[Map] CNC-Toxicity

Madkill40

As Frostbite continues to have issues (and since I have been so persistent in refusing to give up on Frostbite) I have started a complete fresh and used what I've learned from numerous mistakes to create a smaller, ideal proportionate map.

Introducing CNC-Toxicity.

yeeeee.thumb.jpg.49078f746a0f891c623d973f45ae5eb1.jpg

CNC-Ttop.thumb.png.ceada29b8d7fcd98fa1caa724130e9d6.png

CNC-Ttop2.thumb.png.cf5d21c1960262b4c6166d7875cabc36.png

CNC-T.thumb.png.31524197402fc7742d0b78018e2b7d3e.png

3 Buildings per team,

1 Team silo, [Destructible]

Potentially either a Comm. C. or a Silo to capture in the middle.

Both routes for both sides are infantry only to an extent.

There will be numerous infantry tunnels through the middle of the map.

I may include defensive buildings such as Guard Towers and Gun Turrets.

Edited by Madkill40
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Madkill40 said:

Both routes for both sides are infantry only to an extent.

Could you specify that? Or: you're not sure about the basic map layout yet?

gnkUGOIDQXuzYx11lElh3Q.png

[Or am I plain wrong? :D]

Is it possible to make topographic screenshots in SDK?

Though I have no clue about the topography, the side entrances remind me of Gobi, narrow chokepoints.

4 hours ago, Madkill40 said:

(and since I have been so persistent in refusing to give up on Frostbite)

So you're not giving up on Frostbite yet? You'll finish it?

Edited by DarkSn4ke

• Totem Arts Staff

I think the silo's are a bit too far from the base. Maybe put it something closer to the base...

But I like the setting! When I think of Toxicity, I'm thinking of toxic rain falling out of the sky. Maybe an idea....

Also don't make the Tiberium field(s) too far from the Refinery or it will take ages to get some credits. (I wish we could control the speed of the Harverster)

Edited by TK0104

I'd figure most distances for times and such are close to CNC-Tunnels proportions in regards to Harvester dump time ( @TK0104 ) as well as how long it takes to get to one base from another base. ( @Henk )

Depending on the route you take, the WF and HoN should be equally exposed but defendable by vehicles to some extent, but infiltrated by infantry.

The basic idea to this map is keeping everything close, but forcing both teams to be evenly spread.

I need help with the GDI Gun Turret Voodoo which was done on Woods, thankfully CNC-Tunnels had a simpler CnP process for the Guard Towers. (:

Progress is coming along nicely and I was thinking of having it rain however I dislike the animation style for the rain in the UDK, I'd rather ... well, I'm really not... at liberty to say... ;)

• Like 1

• Totem Arts Staff

@Madkill40 Check out Mesa for the rain. I know it's not nice looking in UDK but then you have something. To make it more realistic use some materials from the Mesa package since that has a lot you could use

2 hours ago, TK0104 said:

@Madkill40 Check out Mesa for the rain. I know it's not nice looking in UDK but then you have something. To make it more realistic use some materials from the Mesa package since that has a lot you could use

Not sure if something's up with my settings, but I can only see the rain on Mesa if I look up (rain only renders on visible parts of the sky).

• Totem Arts Staff
8 hours ago, Tomcat_ said:

Not sure if something's up with my settings, but I can only see the rain on Mesa if I look up (rain only renders on visible parts of the sky).

No that's for everyone to prevent the rain falling through the buildings and cave

On 7-7-2017 at 1:07 PM, Madkill40 said:

@Ruud033 is there some specific way to undo/remove the grass and lighter dirt of your Crashsite materials after the landscape has been painted? (If Ctrl+Z is not an option)

Or should I have looked for a materials package which didn't have the word 'Test' in it?

Not sure if you just want to remove the layer or alter the layer here. 

If you want to remove the painted layer just delete the layer.

If you like to get rid of the textures to save up space and or optimise/alter the texture, you'd have to copy the material to your own package and customize it there. You always have to use 1 material for the landscape. What I'd do in your situation is just copy the CS material over to your own package and reassign it to the landscape, that way you get to keep your paintjob. You can edit layers/textures after.

What is the time walking from b2b? and driving?

The map is 70% there, further decoration is needed but the map as for gameplay needs some testing.

Harvesters have been checked and they work accordingly and are only around 6 seconds apart on the dumping time. (Nod Harvester is faster) However enabling bots may hinder the Harvesters ability to follow pathnodes properly.

Minimap has been included.

Full credits for others mappers' items used will be made upon map finish.

4 Gun Turrets per team, 3 Guard Towers per team. About 3m 45s Nod Harvester dump. About 3m 51s GDI Harvester dump. The silos will get you to 1000 credits before first Harvester dump. This map is tiberium rich so expect to be rich quickly in this toxic land.

For some unknown reason, at the first start of this map I received the following error (See attached).

I must stress however, that after I have restarted the game, it loaded just fine... :S

Btw, are you using the latest Team Silo?

IMG_0812.jpg

Edited by limsup

@Madkill40

- minimap: lovely - one of the BEST minimaps I've seen here :)

- base size: are you kidding me :D my Hottie got footsore after spawning in the GDI Ref and running across the map to get to the WF

- Tib dmg.... o_0 remove chem soldiers to even the odds :D

- YELLOW FOG: what is THAT? xD toxic gas?

- Team Silo - ask @TK0104 for the latest version ;) and tell him to UPDATE it here

- you really have a thing with TOWER DEFENCE maps :P

Edited by DarkSn4ke
  • Like 1

Updated v0.8

Changes:

• Converted Tib Damage volumes into Blocking volumes which should reduce the amount of loose chems. 
  • Also removed the very minor tib damage volumes towards the back of the Team Silos, as Chems could just camp those parts with no issue. (seeing as how a certain checkbox in Tib_Dmg volumes did not cause damage to chems and I don't want to have to kismet chems to die from tiberium exposure in specific areas)
  • Blocking volumes added to areas reported where a person should not be.
  • Removed Team_Silo files as they are not needed to be included. (derp)
  • Added new atmospheric sound
  • Added Endgame Cam  [Will need to redo this as the first sequence is wonky for some stupid shitty s#@1!]
  • Added Map Preview Image
  • Changed Vehicle camo to 'Urban'

ToDo:

• Flesh-out bases with decorations
  • I will move the WF a little closer to the Barracks and this should put the Harvesters in line with each other as well as 
  • Likewise I will move the HoN a little bit closer to the Strip
  • More decorations will be added
  • Additional background landscapes (North (GDI Base), West (Harvester Zone) & South (Nod Base))
  • Do something with the edge of the map. (East)
  • Lower the boxes to the actual floor of the Harvester zone bridge. 
  • 'Thicken' the bridge

CannotDo:

• Change the name of the GDI Gun Turret (labelled: Guard Tower) to 'Turret' 
Edited by Madkill40

On 11-7-2017 at 10:17 AM, limsup said:

For some unknown reason, at the first start of this map I received the following error (See attached).

I must stress however, that after I have restarted the game, it loaded just fine... :S

Btw, are you using the latest Team Silo?

IMG_0812.jpg

This is because of the config file that probably does not exist

• Like 1

Guest Gliven

Team silos are not part of the zip file, so the server made me download them in-game :(

you need to buy a humvee just to get to the ref from the wf. base is super wide.

Why cant you walk behind the Barracks?

floating Tib crystals all over the place.

Weird collision along the rocks near the waterfall, and along the waters edge. Some spots you can actually walk on top of the water.

Whats the point in having those landings at mid point of the pier and not be able to get back out of the water there?

No strategic advantage for tanks to drive through the middle, maybe to flank, but its so narrow and the tiberium crystals right at the mid point makes it worse. Got my apc stuck a couple of times on the sides.

It also looks like you wanted the center to be where infantry would come and gather, and you'd have infantry battles happen. But i would never put myself in there as an infantry. You'd only go in there to help shoot tanks, but then tanks would never go in there because there is no advantage to holding that point.

Tanks will congregate around the sides while infantry would stay to the outer edges and then no one would go into the center.

You would also have a bunch of arties/mlrs hanging around near the bridge/pier lobbing shots across the map trying to hit the enemy harvester. You would have to calculate the curvature of the earth, wind speeds and the amount of toxic gas to make those shots.

My advice, shrink the bases, cut the bridge path in half, and maybe open up the center.

But that is just me, maybe im wrong and this is best map ever. 

On 14-7-2017 at 8:06 PM, Madkill40 said:

But it does exist, that's how players can use the map through the Skirmish menu if they wanted to?

True, if you made the config file properly then the guy hosting the server probably didnt add it in or put it in the right location

10 hours ago, Madkill40 said:

I was informed the Team Silos were part of the game.

No they are not part of the base game, it's a mod that @TK0104 posted under Modifications. If you don't already have the Team Silo files installed you will have to download them from the CT Testing Server via the in-game downloader.

On 7/16/2017 at 9:51 PM, CoreDefender said:

No they are not part of the base game, it's a mod that @TK0104 posted under Modifications. If you don't already have the Team Silo files installed you will have to download them from the CT Testing Server via the in-game downloader.

Perhaps the latest versions (March?) could be uploaded to update the ones on the forum here? (As only the Feb Team Silos exist) @TK0104?

• 1 month later...
  • Totem Arts Staff
1 hour ago, Madkill40 said:

Haven't tested for fps drops just yet but without collisions or shadows I can't imagine it'll cause much problems?

It loaded in okay and looks really good. ^_^

Did you culled out stuff??? Also use a Directional Light to gain 10fps

• Totem Arts Staff
1 minute ago, Veyron said:

what is culling? sorry for butting in.

Culling is adding in a number of radius to meshes/foliage/emitters/.... so they won't be visible from a distance. This fixes maps from low fps