Infantry Death

Madkill40

Engineers, Grenediers, Gunners, Flametroopers, LCGs, Chemtroopers, McFarlands, Sydneys, Raveshaws, Hotwires, Technicians and RocketSoldiers should all explode on death.

Gunner, LCG, Sydney, Raveshaw, Hotwire and Technician explosive deaths should be risky for heavy vehicles and quite volatile for any infanty within a close proximity.

If any of the listed units are crushed or shot or exploded to death this should result in an explosive death.

Damage upon death should be equivalent to the units' cost, damage affects all and only players.

I'm curious what effect this would have on gameplay if players as infantry and players in vehicles needed to be extra cautious of the anti-tank units. Might be useful when one team blocks anoher team in their base and killing their heals literally causes a damaging blow.

Even if this wasn't implemented in a patch but as a mutator.

Thoughts? 

Calm down Michael Bay.

Raveshaws

Oh boy, I could imagine already Raveshaws sitting on top of mammoth tanks, just melting them since killing the raveshaw would pretty much result in the mammoth tank being blown to smithereens, so everyone can just slowly watch the mammy die lol. 

Engineers, Hotwires, Techs

Yeah... Good that you added this only affects players. Otherwise I'd be just saying "Lemme just stand right next to this MCT here, thank you." 
But even still, this would make infiltration very very painful. Even when spotted, a dead hotwire suddenly rips apart an entire repair squad in a chain reaction. A hotwire explodes, killing the tech whom detonates, who blows up the tech next to him etc etc.

Besides, if you'd let repair units explode on death this would negate the idea of "let repairs hide behind vehicles so they are safe from death", since every driver would just abandon their repairs cause they wouldn't want their tanks to be blown up by their own repairs. 

I think I've already brought up enough examples as to why nobody should write a mutator for this, since this would just rip balance apart like Schwarzenegger does to phone books. 

However, I wouldn't mind this:

Flametroopers, Chemwarriors

I don't remember if this was true in OG Ren MP, but in SP they definetly had some splash on death. At least chems. Freaking annoying. However, that would give them an interesting buff if it'd only affect enemies, forcing players to kill flamers and chems on distance, otherwise they'd be punished for their sloppiness. 

(If anyone wants to make a mutator that makes every infantry class just burst into a colorful explosion (without damage), I would love to see this for April fools on CT.) 

• Like 2

• Totem Arts Staff

For Flame Troopers it's maybe a good idea. Check Out BF1 Flame Trooper:

(Skip to 1:42 and don't look at the title :P)

But in BF1 Flamers have those huge tanks that catches fire when it gets shot. We don't have that in RenX since everything is built in the weapon itself. If Flamers had these tanks it would be nice.

In the final stages of the Ren Beta Flamers HAD these tanks but got removed before it's first release. Only Mendoza in Ren has the tank but in RenX not.

commandandconquerrenegade1.png

Chem Troopers had these tanks aswell in the Ren Beta and got also removed before it's first release. 

ren1.jpg

I think if Flamer, Chem or Doza had one, it would be nice but think it doesn't really fits without these huge tanks on their back. And I don't see anyone editing the current character models.

Maybe with my upcoming game artist I can do that but I'm not sure yet since I have no clue where I'm startin' with.

If flames and chems exploded then fairly Grenadiers and McFarlands should explode, but that's how I ended up with such a list as stated in the OP.

In my mind, the area of effect for the explosion would be very small, so units would have to be really close to be effected 100%.

I honestly don't think players in vehicles would keep their distance, at least not all players just the really dumb ones whereas most I think would realise they need to be more aware of their repair people and keep them protected, failure to protect your teammates results in you potentially being damaged by their death. It would not be a great deal of damage.

A Raveshaw/Sydney shouldn't do more damage than a Timed C4 to a vehicle, heck the most damage should only be 150-200 damage to a Mammoth tank. If somebody tried to run underneath your vehicle as a sacrifice then well done them for an expensive suicide bomber, it did very little or if you just stopped and shot them that should obviously do a lot less damage. [If it isn't any of the units listed below then no damage would be had to vehicles]

As said, Gunner, LCG, Sydney, Raveshaw, Hotwire and Technician should be risky to heavy vehicles, which is more to deter the light vehicles from running down anti-tank infantry. e.g. A Humvee should lose up to 75% of its health for running down any of these infantry, just to act as a deterrent. 

You could quite easily minimise this effect in that pistol and machine gun rounds don't cause infantry to explode, which makes Humvees, APCs, Buggys, and a handful of low-tier infantry safe from explosion-on-death.

The point of them exploding is that their weapons and ammunition are reacting to the type of damage being dealt, psychologically I think this would make players more aware of their surroundings in general and bring about better team work by proxy. 

would be cool to see nod units explode like flametroops or chems, dont know if it would be cool for gdi since nod was always crazier and it fits to them :P

also nod always attacks with way different tactics than gdi, why not give them a special boom? :D

by the way, i think it would be too much if gdi will also explode, you would just see explosions lol

On 6/5/2017 at 10:42 PM, Madkill40 said:

Damage upon death should be equivalent to the units' cost, damage affects all and only players.

Okay, if you're now saying it should be roundabout 150 we're slowly getting to the same page here.

I had a little discussion about this yesterday, and I stick to my opinion of only flames and chems since both are imho kind of weak compared to grenadiers and fartlands. Teamdamage shouldn't be in effect. Besides, I'd make the effect pretty little. Say, 25 dmg from the flamer in close proximity, and 20 tiberium damage from the chem. 

Should only affect infantry and damage is no more than a single grenade launcher (grenadier's) attack. All damage is the same whether it's flamethrower or sydney except maybe the chem warrior could have a little poison effect. If this is gonna be implemented, that is.

Ammunitions on specific infantry explode when non-standard rounds kill them dead.

The damage done is small, depending on the type of infantry you are when affected will decide the burn damage as well. (If any)

Worst case scenario; if a Sydney/Raveshaw explode right next to an engineer (weakest unit regarding health and armour) then the engineer should suffer upto 85% of its health.

Minimalist damage scenario;If a

engineer explodes right next to a Raveshaw/Sydney then the R/S should suffer upto 10% maximum.

Explosive deaths being able to domino (i.e. explosive death triggering another explosive death) is debatable.

Veterency should make no difference to damage of explosive death, damage recieved is dependent on your units buff from veterency rank so a Gunner would be less affected at higher veterency by default. -Point here being veterency should not have to be modified to accomodate explosive deaths-

13 hours ago, djlaptop said:

I'm not crazy about this idea, but if it ever was implemented I think the explosion would need to affect friendly units as well.

I figured that went without saying considering if engis/techs/hottys exploded they'd damage vehicles. (Friendly ones included)

The units affected the most from this would and should be light vehicles such as APCs, Buggys, Humvees. 

Meds and LTanks/Stanks, MRLS & Artys the same as each other.

Mammys and Flames the same.

Edited by Madkill40

On ‎6‎/‎6‎/‎2017 at 11:29 PM, djlaptop said:

I'm not crazy about this idea, but if it ever was implemented I think the explosion would need to affect friendly units as well.

Only if friendly fire is enabled, and even that is debatable. If implemented, the explosion shouldn't affect allied units due to griefing capability.

If death is by suicide then allies shouldn't be hurt, if that is at all possible. In this case the only way a suicide can occur with explosive death is if a unit with remote C4s self-destructs or if a player is standing next to their own timed c4 for long enough. Seems unlikely.