Obsolete C4 crate replacement

You're scouring tunnels in the heat of the battle, and there you see it: a pandora's box, giving misfortune and blessing alike, the crate.

What could be inside, a spy that could tilt the balance of the game in favour of your team? or maybe a super money crate which all will apprecieate?

You pick it up, and OH NO, a plastic explosive is now stuck you your head! You only have 30 seconds to live..! except you don't. Because you have flak armor on your 400 credits character, and your menacingly ticking hat that used to fill you with dread and make you chase the nearest vehicle in vain hopes to avoid doom is just a minor annoyance now.

So, I though. Why not just cut it out? It's pointless as it is now. Coincidentally, some time ago I was experiencing a weird game with connectivity issues, that caused me to respawn as the lately deceased character, but with NO WEAPONS AT ALL, not even pistol, every time I died. And I thought "man, it sure would suck major ass if there was some kind of <Pacifist Crate> that when you look inside, makes you find your inner peace and abandon all your weapons, and the only way to rearm yourself would be to rebuy you character or die".

I mean, this state obviously is already in game, since I experienced it first-hand. So why not replace C4 crates with something like that?

• Like 1

I think Fffreak already created a 'certain death' crate you can't escape with a much quicker timer that's more powerful than just a timed C4, I agree with you that it could be removed, but I'd go further and say remove these irritating crates entirely, nothing like losing your special character to a crate during a tight low credit game. If we keep nuke crates, I think someone should actually get to put it down with some sort of radar/GPS gun and it only damages tanks and infantry.

Oh yes, the nuke crates are the problem on their own.

I think that crates potentially having detrimental effects is a fun gimmick, as it makes people think if they are currently is a good situation to take the risk.

But nuke crates don't just kill the risk-taker, they kill everyone around, and while the nuke crate killing the whole vehicle flank on walls because someone wanted to take a crate is pretty hillarious (if it wasn't your team), I wouldn't call it a fun game mechanic. Only the crate taker should be taking a risk.

Same thing with super-money crates, those shouldn't exist either imho, although I realize that not many people would agree with this statement. It feels like artificially making crate-whoring sbh and 'freelancers' useful to the team without trying to encourage more productive play-style.

And I still want a crate that when you search through it, you find inner peace. It doesn't seem that hard to make since all the necessary states/components already exist in game. Also, I think it's funny. Sue me.

• Like 2

Shared rewards for a super money crate, shared punishment for a greedy nuke crate pickup, thats fair imo.
Even if your push suddenly gets nuked so can a new one begin with finding a strong vehicle in a crate.

im biased, i freaking love nuke crate, its hilarious pls dont remove ever xD.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I think a shared money crate was actually a good idea, if everyone gets $300 credits at least everyone can then afford a rocket solider or maybe an advanced engineer. How about teleport your character to a random location on the map crate? This could open up some interesting plays potentially. I'm struggling to see how a pacifist crate adds anything to the game, even as a booby crate it just feels like crate-choice clutter that waters down the chances of getting something interesting.

It wouldn't water down anything if it was a replacement for c4 crate that just isn't as dangerous as it was pre-veterancy and armor patch. To be fair, even before those this crate was flawed due to how c4 on characters is treated in the game when it's inside a vehicle.

Pacifist crate would also just heavily limit the potential of what you could do with your character, but it wouldn't be a simple death sentence crate.

Imho it's hundred times more interesting to give the player a choice whether to struggle with their crippled character or just give up and suicide on their own, rather than having a "YOU'S DEAD FAM" crate.

I'm alright with anything replacing c4 crates though, as long as it becomes a proper danger for the player.

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Nyxblow said:

Also getting a smoke grenade when your character already has smoke grenades is... meh

I swear something is wrong with those weapon crates, the chances of getting duplicate weapons is higher than 50% in my own empirical experience. People don't want ammo, they want new toys ;) 

Fite me @Fffreak9999

• Like 3

5 hours ago, limsup said:

I swear something is wrong with those weapon crates, the chances of getting duplicate weapons is higher than 50% in my own empirical experience. People don't want ammo, they want new toys ;) 

Fite me @Fffreak9999

*Alter's crate chance for Limsup to be permanent nukes instead :) *

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 1