured node.

But yeah... Enough off-topic. :rolleyes:

QUOTE (Mr. Weedy @ Sep 12 2009, 12:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah. UT3 is demanding on CPU side because bots increase the CPU load quite much compared to other games. I even tested this with my game. I enabled cheats and typed in the console add_bot 1000 or something like that. I don't know how many bots I got on the map, maybe like 100 or so but one thing I know for sure, the CPU usage skyrocketed almost to the max.

And I can agree with you, bots are extremely good at pointing at things and staying on the target. Also they know exactly where everything is but when it comes down to changing priorities and prioritizing they just suck, like all bots.

For example. Capture bridge node so you get the levianth across the bridge to protect the enemy's node which we try to capture VERSUS Go and run like headless chicken trying to capture the enemy's node and leave the extreme fire support far behind so you have no chance at all holding the captured node.

But yeah... Enough off-topic. :rolleyes: [/b]

I dont know what all this UT3 bot-AI bashing is about. I mean making an AI that can handel all the things (vehicles, weapons, objectives etc) in such a multiplayergame isent easy. UT3s bots are doing very well i think and i mean can you name me a game that has better bots ?

And the UT3 AI is very well customizable. You can specify the weaknesses and strengths of every vehicle for the bots for example. And how they proritize things is also changeable so when we release bots for RenegadeX they will priotitze shooting a building thats already low on health etc. And if they make stupid decisions we can and will tweak them further till they know RenegadeX in and out. You can also give them commands like to only defend, so that you can have some AI buddys doing the defensive work for you while you go on the offensive. This ís all possbile with UT3s excellent AI system.

Also how good they fire comes down to many factors inclduding their skill level. And they dont know where everything is. They know where the buildings are obviously but they dont have a wallhack so to speak to know every players position. They will only know youre there if you either step into their line of sight or if you make a noise that they can hear. So they kinda use eyes and ears like a human player. And about prioritzing what to attack: as i said we will tweak them till they make good decisions.

honestly there is no good ai in any game ... but ai is getting better ...

UT bots always were one of the best bots out there

and any bot ai in renegade-x will be far better than the ai in renegade at first place ... i mean they are "A" but they dont have the "I" ;)

hopefully we have enough players to play renegade-x ... so we wont have the need for the bots :)

I'm not bashing the AI around, just talking what I have experienced.

Oh yeah and devs.

There will be a simple instruction manual how to install the mod and set it up and all that, right?

Because I haven't installed a single mod for UT3 yet.

No wait, I have the ball...

But I doubt R-X will be installed the same way as it was...