Thanks Dev. 5.462 patch. sniper. sounds

isupreme

From the Patch notes:

Snipers have a more distinct near-miss sound effect (Notify player when they're getting sniped at)

THANK YOU.

It is hard to estimate the importance of subtle changes like this.   I would rate this one VERY HIGH.   

Today i was repairing and supporting my team on the field of fight....  ...  .

HOLY SHIT Batman!   When that sniper shot went whizzing past my head it was Awesome!     Was it just sound effects?   I swear i could almost see the bullet go past.

Thanks for making the game intuitive.   I KNEW I needed to take precautions........

Edited by isupreme
  • Like 4

I support this, hearing the sound effect is very useful, it makes me move around more when repairing, and makes me more careful as infantry.

Only thing I would change is the sound effect itself, I think it is not on the high-quality level the game has overall. It could be more modern or subtle. 

It feels "off" compared to other sound effects in the game coming from infantry weapons.

Edited by Nyxblow
  • Like 1

• Totem Arts Staff
4 hours ago, Nyxblow said:

I support this, hearing the sound effect is very useful, it makes me move around more when repairing, and makes me more careful as infantry.

Only thing I would change is the sound effect itself, I think it is not on the high-quality level the game has overall. It could be more modern or subtle. 

It feels "off" compared to other sound effects in the game coming from infantry weapons.

my thoughts exactly

I really see people suddenly moving like maniac whenever you miss them. This makes it much more difficult for a sniper to get a hit, but I think this is a healthy evolution in terms of game play. Too many times I could barely miss repairs with the silenced snipers and they wouldn't move even a bit.

In terms of the actual sound being used, I love it. I absolutely love it. No matter what you're doing right now, it stands out that much that you immediately try to figure out where the shot came from and where to find cover. Bonus points for having a sound that is quite familiar to most people due to the use of (similar) sounds in movies and tv shows. You might have never heard that sound before in Ren X, but the moment it first plays, you instinctively know someone is after you.

I think if they score a hit on a player it needs to be a different sound to distinguish the different events, else there is the small possibility of believing they missed you when they really hit you because the sounds are the same, and not being able to tell the difference.