double polls, disable chat etc.

dabigma

Hey guys,

here are some suggestions:

-please try to remove polls that are being initiated twice by the same person. or by anyother person, like bruh there are polls about surrendering again and again. Can you limit polls for each type to 1x in 10 minutes or something.

- sometimes i would like to play without gamechat enabled - i dont know if its possible.

- pay for the vehicle after it roll out  of wf. like if you purchase a tank the money doesnt go immediately, so you can change your purchase if you like to.

-censor bad words like "gay" or other stupid things. like bruh... if someone foreign starts playing ren x and he sees all that shit being said in chat they never come back, though ren x is a fun and addicting game.

- could you please list rules in game like "we do not tolerate racism, toxic behaviour or cheats" or smth like that.

I had more on my mind but did not write it all down. maybe I add some things.

best regards

Edited by dabigma
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, dabigma said:

-please try to remove polls that are being initiated twice by the same person. or by anyother person, like bruh there are polls about surrendering again and again. Can you limit polls for each type to 1x in 10 minutes or something.

Certain vote types are already limited on either a team limit or player limit per vote.

Surrendering is limited to a team wide limit of 1 per 5/10 mins. I can't recall the exact value.

12 minutes ago, dabigma said:

- sometimes i would like to play without gamechat enabled - i dont know if its possible.

This is not currently possible

12 minutes ago, dabigma said:

- pay for the vehicle after it roll out  of wf. like if you purchase a tank the money doesnt go immediately, so you can change your purchase if you like to.

Your vehicle enters the queue on purchase, it is something that didn't exist in the original Renegade (except as part of a server modification). While this is something that COULD be done, there are times where this could be abused. The only thing I can recommend at this time, is just to be careful.

14 minutes ago, dabigma said:

-censor bad words like "gay" or other stupid things. like bruh... if someone foreign starts playing ren x and he sees all that shit being said in chat they never come back, though ren x is a fun and addicting game.

While we would like to do so, it is not easy to have filters in place, and they are not effective in other games either, as you would need to add a million different variants of insults. We would rather deal with individuals rather than limit conversation entirely, and potentially affect legitimate chat.

16 minutes ago, dabigma said:

- could you please list rules in game like "we do not tolerate racism, toxic behaviour or cheats" or smth like that.

Try typing !rules in chat, many servers run a Jupiter bot, which has a small list of rules which are visible once the command is typed.

• Thanks 1

1.when you press m you should see position marker, so you know where you stand. Like a arrow or something.

2. Bind vehicles crates - so if someone else on your team takes it you just press L to lock it for you.

3. press x for 180 degree turn - i dont know if this is possible

4. add tank position icon on the UI

best regards

• Like 2

4 hours ago, dabigma said:

Excuse me? 😂😂

You're excused. But lets be real - shit talking has existed forever in not only videogames but in every competitive outlet, like sports, betting, racing, boardgames, whatever, everything. No amount of SJW wishful thinking on your part is going to change this.

But I like the rest of your ideas, especially the more noticeable player map marker one and the battlefield style turret icon to show you which way you;re facing from the tank chassis.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• Totem Arts Staff
14 minutes ago, DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr said:

You're excused. But lets be real - shit talking has existed forever in not only videogames but in every competitive outlet, like sports, betting, racing, boardgames, whatever, everything. No amount of SJW wishful thinking on your part is going to change this.

But I like the rest of your ideas.

lol. imagine if you live in filth and shit inside your own home, are you gonna leave it there and be consumed by it? losers are people who dont try to better themselves and push for greater :)

Edited by StoneD
  • Downvote 2

7 hours ago, DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr said:

But I like the rest of your ideas, especially the more noticeable player map marker one and the battlefield style turret icon to show you which way you;re facing from the tank chassis.

I think you are just bored.

Please try not to disturb peoples threads. You can be competitive in off topics threads!

Thanks! 

Best Regards 

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

gay is not an inherently "bad" word; I for one consider it rather positive. It's when misused in aggressive contexts to harass others that it becomes problematic. Aggressors then just end up subverting filters (i.e: g4y), and it becomes an endless game of cat an mouse that only really punishes those who weren't necessarily using words in a hostile way. At best, you end up with people veiling their hostilities behind other words that are less egregious, making it harder to address the underlying behavior: being an extremely bigoted or toxic ass.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

15 hours ago, DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr said:

Could you like, not de-rail the topic with unnecessary adlib? 

You're not currently in the game right now, you're on a forum.

Additionally, "shit talking" otherwise referred to as "Banter" is expected in any team Vs team game - however depending on your definition of the term can vary how much the "shit talking" is just an excuse to be a piece of shit.

But seriously though, this appears off-topic.

On 6/20/2020 at 9:52 PM, dabigma said:

But if you need to know where specifically the beacon has been planted and somebody is trying to inform your team and you... aren't you going to be blind to anything the voice commands don't quite cover?

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

9 minutes ago, Madkill40 said:

But if you need to know where specifically the beacon has been planted and somebody is trying to inform your team and you... aren't you going to be blind to anything the voice commands don't quite cover?

Yeah you're right. Good point. 

• Like 1

I think a defending player should be able to deploy a coloured smoke or flare once they Q spot a beacon for a second or two so the rest of the team can find it. Needs to be a visual thing you can look for instead of having to read the team feed.

The thing I dislike most about multiplayer is all of the text information being thrown at you. You got chat. You got killfeed. You got radio commands. You got EVA updates. You got polls. You got commander messages. You got server messages/crate announcements. You got more polls.

And I still think I'm missing stuff.

Point is that I think that this game would be way more fun if there was a way to limit/remove a lot of that clutter. Hide some of it behind opt-in settings. For instance, I like to play the objective and to support my team. I enjoy working together and forming a strategy and executing it. But I really dislike the idea of having a commander and generally that whole segment of the multiplayer. No longer can you just suggest an idea and get some people onboard with it. Now, if you're not commander, stfu. It kills all the teamplay incentives for me and I look at those commander polls/messages as spam and just ignore them most of the time.

Basically, when there is too much information, the important stuff is drowned out and you're left wondering when the hell they managed to sneak into your base and blow up your power plant.

Edited by R315r4z0r

Tank direction indicator was also one of my feedback ideas for the game which I should have bought up earlier! This would be great sometimes, some tank types when you are close to terrain are hard to see what direction. Memory isn't always the easiest.

The sjw shit needs to die though, this is not reddit-x and insults have been part of gaming since day one. If you don't like it you might need a thicker skin: you'll get much worse in life one day than played-out bad words on a video game. If someone is harassing someone constantly they will be dealt with, this is already in place. 

• Thanks 1

• Totem Arts Staff
12 hours ago, N4CR said:

The sjw shit needs to die though, this is not reddit-x and insults have been part of gaming since day one. If you don't like it you might need a thicker skin: you'll get much worse in life one day than played-out bad words on a video game. If someone is harassing someone constantly they will be dealt with, this is already in place. 

off topic but, fair enough to a point. the point being made by other mods is though, leave that stuff for the in game battlefield if you must. Isn't really appropriate on the forums here where we keep things chill.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, roweboat said:

off topic but, fair enough to a point. the point being made by other mods is though, leave that stuff for the in game battlefield if you must. Isn't really appropriate on the forums here where we keep things chill.

Fair. Last thing I see when I want to start a game or something to with a game is that type of topic so it irritated me. Point taken and noted thank you for keeping the peace :)

• Thanks 1

On 7/10/2020 at 10:21 PM, dabigma said:

1.when you press m you should see position marker, so you know where you stand. Like a arrow or something.

I'd like to second this idea. I admit I often have to scour the map to find my own playericon. Something to make it stand out more, like a blinking crosshair would be pretty nice. 

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/11/2020 at 1:11 PM, Madkill40 said:

Could you like, not de-rail the topic with unnecessary adlib?

lolwut? I didn't de-rail anything, I addressed one of OP's topics:

On 6/20/2020 at 4:52 PM, dabigma said:

Censor bad words like "gay" or other stupid things. like bruh... if someone foreign starts playing ren x and he sees all that shit being said in chat they never come back, though ren x is a fun and addicting game.

^ ^ What I said in my original reply to this was "don't put yourself in a position to be called such a thing." IE buck up. I said it cheekier than that but it was by no means worth deletion and a 20 day ban lol. You and your moderators gotta loosen up. I also mentioned xbox live, playstation network and steam voice chat contain tons of swearing foreigners in games more popular than RenX, so OP's logic that foreigners won't play this game because they were called a "swear" they might not even understand makes no sense.

On 7/10/2020 at 9:28 PM, Sakura said:

DURRRRRP imagine if you live in filth and shit inside your own home, are you gonna leave it there and be consumed by it? losers are people who dont try to better themselves and push for greater :)

lolwut? Now THIS is de-railing. How come this guy ain't getting a 20 day ban, huh?  I think he's trying to say someone's house is full of shit? 

Good game though. I've had no issues with foreigners swearing at me, and vice versa, and I've yet to see anyone get THAT triggered and quit the game. So in conclusion:

@dabigma RenX ain't gonna lose players due to cheeky banter, you got nothing to worry about.

EDIT: lol one of the moderators is still going on a censor trip. He or she keeps removing sentences in my posts, even though once again, I used no profanity, I didn't break any rules, it was on topic, it flowed logically with the rest of the post, etc.

To the moderator who keeps doing this - you do realize that by removing this sentence:

"I see there's quite the SJW echo chamber here on these forums. A shame."

You just prove my point entirely? lol you completely change my original post and then 20 day ban me for "abuse," which is ridiculous - OP was not abused in any way, just one of his sillier ideas ridiculed, but the ridicule was fair and warranted.

Now, what YOU are doing would be considered actual abuse - Mod abuse. But I'm not complaining. Just stating some facts, that's all. Setting the record straight.

Edited by DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr
  • Like 1

On 8/7/2020 at 1:24 AM, DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr said:

lolwut? I didn't de-rail anything, I addressed one of OP's topics:

^ ^ What I said in my original reply to this was "don't put yourself in a position to be called such a thing." IE buck up. I said it cheekier than that but it was by no means worth deletion and a 20 day ban lol. You and your moderators gotta loosen up. I also mentioned xbox live, playstation network and steam voice chat contain tons of swearing foreigners in games more popular than RenX, so OP's logic that foreigners won't play this game because they were called a "swear" they might not even understand makes no sense.

lolwut? Now THIS is de-railing. How come this guy ain't getting a 20 day ban, huh?  I think he's trying to say someone's house is full of shit? 

Good game though. I've had no issues with foreigners swearing at me, and vice versa, and I've yet to see anyone get THAT triggered and quit the game. So in conclusion:

@dabigma RenX ain't gonna lose players due to cheeky banter, you got nothing to worry about.

EDIT: lol one of the moderators is still going on a censor trip. He or she keeps removing sentences in my posts, even though once again, I used no profanity, I didn't break any rules, it was on topic, it flowed logically with the rest of the post, etc.

To the moderator who keeps doing this - you do realize that by removing this sentence:

"I see there's quite the SJW echo chamber here on these forums. A shame."

You just prove my point entirely? lol you completely change my original post and then 20 day ban me for "abuse," which is ridiculous - OP was not abused in any way, just one of his sillier ideas ridiculed, but the ridicule was fair and warranted.

Now, what YOU are doing would be considered actual abuse - Mod abuse. But I'm not complaining. Just stating some facts, that's all. Setting the record straight.

Hey, 

I don't know what you are up to. I just presented my suggestions. Then you wrote " less SJW virtue signaling crybaby bullshit." This was not nice. The moderators took actions. 

Since this happened your dialogue had no sense. It was not productive it was rather a personal issue. 

Best Regards 

• Haha 1