Medal system

Hicks

Hi everyone, I've been thinking for several days that it would be very nice to have a medal system to implement in the game. Let me explain better, if in the game, for example, I destroy different structures, for example the refinery and the power plant, I would like to have some awards credited to me, I do not mean credits or experience points but I would also like others to know that it was me who make those destructions perhaps through medals that go to specify the structures destroyed by me. What do you say? Couldn't it be implemented?

• Like 2

Maybe after a building kill the player gets a small medal icon showing up next to their name that then resets either next game or after logging off for the day or some other period say up to a week and other players can see these players are being more valuable to the team.

The idea of unlock-able achievements sounds okay, other games do this, for example, say you get 25, 50, 100, 200 head shots with a sniper, 15 buildings destroyed etc and the game is partially integrated into Steam so maybe Steam badges could work for this sort of thing, but they would be more permanent milestones that survived beyond each game.

The game already has several slots at the end of each game to credit people with best defensive player, best offensive player and most valuable player for the team by name. If my memory serves me right I know the kill feed says "player x destroyed the Refinery" upon destruction, but maybe there could be a more prominent message in the mid screen area that says this along with player name and some sort of spinning gold star etc as I know many people like to celebrate buildings destroyed, although this would be more difficult to attribute fairly when it comes to a group push. At the end of the game maybe there could be a quick video compilation action-replay of each building going down showing who took it down.

See what other people say, but at the moment I feel this might be adding more bulk to the game, but its fun to see individual merit visible from within the game itself.

• Like 2

It would be cool if something could be implemented along a 'global ranking' which gives you a (very small) benefit for your rank. Like 10 or 25 hp extra for example + the 'rank' and medal(s) displayed.

Offcourse it needs custom coding, a registration system and more. Not easy to realize.

In any case, I meant a medal system limited to a single game without giving other benefits besides one's personal pride. If not, I think each of us could take advantage of it. It would be enough to play two or three games on an empty server to get 15 medals for as many destructions, or go into an empty server and "call" 32 level 1 bots to get hundreds of headshots, I don't think that's the case, people he would take advantage of it without shame.

36 minutes ago, Tytonium said:

I would love to get some achievements to hunt. It'd add more replay value to the game

One achievement you certainly have unlocked is:

Actions Speak Louder Than Words - as the commander, lead a successful rush while muted

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4