just gonna leave this here:

Calvin

I been getting accused a billion times in game someone told me to share some gameplay on the forums

I was using a buggy at the beginning with the intention of defending the harv. ended up getting a lot of kills with it changed into sakura and started sniping from the pipeline.They really need to change that spot it's kind of broken. 

The quality is shit because i was playing on 800x600 Stretched. to see if my fps would be much better and to see how i would perform

Sniping starts at 7 mins

but yeah enjoy ^^

Edited by poi
  • Like 2

Eh, best support and MVP of the GDI team.. assuming half of the match i was standing behind PP spamming bolts to the tunnels.. Mostly that means a lot of GDI team just left before end and new guys come. IMHO the problem was in the stacked NOD team, not much inf players on our side but a lot of newcomers, as i can see, so result is predictable. I was very surprised it took almost a hour for NOD to kill us. Balance balance balance... Sometimes balance is terrible.. Sometimes it just swaps Nod and GDI teams on a new map.. Frustrating.. Despair 😬
And about Poi - maybe devs should add a special badge of some kind? Special color in TAB menu? So new people stop burning like that? Like 90% of all the chat texts were about Poi's K/D.. Actually maybe Tab menu needs some new column? Like Rank or something like that, so new people know who they play with? Nah, they'll still complain.. Or to modify Leaderboard and add Top (of the year? month?) of snipers,  reps (😇), etc, so newcomers would recognize some nicknames.. Anyway, Poi, your skill and your cross to bear, that wont stop, sadly.
The video is a great tutorial for people about how not to get on a sniper scope. What is a sprint.. How to dash.. Answer for tanks drivers about "where did my rep disappeared. Maybe something wrong happens around.. Nah.." Im watching the video and just facepalming sometimes 🙄 (Not blaming anyone, guys, you did a great job anyway, we standed for a hour)

PS, i might be wrong at some points, might be telling stupid things but thats just my thoughs about this situation. And sorry for possible mistakes - not my native language.

Upd: Devs can stick prefix [Poi] ingame so when Poi changes name we still know 😁
(Nothing personal, just a joke... Perhaps...) 

Edited by Something.Incredible
  • Like 1

Well I witnessed about 3 people in the open public chat calling for you to be vote kicked from this evenings' game on Islands. DS14, JoeRogan and someone else... I'm not sure why, but I am guessing that it must be related to sniping skills? You had around 10 more kills than Minji at that moment in time.

On 4/12/2020 at 1:40 AM, poi said:

I was using a buggy at the beginning with the intention of defending the harv. ended up getting a lot of kills with it changed into sakura and started sniping from the pipeline.They really need to change that spot it's kind of broken.

why you used that spot the whole time if you know it's kind of broken? Just because there is a possibility to use a spot like this, does not mean you have to take advantage of it.

• Like 2

Guest NoPopularOpinion

I was playing on GDI during this game, it was really no fun to play, it was like a sniping fest for one player. I was getting really mad after a while because I got sniped in base (between agt, bar, pp) or repping tanks and quit playing on this server. Tanks had not chance against Nod tanks because their reps got killed. Most tries to kill him wassnt succesful, even from advanced players.

I dont know, if poi is cheating (my personal opinion: this low res. stream proofs nothing) or just very high skilled (btw: why is no one else on a approximately skill level?) whatever the outcome is the same, people leaving because they have no fun and for newbs could be so frustrating that they stop playing the whole game (I read a lot of chats like this: "F... this game just aimbotter, I quit..."). I just playing this game since a year, because I loved old Ren, but in the time where poi took a break was much more pleasant. Sorry poi, I dont want to be personal, but that's what you trigger to other players, and not just with me. And this victimhood that you're taking on, I don't understand.

BTW: Are there any measures against hacking from players? For example, are there any server validations that files are not manipulated?

• Totem Arts Staff
2 hours ago, Snow said:

why you used that spot the whole time if you know it's kind of broken? Just because there is a possibility to use a spot like this, does not mean you have to take advantage of it.

Could say this about a lot of spots for non-infantry as well. Many tanks can sit in spots where the enemy can't hit back (for example Islands, arties can hit GDI base without being touched, or the mammy spot near the water pool in the middle of that map), or even people who use the MRLS curve in new and weird ways to hit spots we didn't think they could. Arguably it's more of a map design issue than anything. Something I've also brought up recently is the ability for snipers to hide a lot of their body while sniping, allowing only their head to appear while scoped. This is a big problem that is limited to scoped weapons I believe. Base defenses would be a lot more useful if snipers had to reveal at least to their waist.

1 hour ago, Guest NoPopularOpinion said:

(btw: why is no one else on a approximately skill level?)

Depends on a lot of different factors. If other high skill infantry players see poi on enemy team they may just play tanks or any other role to try and save their own KD or prevent their stats from being ruined on the leaderboard. Other times it can be related to the state of the match. HoN/Bar dead, PP/Ref dead (can't afford buying snipers or whatever infantry to fight) or just don't want to exert that much effort to try and fight.

And this victimhood that you're taking on, I don't understand.

RenX community is not always the most friendly. I personally can attest to this as I have played under many names, including my main name and gotten hate for playing as infantry and not having a KD close to poi's. Even recently seen someone harassing another sniper for being a sniper, even while not playing as sniper in that match. Maybe it's too hopeful to assume people could be at least half civil in-game. While I can't say I particularly blame anyone for being annoyed, I don't think it needs to be taken to the extreme that it is.

BTW: Are there any measures against hacking from players? For example, are there any server validations that files are not manipulated?

Unreal Engine automatically verifies all packages that are used in-game.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Guest NoPopularOpinion said:

I dont know, if poi is cheating (my personal opinion: this low res. stream proofs nothing) or just very high skilled (btw: why is no one else on a approximately skill level?) whatever the outcome is the same, people leaving because they have no fun and for newbs could be so frustrating that they stop playing the whole game (I read a lot of chats like this: "F... this game just aimbotter, I quit..."). I just playing this game since a year, because I loved old Ren, but in the time where poi took a break was much more pleasant. Sorry poi, I dont want to be personal, but that's what you trigger to other players, and not just with me. And this victimhood that you're taking on, I don't understand.

I used to play a lot of old Renegade literally everyone in that game sniped because it was so broken and easy, ever since i remember i used to be very good at sniping in that game too got banned a few times for suspected cheating. but i never got called names or people telling me to die because of my playstyle or calling me psychotic because of my playstyle too. I myself got killed so much by people like @Gaysha @Canucck @boxes @Minji  @jpjtyld @Sarie but i never called them names for it. if anything my competitive side wanted to be a challange for them and i practiced for years. i remember renx also had sniper servers i would just sit in there and practice against bots or other players. 

And those people leaving the game when they get killed those are most likely the casual players that don't aim to get better, if you want to get better at a game you have to learn and die A LOT. it doesn't come just like that. 

as for the "victimhood" i got kicked about 10 times in 2 days. if you wouldn't find that annoying and unfair when you're playing fair and doing nothing wrong... i dont know what to tell you. 

Also this is some of my sniping in OLD renegade too if you want to see: 

Edited by poi

Guest Once Upon the time

In a way you have a lot of players to take (claim Aimbot etc.), and you really have the experience as a sniper. For some it is unimaginable.
Each medal has 2 sides, one is you are a very good sniper and the other side is that players (mostly new ones) are chased away by your style of play. Count for all good Sniper with a high K/D on one map/game.
Newbies throw Ren X in the bin.

Most ppl do not like to get sniped every short time. :)
Back then I had no problems with you because I mostly sat in a med tank :).
It's just a complicated situation and you polarize in a positive and negative sense.
It will probably never change and I definitely don't have any good advice.

Guest NoPopularOpinion
10 hours ago, Sarie said:

Depends on a lot of different factors. If other high skill infantry players see poi on enemy team they may just play tanks or any other role to try and save their own KD or prevent their stats from being ruined on the leaderboard. Other times it can be related to the state of the match. HoN/Bar dead, PP/Ref dead (can't afford buying snipers or whatever infantry to fight) or just don't want to exert that much effort to try and fight.

Well maybe it is a explanation in a game with poi, but never seen anybody else with a k/d >100 kills and <10 deaths, even the mention players from poi. If players had a high kill rate >50, they had a usally >10 deaths, and this is also not the normal case for this game.

10 hours ago, Sarie said:

RenX community is not always the most friendly. I personally can attest to this as I have played under many names, including my main name and gotten hate for playing as infantry and not having a KD close to poi's. Even recently seen someone harassing another sniper for being a sniper, even while not playing as sniper in that match. Maybe it's too hopeful to assume people could be at least half civil in-game. While I can't say I particularly blame anyone for being annoyed, I don't think it needs to be taken to the extreme that it is.

4 hours ago, poi said:

but i never got called names or people telling me to die because of my playstyle or calling me psychotic because of my playstyle too.

Nobody said, that it is OK to attack people personally. But that happens when you become emotionally charged over long periods of time.

4 hours ago, poi said:

as for the "victimhood" i got kicked about 10 times in 2 days. if you wouldn't find that annoying and unfair when you're playing fair and doing nothing wrong... i dont know what to tell you. 

Thats you're point of view. But that happens if you farm other players (it feels like that!) who have nearly no chance. They don't know what else to do.

4 hours ago, poi said:

And those people leaving the game when they get killed those are most likely the casual players that don't aim to get better, if you want to get better at a game you have to learn and die A LOT. it doesn't come just like that. 

It is ok if you want to get better in a game and I dont say dont try to get better, but the most people just want to play to have fun and relax, and what this does to newbs who play it for the first times and then meet you is also clear what happens - they delete the game and never come back - because they say: "there is a aimbotter and the mods do nothing" (short version). They think you get covered and it is accepted in the community that there are cheaters. Thats not my personal opionion, but I heard it several times, I dont know skill or cheating - I dont care about that - the results count.

The best thing would be, it would be possible for you to play on a server with similar skilled people.

From my point of view this is going nowhere and I dont wanna post again, because it is useless - I have that feeling you dont want to understand what triggers your gamemates to play against you and just feeling like the victim or you wanna have a medal to make people mad and take them fun of playing? I dont know and care, for me it is easy: If I dont can play tank on maps with you, I just leave the server.

You have to live with such discussions like that when you play as exposed as you are.

It is ok if you want to get better in a game and I dont say dont try to get better, but the most people just want to play to have fun and relax, and what this does to newbs who play it for the first times and then meet you is also clear what happens - they delete the game and never come back - because they say: "there is a aimbotter and the mods do nothing" (short version). They think you get covered and it is accepted in the community that there are cheaters. Thats not my personal opionion, but I heard it several times, I dont know skill or cheating - I dont care about that - the results count.

The best thing would be, it would be possible for you to play on a server with similar skilled people.

From my point of view this is going nowhere and I dont wanna post again, because it is useless - I have that feeling you dont want to understand what triggers your gamemates to play against you and just feeling like the victim or you wanna have a medal to make people mad and take them fun of playing? I dont know and care, for me it is easy: If I dont can play tank on maps with you, I just leave the server.

You have to live with such discussions like that when you play as exposed as you are.

I play to have fun and relax too, we were all noobs when we started i got destroyed when i started too. If people leave because they're getting destroyed i don't think any FPS game would fit them... Nowadays every game is one big sweat city. in every game there will be players that stand out in skill specially in small communitys. for example in fortnite you have the extreme building pro's - in cod you have the quickscopers - in apex legends you have the insane movement and aim people destroying everyone in the lobby. here you have a handful snipers that seem to love playing infantry and are quite good at it. something you wont be able to control in a small community. 

I understand what triggers people but we're not all the same and i refuse to completely change my playstyle because people seem to keep dying and get mad. they should work on staying calm and realize it's just a game. and if you play to have fun and relax by using free infantry or tanks or repairs you gonna die anyway. if not by a handful of "skilled" players you'll die by tanking pro's or anything. 

Besides i think everyone should be able to play the way they want too play, you don't see me name calling people that kill me with their tanks or mines or whatever. if you die. ok happens move on. it's just a game 😄

Edited by poi

Guess my reaction will not change anything, but still....

The problem, but here I am repeating myself again like so many times, is that snipers / people with good aim usually stack aka 'play with friends' (which is basically playing with equal skilled people to have less competition sadly...) This effect becomes worse when others also try to switch to the winning / better team leaving the other team with new players and afks. Seen games starting with 5 till 10 afks on one side and where that faction lost the harvester multiple times (or even buildings) before the teams even got remotely balanced. When the teams were equal number wise, the game was allready basically over... 

The last weeks were often horrible with 9 out of 10 games a single sided roflstomp (at least the ones which I played). One evening we had 7 games in 70 minutes or less... Even if I am in the team who 'wins' a game with no effort it still feels like a loss.... Also after it there was nobody on the server. So in the end everybody loses with these games, yet people fail to see....

Yesterday you ( @poi ) were so fair to change to another team to balance out snipers a bit. Too bad some other people changed sides quickly so they wouldn't have to compete against you. I guess from all snipers only @Minji (who joined later and also got accused of stacking and / or aimbotting, while I've never seen her change teams / reconnecting during the games yesterday) was on the opposite team most of the games. The average game yesterday night had 4 or 5 super good snipers in one team round after round while basically having no competition on the other side. The result...? One team baselocked and getting farmed, people ragequiting, next game tons of afks, snipers on one team again, team getting baselocked and a repeat of previous game....

The other result: people like you (Poi) getting blamed / votekicks started. Fair? No... Expectable... Sadly yes...

I understand that you (refering to Poi still) get the blame. While it is not completly fair, since for example yesterday, you tried to help with balance I guess this is due the known history of very often joining together with multiple good snipers / aimers always on the same team. It was no coincidence some people were with you the majority of the time in the past. It will take time to build a new reputation and get rid of this negative image I assume...

Also... But this was stated many times before:
- A system to balance playerskills would solve this problem partly
- Disabling / making it harder to switch sides also
- 'Press play to join' at start would reduce afks and benefit balance / reduce roflstomps
- Afks should be kicked / moved to spectator (if possible) to balance
- Frequent afks (there are some people who are afk a lot should be warned / tbanned)

But likely nothing will change and in 3 months we will have another topic about this, with a different title, but the same context...

Hope people will stop the votekicks and that players with good skills will consider spreading over teams. Might be a win-win situation for everyone where each player gets contested on his / hers skill level while keeping the game fair and nice for everyone.

Edited by Ryz
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 2

I made this topic with the purpose to show my gameplay to the people that think i might be cheating but it changed to this kind of topic again. 

@Ryz  sadly i cannot control people like reaper to not swap to my team even though i don't think he swapped just to be on my team.  but still a very nice post well said! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 4/14/2020 at 7:56 PM, poi said:

I made this topic with the purpose to show my gameplay to the people that think i might be cheating but it changed to this kind of topic again. 

@Ryz  sadly i cannot control people like reaper to not swap to my team even though i don't think he swapped just to be on my team.  but still a very nice post well said! 

idk man some people change teams just to NOT be on your team and then you PM them saying ''why are you stacking, wheres your fair play mentality'' just because youre loosing a match? idk..

Edited by Guest

Guest Once Upon the time

A sniper should only be able to snip if he has a "resting position". With the other weapons he can keep running, bounce whatever and shoot.
A player with a good aim will also achieve a high K / D.
Would benefit the game as well as the new players.
I can already hear the sniper's outcry, has been weakened enough (nerfed).
Those with a good aim will do less kills when snipping than with other weapons, but a good aim remains.
I know this is very unpopular for some now, but snip while jumping, tse tse.

Stay healthy :)

A sniper should only be able to snip if he has a "resting position". With the other weapons he can keep running, bounce whatever and shoot.

No, I agree with this, I hate seeing snipers able to run, jump, run and shoot all at the same time... I'd like them either resting on the ground or forced into a fixed cover position on a rock, crate or a stable standing position. 

• Like 2

Guest Once Upon the time

Funnily, this is usually not noticed here in OffTopic anyway.
For me it is not about a special person, but about the way the sniper can be played. Then why shouldn't the players do it?
Sniping during a "movement" in a non-resting position is nonsense and breaks the gameplay.
Snipers have another weapon at their disposal with which you can shoot during movements. The weapon just has to be changed more often in an emergency.
A good aim remains a good aim, regardless of the weapon. Here you can also say what some say to the new players: you just have to learn.
But nothing will change, since there is still a group thinking and some do not want to scare away their long-time "friends".
Stay healthy and still have fun

• 2 weeks later...