5.3 Feedback/Bug Reports

boxes

Ive seen people going forwards and shooting backwards. (prolly graphical glitch)

Disconnected from server, within few minutes client closed itself as i was looking for new server to join.

I have noticed more audio taunts playing, some i hadnt hear before.

Sunset map overview map appeared pixelated.

assuch.thumb.jpg.b57a47b093964d37a3b628668fc94095.jpg

forgot to say: Settings was reset to default after patch.

Edited by Eagle XI
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Eagle XI said:

happens whenever there is an update....

Ive seen people going forwards and shooting backwards. (prolly graphical glitch)

yh, the whole movement display / animation is totally fucked up while you're running / shooting / moving sidewards... really annoying :(

new (LCG) taunts were added some patches ago

PS: the map is called CNC-Sunrise, not Sunset :P

Edited by DarkSn4ke

• Totem Arts Staff
5 hours ago, DarkSn4ke said:

happens whenever there is an update....

17 hours ago, Eagle XI said:

Should only be a few specific updates that actually target system settings... At least it doesn't reset mine every time. 

6 hours ago, DarkSn4ke said:

Voice audio slider is probably just reset and louder than what you had it. Personally keep mine at 40% since for some reason there's this huge jump between like 30-50 iirc

6 hours ago, DarkSn4ke said:
17 hours ago, Eagle XI said:

Known. Fixed. 

• Thanks 1

• Totem Arts Staff
20 hours ago, Eagle XI said:

Disconnected from server, within few minutes client closed itself as i was looking for new server to join.

Sunset map overview map appeared pixelated.

assuch.thumb.jpg.b57a47b093964d37a3b628668fc94095.jpg

Not sure why that happened... it showed for me correctly on the editor before I pushed it. Reimported anyway, so hopefully that fixes it.

• Totem Arts Staff
7 hours ago, dr.schrott said:

Regarding the out of video memory, it appears that this is related to the x32 client.

Did not experience this issue on x64 client.

Since the last patch, in the x32 client, the error pops up during  the start of the game, just few seconds after joining the game !

I've been experiencing this issue since Beta 5.1 ... so its nothing new but seems to be getting worse. like a sickness.

You could help out by typing "stat memory" in the console to observe what mem seems to be filled. (No im not doing it myself as I don't have the game installed atm and are more an advisor at this point. If players still want progress for this 10 year old game they get to help out with stuff themselves)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• Totem Arts Staff
10 hours ago, RypeL said:

You could help out by typing "stat memory" in the console to observe what mem seems to be filled. (No im not doing it myself as I don't have the game installed atm and are more an advisor at this point. If players still want progress for this 10 year old game they get to help out with stuff themselves)

Thanks I'll see what I can find out.

• Totem Arts Staff
41 minutes ago, Ryz said:

Found a new bug:
When someone bumps into your vehicle while repairing (can even be a unit) the vehicle moves and you auto enter it. 

I've been looking at this, just noticed it myself a few minutes ago. It doesn't happen every time though. I have an idea why it happens, and should be easy to fix. (temp fix, just dont stand super close, lol)

2 hours ago, Sarah! said:

I've been looking at this, just noticed it myself a few minutes ago. It doesn't happen every time though. I have an idea why it happens, and should be easy to fix. (temp fix, just dont stand super close, lol)

Problem is that, in a busy battlefield, you also get pushed towards the vehicle.

This has to do with the 'auto enter' a 'neutral' vehicle if it spawns from a crate, which was added to the game recently. 

• Totem Arts Staff

I haven't had much time to play test new patch.

But overall I think a great feature would be to add more direct hotkeys for commander mode. Basically between trying to type out team commands, then coordinate attacks and while still hitting a bunch more keys, while trying to say aim a cruise missle and give a buff, gets a bit crazy.

I'm sure some of you know what I mean. trying to lead a tank charge (holding foward key), switching to chat (team chat key), bring up commander mode (alt+c), select option (number), activate it (hold q). Repeat. 

What if commander mode wasn't tied to the same interface as the vote commands? Not sure if that's in the works, but I feel many aren't even wiling to try commander mode just because it is so confusing at first.

Lol, I pressed surrender like that instead of going to buff. The result was the same, cause I couldn't buff and the rush failed :P Was tired and mixed up some keys while trying to be quick.

It would indeed by handy to have some of these keys changed, but I dont know how. Leading a rush when your vehicle gets destroyed is also very annoying cause you have to get back in the vehicle of a teammate while you can't use the 'E' key cause you are in a commander menu.

Edited by Ryz
  • Haha 2

• Totem Arts Staff
11 hours ago, Ryz said:

Problem is that, in a busy battlefield, you also get pushed towards the vehicle.

This has to do with the 'auto enter' a 'neutral' vehicle if it spawns from a crate, which was added to the game recently. 

I know, I added that feature. I changed it a bit and tested it last night and I think it's fixed.

• Totem Arts Staff
On 6/11/2018 at 2:02 AM, RypeL said:

I thought it odd that the game shows 0 physical memory being used, all virtual memory. I was testing on the map that seems to give the most issues (Outposts) and Virtual Memory was using a constant 1.11GB. Didn't running into any memory spikes or crashes that time of course.

I'll keep testing.

• Totem Arts Staff
7 hours ago, Mauritius said:

Hi, I have downloaded the new version but the game is not working, any thoughts plz?

Try to reset the game on the launcher in the settings menu on the launcher. Generally, if it isnt starting then it's a permissions issue on the folder. 

• 1 month later...

2 weeks ago I had completely fresh frmatted and installed my whole Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit system.

.NET v4.7.2 has been installed.

I had just downloaded and installed RenX. Tried to join the Constructive Server. Game crashed.

Was back to the server list and launcher. Nothing was being able to be selected, just to exit the launcher.

I quit and restarted RenX Launcher. Joined to main menu only this time. Set the settings. Quit RenX to save the new settings.. save is save.

Back to the launcher, nohting could be selected again, just the quit/exit button.

EDIT_001:

Tried to join a server again. Crash:

World RenX-FrontEndMap.TheWorld not cleaned up by garbage collection!
   World RenX-FrontEndMap.TheWorld [target]
   HttpRequestWindows Transient.HttpRequestWindows_0 (root) (DelegateProperty Engine.HttpRequestInterface:__OnProcessRequestComplete__Delegate)

System.Runtime.InteropServices.SEHException error in UDK:

Eine externe Komponente hat eine Ausnahme ausgelöst.

bei GuardedMainWrapper(Char* , HINSTANCE__* , HINSTANCE__* , Int32 )
   bei ManagedGuardedMain(Char* CmdLine, HINSTANCE__* hInInstance, HINSTANCE__* hPrevInstance, Int32 nCmdShow)Address = 0x7640c54f (filename not found) [in C:\Windows\syswow64\KERNELBASE.dll]
Address = 0x14e91b1  (filename not found) [in E:\Renegade X\Binaries\Win32\UDK.exe]
Address = 0x1524d63  (filename not found) [in E:\Renegade X\Binaries\Win32\UDK.exe]

crsh.. crash.. crash...

this is not funny at all... at a fresh installed system and a fresh install of RenX

ReportArchive.rar

EDIT_002:

Added DxDiags 32-bit & 64-bit

DxDiag-32bit.txt

DxDiag-64bit.txt

EDIT_003:

Launching the launcher, starting to main menu, goto Multiplayer, select a server, join it!!! >>> Works!!

Starting via Launcher crashes.

EDIT_004:

The Task Bar shows all processes.. and when I quit RenX. the task bar showed about 5 GB of precesses i had to quit manually....

ERMMM........ do anything??!

Edited by N3tRunn3r
added crash reports

• NodSaibot locked and unpinned this topic