Name the infanty fighting thingy. That thing you can stand in that has ramps and sheilds.

isupreme

I don't think there is a name for this.  ??or is there?

On Walls you see them just outside the wall on the left and right.    Those little platforms with 4 ramps and4 shields just right for a defender.

Can we have a little fun and try naming them?   And no,  BoatyMcBoatface is not the name...    Who Remembers when the British Government let the internet name their new polar exploration boat?   lol..  boatymcboatface   #1.

My Suggestions:  Gunny Deck.   Platyform.  

• 2 weeks later...

Did someone say Infantry Fighting Vehicle!?

No, they didn't. By imma hijack this thread right here. :D

I wonder how they could create something like the IFV (from Red Alert 2) and make the model of the turret change with different types of infantry inside. It would definitely have to be a light vehicle, like the MLRS, in terms of armor/HP.

What worries me isn't even the way part of the model would have to change, but how quickly could it be done, repeatedly, without it crashing the game. Constantly hopping in and out to repair, especially if it's being down by half of a dozen other people and the model keep having to flicker back and forth might cause some issues. Unless, they can implement some sort of time-out, during which the model would change and the vehicle could not be entered or exited. They already got something similar with the deploying Tick Tank and Artillery, so maybe all we need is for the driver to be locked inside upon entering, for the duration of the model-change. Should only be like 2-3 seconds.

The IFV shouldn't necessarily have its rocket pods by default, though. A type of turret at the top would only show when it would be occupied. It would have to differ from the unit in RA2, in that regard, since it couldn't be rolling around, firing rockets, without an infantry inside, anyway. And as soon as any infantry would enter, the turret would change.

Engineers could actually turn it into a mobile repair vehicle, like they do in RA2, that would act like a repair depot, when in proximity to other vehicles (and vehicles only).

Needless to say the combinations would be awesome to see in a 3D environment and even more interesting (and brutal), with Renegade units, especially with LCGs, Raves/Syds. The Future Buggy and the type of projectile it fires already feels like how a Patch would be inside an IFV. Higher tier snipers I could easily imagine inside, though the turret would have to be slower than the fast aiming they're used to, in exchange for some good protection. Plain Marksman, too, would have the advantage of not being instantly sniped, by a higher tier sniper, at least. They could squeeze out a few rounds on infantry, before their IFV would be seriously damaged and they wouldn't just drop dead from a single shot, a second they'd leave their base. Maybe the max range of certain type of weapons could be reduced, inside of an IFV, for balance, but maybe not.

13 hours ago, MattHunX said:

Did someone say Infantry Fighting Vehicle!?

No, they didn't. By imma hijack this thread right here. :D

I wonder how they could create something like the IFV (from Red Alert 2) and make the model of the turret change with different types of infantry inside. It would definitely have to be a light vehicle, like the MLRS, in terms of armor/HP.

What worries me isn't even the way part of the model would have to change, but how quickly could it be done, repeatedly, without it crashing the game. Constantly hopping in and out to repair, especially if it's being down by half of a dozen other people and the model keep having to flicker back and forth might cause some issues. Unless, they can implement some sort of time-out, during which the model would change and the vehicle could not be entered or exited. They already got something similar with the deploying Tick Tank and Artillery, so maybe all we need is for the driver to be locked inside upon entering, for the duration of the model-change. Should only be like 2-3 seconds.

The IFV shouldn't necessarily have its rocket pods by default, though. A type of turret at the top would only show when it would be occupied. It would have to differ from the unit in RA2, in that regard, since it couldn't be rolling around, firing rockets, without an infantry inside, anyway. And as soon as any infantry would enter, the turret would change.

Engineers could actually turn it into a mobile repair vehicle, like they do in RA2, that would act like a repair depot, when in proximity to other vehicles (and vehicles only).

Needless to say the combinations would be awesome to see in a 3D environment and even more interesting (and brutal), with Renegade units, especially with LCGs, Raves/Syds. The Future Buggy and the type of projectile it fires already feels like how a Patch would be inside an IFV. Higher tier snipers I could easily imagine inside, though the turret would have to be slower than the fast aiming they're used to, in exchange for some good protection. Plain Marksman, too, would have the advantage of not being instantly sniped, by a higher tier sniper, at least. They could squeeze out a few rounds on infantry, before their IFV would be seriously damaged and they wouldn't just drop dead from a single shot, a second they'd leave their base. Maybe the max range of certain type of weapons could be reduced, inside of an IFV, for balance, but maybe not.

well how about this the ifv hase alot of different weapons on itself. to use them ya need to own the class of infantry when ya enter it. then ya unlock that weapon to swap to. this means if ya enter a vehicle and dont have the class modification to use it auto swaps back instantly. and to make sure ya cant abuse the crap out of all these weapons if ya mannage to fire it for a split sec it  need to be reloaded when ya enter it. this pretty much that ya cant shoot the weapon untill ya let it reload.

then with normal/advanced repair tools tere excluded from the class restrictions if ya own any repair tool even if ya could buy an emergency repair tool ya can swap to it in the vehicle to repair 

Edited by slashes

21 hours ago, isupreme said:

Ack!   we been hijacked!     Thread was dead so  bring it on.

Your thoughts remind me of what Firestorm has planned. - with vehicles carrying multiple team and firing.

Well, those will be the Mammoth Mk.II and the Nod aircraft. Nothing else, as far as I know. But, the things is, even in plain RenX, I almost never see someone driving e.g.: an APC, while someone mans the machine gun on it. The only unit where I see the two being handled separately is with Chinooks, where someone pilots it, going in for a rush, while someone just fires off a few rounds with the chain-gun on the side, before they get blown out of the sky. 

That reminds of the police helicopters in...uh...GTA IV, I think. Where you can hear the crew talking and the gunner is telling the pilot "Hold this thing steady, I'll shot him in the head!" all gleefully.

11 hours ago, slashes said:

well how about this the ifv hase alot of different weapons on itself. to use them ya need to own the class of infantry when ya enter it. then ya unlock that weapon to swap to. this means if ya enter a vehicle and dont have the class modification to use it auto swaps back instantly. and to make sure ya cant abuse the crap out of all these weapons if ya mannage to fire it for a split sec it  need to be reloaded when ya enter it. this pretty much that ya cant shoot the weapon untill ya let it reload.

then with normal/advanced repair tools tere excluded from the class restrictions if ya own any repair tool even if ya could buy an emergency repair tool ya can swap to it in the vehicle to repair 

How would that look, though? A light-vehicle model having an array of weapons on it, the same number as the number of different infantry we have in the game. That wouldn't really fit on it.

I almost never see someone driving e.g.: an APC, while someone mans the machine gun on it.

I would donate again if this were made possible again.      Allowing a passenger to shoot is B.A.S.I.C. teamwork building exercise.

7 hours ago, MattHunX said:

How would that look, though? A light-vehicle model having an array of weapons on it, the same number as the number of different infantry we have in the game. That wouldn't really fit on it.

why couldent it fit and with the weapons on it also could have just have it build with a round base with 1 movable turret on top. meaning when its constructed its already manned in the game so just the bottom is reflects the vehicle while the top just reflects it already having something in even if its empty.

for weapons have it just fill slot 2-0 it will only count the main weapons. it could also just be like picking up a weapons crate how it forces u to swap to it when ya pick it up. could do the same for this one slot 1 would be 2 weak rockets. then slot 2-0 will be ya main weapon just being granted to the vehicle untill ya leave