Improving Mining

NodSaibot

Ive seen it and i love it.
Being able to see the trigger radius is great, especially if you are a new player.
However i love it even more because I CAN SEE WHERE THE MINES ARE AND AREN'T!!! :D

Yesterday on lakeside, was an epic match that ended up being refinery versus refinery and i was 1 out of 3 remaining hottys on GDI.
since we mined in bushes and grass around the ref (and hiding mines on WF stairs to protect the AA) it was WAY easier to see where we needed to remine aswell as assessing where to put them. no more mouse scanning every bush and patch of grass to find out which mine Nod stepped on.

Btw, got curious about that "full coverage for infiltration from every window on the HoN" mining, that hologram clearly shows a very convient gap in middle, something a tiny hotty might crouch through xD
I did some testing, couldn't get an informative screenshot of me failing and dying but its basically this line.
Any mines planted to the right of that red line is too far back and will leave a gap a hotty can squeeze through if going 100% straight in the middle ramp while crouching.
DON'T look at the mines while under them, cus your hitbox will move and you will die before you can take a screenshot.

honmining.thumb.png.41047f8faae79214aecd5fc02db1100e.png

Edited by Syntharn

• Totem Arts Staff
21 hours ago, Syntharn said:

Btw, got curious about that "full coverage for infiltration from every window on the HoN" mining, that hologram clearly shows a very convient gap in middle, something a tiny hotty might crouch through xD

I've tested it, the trigger radius isn't exact, you can't sneak through it. There's also a second timer that has a larger radius that checks less frequently and will cause the mine to detonate if you're sitting next to it or too long

13 hours ago, Gliven said:

Is there anyway to show stacked mines? Maybe a different colour holographic frame? I think that would be pretty handy too.

Do you mean mines that are already placed or mines that need to be placed?

• Like 1

There's also a second timer that has a larger radius that checks less frequently and will cause the mine to detonate if you're sitting next to it or too long

Do i understand this correctly?    A proximity mine has two zones it considers and one is tied to a timer of some length?   

What length of time?   How to the two areas compare?

• Totem Arts Staff
17 hours ago, Gliven said:

@Sarie Is there anyway to show stacked mines? Maybe a different colour holographic frame? I think that would be pretty handy too.

Showing this somehow would be a great idea. Because that's an advanced mining tactic. The enemy might think they can get thru 1 mine.. NOPE there's 3 there 😃

The drawback currently is, unless the mine layer tells teammates, others on the same team won't know there are multiple mines there either.

• Like 1

Guest Gliven
6 hours ago, Sarie said:
19 hours ago, Gliven said:

Is there anyway to show stacked mines? Maybe a different colour holographic frame? I think that would be pretty handy too.

Do you mean mines that are already placed or mines that need to be placed?

Here's What The “Why Don't We Have Both” Girl Looks Like Now

• Totem Arts Staff
9 hours ago, roweboat said:

should be 6, since most buildings have 2 doors and typically putting 3 mines per door.

I'm all for making mining easier, the only issue I have with adding additional mines is the ability to mine the tunnels a lot easier and mining an enemy building after infiltrating. If there's some way to balance this, I am up for adding it

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, isupreme said:

another horrible idea:   mines don't work in enemy buildings?       Do  players mine in enemy buildings in any current strategies?

plz not, for sneaking it is sometimes very important to place proxys in enemy buildings

Maybe add a way to make mines weaker the further they are placed from the team's base. 

IDK maybe this is a horrible idea.

it is a horrible idea, because it makes defending for example on field very hard with mines. if a feature would added like that, I would stop to try defending via mining in tuns...

the reason why I ask for more mines was, on field I tried to defend the bar in tuns, but I felt like I was just the whole time running to get 3 mines 😕

and is not really fun to run the whole time between tuns and PT, I wanted to do other things too :)

Edited by Snow
  • Like 1

nope.  well... probably, but i get so freaking focused on the action when times get tight that I am not looking at their name.  o0  

I think the term is Tunneling.     When you get close to the goal you tend to block out other inputs.  Which ofc is why communications in this game is so important.    Both in game and out.

Support  Anti Tank Mines  TRiGGeR RadiuS   Today!

AT Guild.forever

• Like 2