[Level] CNC-Cliffside (again)

Luhrian

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Totem Arts Staff

I just noticed, that the actor who made the problems and the APC are not the same. The actor, which made the problems, have the destroyed APC as Static Mesh, but you don't see anything if you select it over the map check. The APC have the same Static Mesh, but that one is not making any problems and visible.

5956d2d33f347_Screenshot(29).thumb.png.18b3fbb86bfc4638183b85926639c5a2.png

Unvisible Actor

5956d2e2582f3_Screenshot(30).thumb.png.a1860783c096140822522b9049e76d16.png

Visible Actor

I'm not sure if that is really fixable, sometimes things like are just happening.

(Got on Forest nearly the same problem with some Colisions. Will start working on it in 2 weeks.)

Edit: You can't notice that you have 2 different actors from the last number, you notice it from the first. My mistake. In this case you see on the first picture ...StaticMeshActor_2650... and on the second picture ...StaticMeshActor_2651...

Edited by Luhrian

• Totem Arts Staff

New Version is now online

I'm now for 2 weeks not at home, but sometimes I will take a look inside the forum. If we don't have any big problem, this map can run on the public servers.

EDIT: .rar file corrupted!! @Luhrian Repackage and reupload your map, everything but the .upk file failed to archive properly. 

1 hour ago, Luhrian said:

5956d0f84385c_Screenshot(26).thumb.png.545f1cdb5013805926f705db01a6e307.png

Well there is an problem with that APC. I just pressed "Go To" and got to this point.

Maybe someone can fix that problem in the next SDK version.

You did realise that it is possible to just click on an item in the list and then just click the 'delete' button, right?

Those are some odd looking ripples.

Edited by Madkill40

• Totem Arts Staff
1 hour ago, Madkill40 said:

EDIT: .rar file corrupted!! @Luhrian Repackage and reupload your map, everything but the .upk file failed to archive properly.

Sometimes it is showing me that all got uploaded, but only the half was uploaded. Is already fixed since like 1 hour.

• Like 1

This is a Technical Service Bulletin from Try-Out

Try_avatar.png.2e4c01d125f32bd419e5d509e6f75c42.png

"Luhrian must know that his CliffSide .zip File contains a double of the .mp4 and the .upk File in the wrong folder. It causes an Error-message, if you install this as it is... Apart from this issue, and the ones shown in the screenshots, the map is fine now."

Edited by limsup
  • Like 1

@Luhrian, just put a blocking volume along the ceiling of the tunnels and in the properties click the 'block camera' box.

Them trees might be the cause of an FPS drop, it could also be because that is the direction of the GDI base and you haven't laid out any post-processing volumes throughout the map just yet? I'd still say its the trees though.

UPDATE: Now Cliffside causes the following error if you start RenX:

"Ambiguous package name"

I think that I may have found a few minor things... (Gallery updated with screenshot of the package name error)

http://imgur.com/a/LKTGz

(Oh why oh why does this IPB hate my imgur galleries so much in the recent days?? They always showed in the past with preview, and now only as links :-/ ) 

Edited by limsup
UPDATE

• Totem Arts Staff
On 4.7.2017 at 1:08 AM, limsup said:

Luhrian must know that his CliffSide .zip File contains a double of the .mp4 and the .upk File in the wrong folder. 

This message and your error are the same problem. Just do what I always miss to do. Put it in the right one.

Try-Out's screenshots:

Spoiler

DynamicShaddowOffNOTFIXED.thumb.jpg.939a09ebfa7b1ee5dc86981790967d9a.jpg

Dynamic shadow OFF (see above)

DynamicshaddowOnNOTFIXED.thumb.jpg.b1e86a450c49de3713ae5ae051b2e29b.jpg

Dynamic shadow ON (see above)

FloatingFencePolesNOTFIXED.thumb.jpg.638b6f762f935eb08284d3368e33571e.jpg

Floating fence poles still remain...

IsCamNotBlockableNOTFIXED.thumb.jpg.4c5170abbde71bde3ebd23f62ff8756a.jpg

Camera still not blocked...

PossibleStuckForSomeCharsNOTFIXED.thumb.jpg.d50785accf2484d75c4280619558eb3a.jpg

Some characters get stuck here...

StuckBetweenDestroyedTankAndRocks.thumb.jpg.a5aad403cd0f3aa7b59554df7e7a36dd.jpg

Stuck between Tank wreckage and rocks...

WhatTheFuckIsThisCollision1.thumb.jpg.db095cc994fa305ca17ee27ecfe7b5ac.jpg

:o

WhatTheFuckIsThisCollision2.thumb.jpg.be2c6dbd9bed303da936d89fd25c9f91.jpg

Server log - warning messages

Spoiler

[0033.12] Log: Total Polygon Area invalid: 0.000000
[0043.67] Warning: Warning, Failed to compile Material Instance CNC-CliffSide.Text.Landscape_mat1_INST with Base Landscape_mat1 for platform PC-D3D-SM3, Default Material will be used in game.

[0048.48] ScriptWarning: Accessed None 'myBuilding'
    Rx_BuildingObjective CNC-CliffSide.TheWorld:PersistentLevel.Rx_BuildingObjective_6
    Function RenX_Game.Rx_BuildingObjective:PostBeginPlay:0014
    Rx_BuildingObjective CNC-CliffSide.TheWorld:PersistentLevel.Rx_BuildingObjective_6
    Function RenX_Game.Rx_BuildingObjective:PostBeginPlay:003D
    Function RenX_Game.Rx_BuildingObjective:PostBeginPlay:0080
[0048.48] ScriptWarning: Attempt to assign variable through None
    Function RenX_Game.Rx_BuildingObjective:PostBeginPlay:0094
    Rx_BuildingObjective CNC-CliffSide.TheWorld:PersistentLevel.Rx_BuildingObjective_7
    Rx_BuildingObjective CNC-CliffSide.TheWorld:PersistentLevel.Rx_BuildingObjective_7
[0048.49] ScriptWarning: Accessed None 'myBuilding'
[0048.49] ScriptWarning: Attempt to assign variable through None
    Rx_BuildingObjective CNC-CliffSide.TheWorld:PersistentLevel.Rx_BuildingObjective_8
    Rx_BuildingObjective CNC-CliffSide.TheWorld:PersistentLevel.Rx_BuildingObjective_8
    Rx_BuildingObjective CNC-CliffSide.TheWorld:PersistentLevel.Rx_BuildingObjective_0
    Rx_BuildingObjective CNC-CliffSide.TheWorld:PersistentLevel.Rx_BuildingObjective_0
[0048.50] ScriptWarning: Accessed None 'myBuilding'
    Rx_BuildingObjective CNC-CliffSide.TheWorld:PersistentLevel.Rx_BuildingObjective_1
    Rx_BuildingObjective CNC-CliffSide.TheWorld:PersistentLevel.Rx_BuildingObjective_1
[0048.50] ScriptWarning: Attempt to assign variable through None

My own screenshots:

Spoiler

ScreenShot00122.thumb.jpg.fc2e6d5f060120a147ab19fd8f3b5c8d.jpgScreenShot00123.thumb.jpg.f739ffdb00a31c712ba03b3da1e89505.jpgScreenShot00125.thumb.jpg.5b41bdba2e2c9196ba753fac6cf72995.jpgScreenShot00126.thumb.jpg.0b1d3dbab324b68d8cc09ca6fe447be5.jpgScreenShot00131.thumb.jpg.ac78b8d1c2f0ac4f4e84878a0124030d.jpgScreenShot00133.thumb.jpg.5bcbd334056c6818cb3463ace60d67f9.jpgScreenShot00134.thumb.jpg.1074a22c9e4e222564b9006cda3b301c.jpgScreenShot00136.thumb.jpg.482267e29b6362cb085a54a7096c3ade.jpg

• Totem Arts Staff

Well, I don't know, had no warnigs.

I build all again and the map check said nothing.

I can't really block the tunnels, all I tried failed.

And I can't really do anything against this dynamic shadow thing.

I'm loosing my patient with this map.

Guess Try & me are patient zero ^_^ Okay, we'll stop pestering you about the cameras and shadows (neither are game-breaker), as for the warnings - Try has more info on that, I'll have to ask him for details...

But those collisions and volumes... At least let our Flame Tanks chill on that cozy little island, if you already let us go overseas with them :D

Jokes aside, we admire your hard work put in this map, and it is very close to completion! I personally think, that you have done a wonderful job, PLEASE don't stop now :$

Edited by limsup

• Totem Arts Staff

New version is now online.

I couldn't fix the whole tunnel thing from the right coner you can still look through it.

So, if you build tunnels, make always sure that the tunnel is big enough.

Updated on CT.

However before you next upload the ZIP files.

DELETE THE EXTRA FILES THAT ARE NOT NEEDED! Environment File (outside of the actual folder) and the .MP4 video that does nothing in the folder as well.

All they do is add file size and can cause conflicts on the server as it tries to determine which to use.

• Totem Arts Staff

Well, now I there is some funky stuff going on.

After the first loading there are even no lights. And if I load it the second time it is all like before with the shadows. Gonna try some more things out.

If you think you can help me with that problem feel free to open the map in the SDK.

I think, I'll fokus on Forest now first, this map is waiting for a lightning build since days :/

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Totem Arts Staff

Hey Try-Out,

it is very nice, that you put the bug reports on your FTP server, but since the new launcher update I can't see the IP, so it is pretty useless. @DarkSn4ke and @limsup could post the screens over here, or you write the IP in the server name.

Btw, @Schmitzenbergh, it would be really nice, if this feature get added again.

• Totem Arts Staff

@kenz3001

image.thumb.png.fb7c69c1a3ecbb5974e80cdf7fe6fd57.png

Cliffside is using your beach head materials. Got the beach head package an updated in one of the last patches?

If it isn't like that, I have no idea how to fix this.

image.thumb.png.0478556dca4aaea0465df21453467acc.png

This, in this case not visible, sun is form CNC-Walls like the Sun on Forest and Gobi and some other maps.

@Henk @Ruud033 @kenz3001  any idea what I could do or what you guys could do to fix this?

Edited by Luhrian

• Totem Arts Staff
6 minutes ago, Luhrian said:

@kenz3001

image.thumb.png.fb7c69c1a3ecbb5974e80cdf7fe6fd57.png

Cliffside is using your beach head materials. Got the beach head package an updated in one of the last patches?

If it isn't like that, I have no idea how to fix this.

image.thumb.png.0478556dca4aaea0465df21453467acc.png

This, in this case not visible, sun is form CNC-Walls like the Sun on Forest and Gobi and some other maps.

@Henk @Ruud033 @kenz3001  any idea what I could do or what you guys could do to fix this?

Just use the one in Canyon package OR copy the sun over to your map 

• Totem Arts Staff
2 minutes ago, TK0104 said:

Just use the one in Canyon package OR copy the sun over to your map

Ok, I'll try that.

I also got some wierd dynamic shadows in my map and I have no idea why. Any ideas?

Screenshot_(140).thumb.png.ffaff10a71d3afe132a6f4b015e0baf9.png

• Totem Arts Staff

Just checked it on 2 PC's, it got some changes.

59a58f0f5338f_Screenshot(141).thumb.png.97f99086bdada19a57c335836b6947d9.png

I think I'm just gonna rename the old beach head upk to Cliffside and that should be solved. In the SDK should be still the old version.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
Guest Gliven

A372A0E81E7732E18C4C5F28FF3AAA22655D8A18

08F1C21627EA0F13D88B9E929A6705C88B0B856C

Also check the height of GDI infantry tunnel, a big chunk of it has a barrier that prevents you from jumping very high. 

I'm not a big fan of being able to sneak into every single building except the AGT/Obby, Yes bar and airstrip are possible. This map is going to need at least 2 people watching mines at all times. This is just my opinion, i'm sure some people will appreciate this. I am also not a big fan of the tunnel under the airstrip. I absolutely hate it in Goldrush, i'm sure i will hate it in this map too.

Other than those things i actually really like the map. I think this will be a good map for higher player counts. Anyone want to playtest this map after the pug tomorrow? I want to see how the field and tiberium tunnel plays out with tank battles. @yosh56 @CampinJeff @Xeon Wraith @TK0104 @Luhrian

• Totem Arts Staff

Remember:

The map isn't from me. The idea and layout was from @Redline and I'm gonna not change too much on this layout, only if one team has a big map advantage on this map.

I'm also not a big fan of this airstrip tunnel

For now I'll just leave it like it is until the play test was going on. I don't want to make 10 new version so I'm just waiting for more bugs and problems.

But thank you for your report.

Edited by Luhrian

• Totem Arts Staff

@Luhrian Oh but dloaded latest version and that one had that issue i believe. I know it's Redline's map, but you continued his map and it's your job to improve it😉 

If he comes back and decides to work further on it you two can maybe team up...

And yeah I'm for testing this map tomorrow after PUG if it ends very early

Edited by TK0104

• 1 month later...