Coop vs AI

Guest JJ.

Is this a game that I can play co-op versus AI I want to try and get my wife playing but if she just gets her butt kicked over and over she won't even try

You can definitely start up your own server (it's not that hard, especially if you just want to play on your own local network) and play together against bots. You could also join an empty server, but then people might join you, and you may not be able to swap teams like you wish.

SimpleServer.bat

There is a bat file to start a server on the Walls map (you can easily open it and change the map there - map names can be found in UDKGame\CookedPC\Maps\RenX - omit the .udk extension). You would put this in the base install directory of the RenX install you wish to start the server from (you can start a game client from the same install at the same time and it will be fine on almost any machine for low player counts).

It also has an admin password value you can set, so you can log in. Then with the console (press F5 or tilde), you can type "adminlogin password" or whatever you set the password as (best to keep it private) to log in, and then "admin team2 playername", where playername is the name of the player you would like to swap teams of (if you would like to swap your wife over to your team or something).

There IS a co-op survival mode, but it is honestly more punishing than playing against real people sometimes, especially with low player counts. : )

Let me know if you have any questions. : )

I would answer that, no, not really... the AI in this game isn't particularly advanced or well developed, whilst you can set it up to be 2 or more human players versus an AI army, it's typically not that enjoyable in my experience, it's very flat fleeting, robotic and the AI can eventually bug out. You would probably have more fun just joining in on a regular online game and learning at your own pace. The game doesn't have a tutorial mode, so most learning is done through trial and error, making mistakes and being shouted at (if online with others). If you're really determined to play a 90s-2000s era war game, then sure, maybe, but something like Mass Effect might be more enjoyable for co-op play.

Oh, I'm sorry, I forgot that bit. Just press ctrl+v to bring up the vote menu, then press 4 to add bots and follow the vote menu prompts. Alternatively, if you are logged in as admin, I think you can type in the console "admin addredbots x" (replace x with an integer) to add x bots to GDI, or "admin addbluebots x" to add x bots to Nod.

1. If you have the admin password set up, log in as admin via the console (F5 or tilde) with "adminlogin password" and then type "admin team2 NameOfPlayerToSwap" into the console. Team2 transfers a player's credits with them. If you just type team, they will just have standard starting credits.

2. Or you can go to UDKGame\Config\UDKRenegadeX.ini and find the line that starts with teammode. Change it to this "TeamMode=5". Then you can press escape while ingame to bring up the menu and click the change team button. Changing it to teammode 5 should put it in unrestricted swapping mode, which is helpful in your case because you don't care about human players being distributed evenly between teams.

Hope this helps!

EDIT: And you are welcome. : )

So much to learn but I got to know is there a way to choose our maps it seems to not allow us to repeat. After each round it lets us vote but it does not have the one we just did

In the same config file as the TeamMode, you can change these lines:
RecentMapsToExclude=8
MaxMapVoteSize=5

And lower the number of maps to exclude to 0, and raise the vote size (how many it will randomly pick to let you vote from) to whatever you like, although it will be a LOT of maps to scroll through if you raise it very high. The base game has close to 40 maps.

If you are logged in as admin, you can also choose a specific map by typing "admin setmap mapname" in the console. Such as "admin setmap CNC-Walls" to set the map to Walls.

This thread reminds me that what i think we need is a Target range.

You know...  a place where you can try out your various weaponry against a variety of targets   (hopefully moving).

Total respect  07 :

I want to try and get my wife playing but if she just gets her butt kicked over and over she won't even try

Edited by isupreme

On 4/16/2020 at 6:00 PM, HIHIHI said:

You can definitely start up your own server (it's not that hard, especially if you just want to play on your own local network) and play together against bots. You could also join an empty server, but then people might join you, and you may not be able to swap teams like you wish.

SimpleServer.bat 123 B · 2 downloads

There is a bat file to start a server on the Walls map (you can easily open it and change the map there - map names can be found in UDKGame\CookedPC\Maps\RenX - omit the .udk extension). You would put this in the base install directory of the RenX install you wish to start the server from (you can start a game client from the same install at the same time and it will be fine on almost any machine for low player counts).

It also has an admin password value you can set, so you can log in. Then with the console (press F5 or tilde), you can type "adminlogin password" or whatever you set the password as (best to keep it private) to log in, and then "admin team2 playername", where playername is the name of the player you would like to swap teams of (if you would like to swap your wife over to your team or something).

There IS a co-op survival mode, but it is honestly more punishing than playing against real people sometimes, especially with low player counts. : )

Let me know if you have any questions. : )

So how does one start the coop survival mode