Does anyone play the defense survival mode?

McGowen

I have played it a few times and find it enjoyable but can't seem to make it past wave 2 or 3. It seems a bit incomplete mostly for the reason that vehicles are available to purchase but cant be found anywhere on the map. There is also no kill sound. It seems that multiplayer would have a better chance with making it farther. Thoughts?

• Totem Arts Staff

Vehicles spawn in a place which is higlighted by the map (press M to show the full map)
Also I think the survival mode was essentialy made for multiplayer so it's easier if you play with friends, but if you play with a lot of players the AI difficulty increases too

43 minutes ago, Sakura said:

I just played it last night and I am working on a new map for it. The kill sound is on purpose so there's no super spam of it. Placing defenses (you can buy them in the Q menu in the purchase terminal) is basically the only way to win.

NEW MAP 😮
I love playing survival mode. Every now and then, a server fills up. It gets pretty frantic when those godmode doza's and sakura's waltzing into bar.

What's everyone's strategy on GT/Turret placement? I usually put GT's around bar and turrets away from bar. 

The insta-kill rocket headshots and noobjets from the ai mixed with being unable to respawn is a bit ott. I remember one night where we had 20 people trying to win and we must have failed at round 13 five times.

But I love co-op stuff and this game mode has some serious potential.

• Like 1

I could use some good placement strategies.    I usually put one laser in the barracks, then i spend money on hotwire for mines.    When the money starts to flow i put UP Guard towers mostly.

Is there still a limit on the number of placements?

On 8/13/2020 at 9:27 AM, Bruni said:

Vehicles spawn in a place which is higlighted by the map (press M to show the full map)
Also I think the survival mode was essentialy made for multiplayer so it's easier if you play with friends, but if you play with a lot of players the AI difficulty increases too

yeah the spawn point seems to be underground.

On 8/13/2020 at 9:55 AM, isupreme said:

I enjoy that mode from time to time.   The ability to place turrets, GT and lasers is half the fun i think.   It can be pretty intense when a group of players defeat wave after wave.    Too much fun.

WHAT!!!!??? this is the first I'm hearing of this i just thought it was like everything else and no ability to place things. There is no info anywhere i could find on this game mode.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, McGowen said:

yeah the spawn point seems to be underground.

WHAT!!!!??? this is the first I'm hearing of this i just thought it was like everything else and no ability to place things. There is no info anywhere i could find on this game mode.

In case you're still confused, you can guy a guard tower, a turret, or ceiling mounted turret from the barrack terminals. Look under item, it'll have have some extra options. 

I think Cynthia sometimes hosts a creative server, where you can do more, although it's not the survival mode.