[MAP] CNC-Prototype

hello everyone

I'm still new to this whole mapping thing but I will try my best

this map will be the aftermath of Mission 10 NOD from tiberium sun and heres a little history:

The Mammoth Mk. II prototype underwent testing at a GDI United Kingdom facility. Test targets included civilian construction,  Wolverines , Mammoth tanks, and remote-piloted Orca fighters. The walker was put into production while still in development. Immature technology restricted deployment and sectors with Mk. II's could usually support only one at a time. The Mammoth Mk. II was first deployed in the GDI mission Destroy Prototype Facility where it shot down all of the Banshee aircraft and single-handedly reduced the facility to ruin.

this is the basic map layout

10nod.jpg.d150d8c4b69eda7c8833f46822e8ffcd.jpg

so like I said before, this will be the aftermath of the assault on the prototype facility, but unknowingly to NOD, GDI had a second prototype already built

the prototype will be sitting in a destroyed GDI base (the one destroyed with the first offence).... a river will cut the map in half just like the original map layout. NOD and gdi will start on opposing sides from the river, the facility will be on the other side

I REALLY WANT TO SEE THE MAMMOTH  MKII IN ACTION, so I will try my best to make this map scale fit it

as for spawning the mammoth.... it will be via capturable MCT somewhere near it (as soon as I find out how to do it ) i also want to make capturing the mammoth a bit challenging.... ( I dnt know if its possible to do) the compound will be heavily damaged after the first NOD assault, and the remaining defences will be malfunctioning, and will shoot at anyone who gets close enough (the aim of it is to prevent anyone from gaining an early advantage in the game by taking command of the mammoth too soon....... i really hope it can be done .... somehow)

so far i did basic terrain features like river and some hills.... ive been working on modeling the facility containing the mammoth

here are some screenshots of it1.thumb.jpg.7624392390ec684c105d6f4c26a834ac.jpg2.thumb.jpg.cb123a3f61b444461933a06bdbc26f65.jpg4.thumb.jpg.fe0c75c261e8fe809116374e0a41e74b.jpg

the map is still in its early design stages... i got no materials or asses in yet besides this compound.... and I'm still a really nooby map maker :P

this is a far shot of the surrounding area3.thumb.jpg.9058c99dcacdc8f89c1c324213dc0e6f.jpg

hope you guys like it :)

i still have a lot to learn to make this one work..... hope i manage to pull it through :)

PS: tx @TK0104 and @kenz3001 for your youtube videos.... they are coming in really handy and helpful :)

• Like 4

Check out the Landscape Material in Reservoir, it has distance blending, if you use that you'll see less tiling on your grass texture.

Also included in that grass layer is a function that automatically applies a rock/sand texture to steep parts of your landscape, that could save you a lot of time with painting your landscape.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Henk said:

Check out the Landscape Material in Reservoir, it has distance blending, if you use that you'll see less tiling on your grass texture.

Also included in that grass layer is a function that automatically applies a rock/sand texture to steep parts of your landscape, that could save you a lot of time with painting your landscape.

Advise well noted

I will check it out.... im still currently learning how to use sdk and especially materials and textures

Guess i will have to watch kenz's videos for more details

Tx for the advise :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/26/2017 at 11:31 AM, Marinealver said:

I take it Mammoth Mk2 is decor and not functional (although if it was you would have to make it more of a moving building that shoots like a Adv Guard Tower). So will Titans/Wolverines and Banshees be in this map as well or is it sticking to TDawn units?

to be honest i dont really know if mammoth is functional or just a decoration

im working on this map to scale fit a mommoth in it (Even tho work on it has slowed down cz work is killing me :( )

38 minutes ago, Madkill40 said:

The Nod base with the two strips is going to be inaccessible and just for decoration, right? 

Otherwise, there may be an issue.

Unless this is going to be a multiplayer mission map? But that may require some kismet.

the NOD base with 2 strips is the destroyed base from the first assault on the facility (i was thinking of adding a capturable MCT and a vehicle PAD)

the active bases are the ones above the river line (normal bases with 1 bldg each) 

so far im almost done with the basic map layout but i still have a looooooong way to go ..... i still also have the Kismet work ( i have below 0 experience with kismet but i will learn)

i will also have to rework the inf path .... add decorations.... fix terrain....add river.....add landscape elements.......

pfffffffffffffff so much work but it will get there ..... eventually

im open to any suggestions :) 

• Like 1

• Totem Arts Staff

Well, that is just the beginnig, You'll have to cull the shit out of this map.

If you want you can upload the map and, if you have one, the package and I would take a closer look on it in the SDK.

8 hours ago, TK0104 said:

@Arch__nemesis Quite good landscape for a first map. Looks like the one from CNC-Storm. True?

Naaaaa man trust me.... i am an architect and i know how shitty it is to copy someone else's work

This map is all me... ill upload it and u can see for urself (im still learning by watching ur vids anf kenz's.... and i have a loooong way to go)

I may have stolen ur outpost idea :P ..... but just the idea .....  its design is all me 

:)

• Like 1

Looks good but honestly I doubt if this will play well in a multiplayer match.. I have a feeling that it's to open and leaves to much room for players. If you gotta walk more than 1 minute to the enemy base the match gets boring quite soon. I'd suggest to properly block off the area's that are not part of the main gameplay and keep the background decoration as decoration..

11 hours ago, Ruud033 said:

Looks good but honestly I doubt if this will play well in a multiplayer match.. I have a feeling that it's to open and leaves to much room for players. If you gotta walk more than 1 minute to the enemy base the match gets boring quite soon. I'd suggest to properly block off the area's that are not part of the main gameplay and keep the background decoration as decoration..

advise well noted... thank u :)

The second silo looks unfairly distanced from the Nod base compared to the silo nearest GDI.

The GDI Refinery might be a little too far out of the way? The GDI base looks odd but it may look different from the ground.

Nod's base seems very spread out by comparison, all buildings need to have a moderately fair distance between one another.

The time it takes for a harvester dump needs to be the same for each team, which by looking at the map doesn't seem likely.

• Arch-nemesis changed the title to [MAP] CNC-Prototype