[Level] CNC-Cliffside (again)

Luhrian

• Totem Arts Staff

CNC-Cliffside (again)

Here is an improved version of CNC-Cliffside. I fixed some problems, for example the Harvester paths and improved some things which were not that perfect and a bit weird like the Tiberium Crystal. I hope you like it and I even more hope that Redline will like it, if he will come back to Renegade X.

But well here are all other topics about this map:

What have I done:

• get paths working, which was a pain, the Harvester just doing what they want
  • added some more decals
  • added new Tiberium
  • added Tiberium Field Volumes
  • added missing blocking volumes
  • landscape improving

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Totem Arts Staff
1 hour ago, Luhrian said:

Btw, I need someone to make a Mini Map and a preview Video for this map anyone interessted?

I could do that for you. I use endgame cameras most of the time but since this one has a bit of a crappy one (well during the period I worked on it) I probably have to redo that

Edited by TK0104

• Totem Arts Staff
7 hours ago, DarkSn4ke said:

GDI harvy gets stuck after each drop.... so nothing changed at all :P

Obelisk is not working.

I am aware of the disabled obby. I disabled it during the period I worked on it. Since I'm working on a minimap and endgame camera, I've already fixed that and I can fix GDI harvy easily. Is that OK @Luhrian?

• Totem Arts Staff

6 hours ago, TK0104 said:

I am aware of the disabled obby. I disabled it during the period I worked on it. Since I'm working on a minimap and endgame camera, I've already fixed that and I can fix GDI harvy easily. Is that OK @Luhrian?

Sure, just give me the link and I'll upload it.

• Totem Arts Staff
3 hours ago, Luhrian said:

@TK0104

If the map needs a lightning build, don't do it I have to change some things over there

There is no lighting build is necessary for harvy fix, enabling obby, making minimap or endgame cam ;)

• Totem Arts Staff

New Version is online, Check it out

Hopefully the last testing round. If Try-Out don't find any bugs (to good to be true), this will be the final version. Then we've finally a new map in RenX!

Edited by Luhrian

Spoiler

BitCrappyCollision.jpg

bad collision between wall & strip
BitFloatingGrass.jpg
GDI-HarvStuckSometimesRandomly.jpg

GDI harvy gets stuck from time to time
GroundMaterialInAirTower.jpg

LandscapeInTunnelNOD-HON-Side.jpg

piece of landscape in tunnels (HoN side)
MaterialMisstakeOnBothTunnelSides.jpg

server's not able to compile this material
MissingCollisionOverTib-WasteBehindSilo.

no collision at the rocks near crate inf-path crate spawn
ScreenShot00380.jpg

same as above
ScreenShot00396.jpg

stuck
ScreenShot00399.jpg

ScreenShot00400.jpg

Mammoth tanks can't leave / enter the GDI base via the bridge path
StuckOnSomeBoxesInTunnels.jpg

stuck
StuckOnSomeBoxesInTunnels2.jpg

stuck
StuckSpot1.jpg

stuckspot
StuckSpot2.jpg

stuckspot
StuckSpot3.jpg

stuck
TunnelCeylingNeedCamblocking1.jpg

no cam blockers
TunnelCeylingNeedCamblocking2.jpg

same as above
ViewUnderHON.jpg

look beneath HoN

• Like 2

• Totem Arts Staff
On 28.5.2017 at 7:17 PM, DarkSn4ke said:

MaterialMisstakeOnBothTunnelSides.jpg

server's not able to compile this material

Hm, the Material is from the wall inside the AGT, the Draw Scale from the Mesh is too big. I'll try to use another material

• Totem Arts Staff

I'm using on GDI side a material from CNC-Fort and on Nod side an edited version.

Screenshot_(109).thumb.png.53a7d5f0580051a284e90b5cf684cfac.png

Screenshot_(110).thumb.png.56eca72fcf092953d57c94f475294339.png

I need to do a lightning build and fix 1 thing, but next version should come today.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Totem Arts Staff

So after a little break I will continue the work on this map.

The problem is, that I don't remember the reported bugs and atm I can't download them from Try-Out's server.

If someone have these screenshots, please upload them in this thread.

@Luhrian

Spoiler

BitFloatingGrass.jpg
floating grass
CanTunnelCeylingBeCam-Blocked1.jpg
tunnel cams need to get blocked
CanTunnelCeylingBeCam-Blocked2.jpg
see above
FloatingFencePole.jpg
floating fence pole
HoleInGround.jpg
"HoleInGround"
LandscapeMaterialNODTunnelBehindHON.jpg
Landscape material - Tunnel near HoN
MissingDamageAndHeatflirring.jpg
missing dmg & heat jet
NOD-HarvStuckFor1SecondAfterAllLoadouts.
Nod harvy stucks after each drop for ~ 1 second
PlsChangeCaveWayInAnArc.jpg
"PlsChangeCaveWayInAnArc"
StuckGDI-SideNearVehicle-BeachRoute.jpg
Stuck - near vehicle beach route
StuckNearBridge1.jpg
stuck - near bridge
StuckNearBridge2.jpg
stuck - near bridge
StuckNOD-SideNearTib-Field.jpg
stuck - near Tib field, Nod side

• Like 1

@Luhrian whatever you've done to the buildings.... please reverse it.

all the buildings somehow got an additional collision layer. you can NOT c4 the MCT. you can NOT repair buildings, unless you glitch the rep gun / tool inside a wall. you can not capture the silo. (unless you glitch the rep gun / tool)

• Totem Arts Staff
Just now, DarkSn4ke said:

all the buildings somehow got an additional collision layer. you can NOT c4 the MCT. you can NOT repair buildings, unless you glitch the rep gun / tool inside a wall. you can not capture the silo. (unless you glitch the rep gun / tool)

Well, I'll see what I can do. I've no idea how that happend and no idea to fix it.

• Totem Arts Staff

Well, I don't have these problems in the SDK, but I can't prove it in the game, because I didn't re-installed it yet.

I'll rebuild the whole map, maybe it disappeard after that.

22 hours ago, DarkSn4ke said:

@Luhrian whatever you've done to the buildings.... please reverse it.

If you're in first person, the rep gun goes at its normal range but in third person this is not the case.

Remote C4s were able to be planted on an MCT in the WF, but not timed C4s.

This is very strange.

These findings based on the latest version (again) version.

• Totem Arts Staff
1 minute ago, Madkill40 said:

If you're in first person, the rep gun goes at its normal range but in third person this is not the case.

Remote C4s were able to be planted on an MCT in the WF, but not timed C4s.

This is very strange.

These findings based on the latest version (again) version.

Hm, any Idea to fix this?

@Ruud033 @Schmitzenbergh @Henk @TK0104 @DoctorAnubis @TheDeadlyWolf

@Luhrian there's some funky shit going on with your latest CliffSide release - I hope you still have a backup of version 1.8?

Spoiler

AllLampsMissesTheCable.jpg
no power cable (for each of the lamps)
C4onMCT-NOD-Ref.jpg
C4-MCT issue in Nod Ref
CanPlaceC4AnywhereInAir1.jpg
You can place C4 anywhere...
CanPlaceC4AnywhereInAir2.jpg
see above..
CanPlaceC4AnywhereInAir3.jpg
see above..
CanTunnelCeylingBeCam-Blocked1.jpg
please block the ceiling cam
CanTunnelCeylingBeCam-Blocked2.jpg
see above..
FloatingFencePoles.jpg
floating poles
NowGDI-HarvStucksSomeTimesforCa1SecondAf
Nod harvester is okay, GDI harvester stucks after dump for ~1 second
SameArtyShell(Test1)ExplodeInAirInSightO
For client Blubbi the Arty Shell is exploding in mid air...
SameArtyShell(Test1)HitInCaveInSightOfTr
... for client Try-Out the same shell is flying correctly but doesn't deal any damage
SameArtyShell(Test2)ExplodeInAirInSightF
Test 2 (see above) client Blubbi
SameArtyShell(Test2)HitPPWithoutDamageIn
Test 2 (see above) client Try-Out
StuckNearBridge.jpg
Stuck
WaterSwapsNearSilo.jpg
looks like you have added tides to CliffSide near the silo.  The water line is changing a lot. intentional or buggy?

If clients disabled "Dynamic Shadows" the cave seems to be very bright. (T.O. told me about the missing shadows in the cave)

• Totem Arts Staff

Well, that is crap...

12 minutes ago, DarkSn4ke said:

I hope you still have a backup of version 1.8?

Sure, I think I'll even go back to 1.7, because on 1.8 the lightning was already fucked up.

I hope I can make in time, because soon I am 2 weeks not at home.

Edited by Luhrian

I don't know what's up with those C4, don't know why it's happening.

I do know how to block the camera in the tunnels: add BSP around them, just outside of the tunnel, it's what I did for Snow & Tunnels.

Give the BSP a simple material for optimization purposes, you probably won't be able to see the material anyway because light doesn't reach it. But in case light does reach it, you won't see the weird purple placholder material.

• Like 1

I think you added collision to things that aren't in need of collision. Can you try firing a chaingun? If the projectiles block, it might be collision on the sky-dome or other large object (Had that problem with Grassy back in the day).

Then again, if you are going to roll back a version, don't bother. I think thats better anyway as a lot seems to be shifted...

@Schmitzenbergh T.O. asked me to upload this for you:

Officer-ShotInAir.jpg

Server Log:

Spoiler

For Schmitzenbergh:

This is what i got in the Logfile whilst shooting with an Officer in the Air

[0869.74] Log: ZELC: Component 'RX_VH_APC_Nod.Mesh.SM_NodAPC_Destroyed' with Owner 'RX_VH_APC_Nod.Mesh.SM_NodAPC_Destroyed' returned normal with incorrect length (0.000000).  ChkActor: Rx_Pawn_0 (Rx_Pawn CNC-CliffSide.TheWorld:PersistentLevel.Rx_Pawn_0)
[0869.84] Log: ZELC: Component 'RX_VH_APC_Nod.Mesh.SM_NodAPC_Destroyed' with Owner 'RX_VH_APC_Nod.Mesh.SM_NodAPC_Destroyed' returned normal with incorrect length (0.000000).  ChkActor: Rx_Pawn_0 (Rx_Pawn CNC-CliffSide.TheWorld:PersistentLevel.Rx_Pawn_0)
[0870.87] Log: ZELC: Component 'RX_VH_APC_Nod.Mesh.SM_NodAPC_Destroyed' with Owner 'RX_VH_APC_Nod.Mesh.SM_NodAPC_Destroyed' returned normal with incorrect length (0.000000).  ChkActor: Rx_Pawn_0 (Rx_Pawn CNC-CliffSide.TheWorld:PersistentLevel.Rx_Pawn_0)
[0870.94] Log: ZELC: Component 'RX_VH_APC_Nod.Mesh.SM_NodAPC_Destroyed' with Owner 'RX_VH_APC_Nod.Mesh.SM_NodAPC_Destroyed' returned normal with incorrect length (0.000000).  ChkActor: Rx_Pawn_0 (Rx_Pawn CNC-CliffSide.TheWorld:PersistentLevel.Rx_Pawn_0)
[0871.11] Log: ZELC: Component 'RX_VH_APC_Nod.Mesh.SM_NodAPC_Destroyed' with Owner 'RX_VH_APC_Nod.Mesh.SM_NodAPC_Destroyed' returned normal with incorrect length (0.000000).  ChkActor: Rx_Pawn_0 (Rx_Pawn CNC-CliffSide.TheWorld:PersistentLevel.Rx_Pawn_0)
[0871.97] Log: ZELC: Component 'RX_VH_APC_Nod.Mesh.SM_NodAPC_Destroyed' with Owner 'RX_VH_APC_Nod.Mesh.SM_NodAPC_Destroyed' returned normal with incorrect length (0.000000).  ChkActor: Rx_Pawn_0 (Rx_Pawn CNC-CliffSide.TheWorld:PersistentLevel.Rx_Pawn_0)
[0872.04] Log: ZELC: Component 'RX_VH_APC_Nod.Mesh.SM_NodAPC_Destroyed' with Owner 'RX_VH_APC_Nod.Mesh.SM_NodAPC_Destroyed' returned normal with incorrect length (0.000000).  ChkActor: Rx_Pawn_0 (Rx_Pawn CNC-CliffSide.TheWorld:PersistentLevel.Rx_Pawn_0)
[0872.84] Log: ZELC: Component 'RX_VH_APC_Nod.Mesh.SM_NodAPC_Destroyed' with Owner 'RX_VH_APC_Nod.Mesh.SM_NodAPC_Destroyed' returned normal with incorrect length (0.000000).  ChkActor: Rx_Pawn_0 (Rx_Pawn CNC-CliffSide.TheWorld:PersistentLevel.Rx_Pawn_0)
[0872.91] Log: ZELC: Component 'RX_VH_APC_Nod.Mesh.SM_NodAPC_Destroyed' with Owner 'RX_VH_APC_Nod.Mesh.SM_NodAPC_Destroyed' returned normal with incorrect length (0.000000).  ChkActor: Rx_Pawn_0 (Rx_Pawn CNC-CliffSide.TheWorld:PersistentLevel.Rx_Pawn_0)
[0873.81] Log: ZELC: Component 'RX_VH_APC_Nod.Mesh.SM_NodAPC_Destroyed' with Owner 'RX_VH_APC_Nod.Mesh.SM_NodAPC_Destroyed' returned normal with incorrect length (0.000000).  ChkActor: Rx_Pawn_0 (Rx_Pawn CNC-CliffSide.TheWorld:PersistentLevel.Rx_Pawn_0)
[0873.94] Log: ZELC: Component 'RX_VH_APC_Nod.Mesh.SM_NodAPC_Destroyed' with Owner 'RX_VH_APC_Nod.Mesh.SM_NodAPC_Destroyed' returned normal with incorrect length (0.000000).  ChkActor: Rx_Pawn_0 (Rx_Pawn CNC-CliffSide.TheWorld:PersistentLevel.Rx_Pawn_0)
[0874.04] Log: ZELC: Component 'RX_VH_APC_Nod.Mesh.SM_NodAPC_Destroyed' with Owner 'RX_VH_APC_Nod.Mesh.SM_NodAPC_Destroyed' returned normal with incorrect length (0.000000).  ChkActor: Rx_Pawn_0 (Rx_Pawn CNC-CliffSide.TheWorld:PersistentLevel.Rx_Pawn_0)
[0874.18] Log: ZELC: Component 'RX_VH_APC_Nod.Mesh.SM_NodAPC_Destroyed' with Owner 'RX_VH_APC_Nod.Mesh.SM_NodAPC_Destroyed' returned normal with incorrect length (0.000000).  ChkActor: Rx_Pawn_0 (Rx_Pawn CNC-CliffSide.TheWorld:PersistentLevel.Rx_Pawn_0)

• Totem Arts Staff

Well, the server has a problem with that destroyed APC. We could try to remove it and see what is happening.

On 29.6.2017 at 10:03 PM, limsup said:

"If i run a Server with the 64-Bit .exe, then CliffSide has no Problem... So I think that perhaps Luhrian has some issues or something is not right in his 64-Bit SDK"

Hm, I can just try a full rebuild of the map with the 32-bit SDK. I'm not sure if that will fix anything.

If it is working after that, it could be interessting for @Agent and @Ruud033. Maybe they are able to fix that bug in the next SDK version.