Mouse problems

Hicks

Hello all,
I have an annoying problem with the mouse only RenX and this happens to be on a game server is in skirmish mode. In random instances my mouse turns off for 10 - 15 seconds and often this means that I am killed without being able to defend myself. I anticipate that the mouse is a Corsair M65 and is not wireless. I don't remember if I only had the problem with the latest patch or it was already present in the previous patches, I only know that I have this problem recently.
Thanks in advance to everyone who will help me solve this problem.
PS: Let me know if I have to attach any log files. My current nickname in game is Hicks

Edited by Hicks

52 minutes ago, roweboat said:

Have you tried verify game integrity from the launcher?

I thought it was a problem with my system (win7 64 bit) and I reinstalled it, immediately afterwards I made a new installation of RenX and I had the same problem. I think the clean install of the game rules out the integrity of the game itself.

• Like 1

Hi Mystic and thanks for your reply. I answer you in order:

7 hours ago, Mystic~ said:

If you plug in a different mouse do you have the same problem?

I have yet to try another mouse

[EDIT] I tried to play with an old 5 € mouse and I didn't have the problem. What annoys me is that now I am forced to play with an old mouse when I have a better and more performing one: /

Are you certain its only in Renegade-X

Yes, it only happens to me with RenX

do you also use other applications for a long time?

The operating system was formatted three days ago, so no, I haven't used any other applications in a long time

Does the mouse require special drivers?

It uses his drivers, but in the past it never happened to me. It is happening only with the latest release or at the limit with the last two releases.

If there is a way to make a recording of the game I can attach it to the next post so you realize what is happening, alternatively tell me what could be useful to understand what the problem is.

Edited by Hicks

I was wondering if because it's a corded mouse, maybe the cable was damaged or perhaps the mouse is damaged or defective. Maybe you could also test it with a different game to try and narrow down the cause. The fact you say that an old mouse works fine makes me think it's either a driver problem, os problem or it's defective. Have you also tried testing the settings for the mouse under control panel? I know high tech mouses usually have more options like resolution etc and maybe something is interfering with the game here.

15 hours ago, Mystic~ said:

I was wondering if because it's a corded mouse, maybe the cable was damaged or perhaps the mouse is damaged or defective. Maybe you could also test it with a different game to try and narrow down the cause. The fact you say that an old mouse works fine makes me think it's either a driver problem, os problem or it's defective. Have you also tried testing the settings for the mouse under control panel? I know high tech mouses usually have more options like resolution etc and maybe something is interfering with the game here.

Penso che il mouse non abbia problemi con il filo, RenX ha un comportamento strano quando accade il "black out" del mouse, vedo lo schermo che si freeza per pochi secondi e poi riprende con un pochino di lag, a quel punto anche il mouse è tornato alla normalità. Penso anche io che ci sia qualcosa che non piace a RenX dei driver del mouse, anche perchè nel mio sistema avevo diversi giochi che non hanno mai dato problemi (X3 terran conflict, Skyrim e GTAV). amo giocare a RenX con bassi dpi e quindi ha 800 dpi.

[EDIT]

Sorry, I replied in Italian

I think the mouse has no problems with the wire, RenX has a strange behavior when the mouse "black out" occurs, I see the screen freezing for a few seconds and then resuming with a little bit of lag, at which point also the mouse has returned to normal. I also think that there is something that RenX does not like about mouse drivers, also because in my system I had several games that never gave problems (X3 terran conflict, Skyrim, Fallout 4 and GTAV). I love to play RenX with low dpi and therefore has 800 dpi.

Edited by Hicks

• Totem Arts Staff
9 hours ago, Hicks said:

Right, I'm attaching a 2.3 MB log. If it can be useful, I think that log refers to a game session that I did in low resolution just to check if the problem occurred even in this condition

Launch-backup-2020.06.19-11.37.52.log 2.24 MB · 3 downloads

I see nothing out of the ordinary for the logs. Just make sure you have the correct drivers installed and that no other program is popping up and taking the focus away from RenX.

It's really strange, the drivers installed are those downloaded from the Corsair website (my mouse is a Corsair M65). I think if some other program was "disturbing" the mouse from RenX, it should also do so with the old mouse. When I get home (now I am on a business trip) I will check and in case I will uninstall the mouse management program.

What you describe is a common symptom of a slowly dying mouse, one thats at the limit of its lifespan or have seen too much action.
It can be easy to make the assumption that your most common or most mouse intense PC activity is what triggers it, but this comes and goes at random and gets progressively worse to the point where it wont start at all.
Not saying that Renegade X isn't causing you problems, maybe it is, but ive seen this "turning off/on by itself followed by the computer acting like it was unplugged and re-plugged" plenty of times on just about every mouse brand. idk what really causes it, have a vague suspicion it might have to do with faulty capacitors on the mouse boards, like its edging its own power supply.

Your mouse model seems to be one of those popular re-produced kinds, it can be 6 years or 6 months old far as i can tell.
If this even happens once outside of Renegade x, or if you have noticed it getting progressively more common in Renegade X over time, then RIP your mouse bro.
I hope its Renegade X that causes it, especially if you have the original model.

Edited by Syntharn
hablargablaargh

Thank you for your reply. I sincerely hope that the problem is not the RenX mouse but maybe the mouse management program, even if I don't believe it very much. In any case, I will be able to check next weekend when I get home from work.