Pick Up Games (PUGs)

yosh56

Actually, the Nod PP was finished by another gunner rush. We did 3 in total and the 3rd one finally had enough damage & suprise element. Another fun thing was that, after PP went down, I infiltrated your base with a gunner and killed HoN solo (except for the last one hit) while your team was busy defending the Obelisk.

Smart money would have been on letting the Obelisk die, despite veterancy or score, it cost more in both to let it live 10 more minutes of shelling, while the base is easier to defend. HoN, should have never died, Obby should have been abandoned to defend/watch HoN. Honestly, so much about that was a total fustercluck. 4 sbh died to ref door mines, when we could have wasted the building with 4 of us concentrating firepower through the door on the MCT, I managed to do it myself and strip it down to 40% (armor, not health, but that's 1/3rd of it from just me alone, imagined 4 outside-remotes along with 4 clips of laser rifle on MCT)

For me this PUG was ok, but again I have the feeling some players need to understand the commanders orders more. When we did a multi nuke attack I donated a teammember cause he asked explicitly for money for a nuke. Than he arrived at the enemy base without one and I was like: "How?" Seen stuff like this happen more often. I can understand this is PUB behavior, but for a PUG it shouldn't happen unless you are named General Havoc :D

I was the one who asked for money for nuke...bought nuke and just before i could enter in the GDI base with Jpj (we were both sbhs) we got ran over by a random apc returning. I lost 2 nukes in that try...first one was lost when Yosh said "lets go for pp and plant c4 inside "( i did that in the hope we would of gotten it down) and the second one was lost due to the random apc. After that I heard people saying they need sbh for extra cover so went in the GDI base to help with that cover.

The pug all in all was ok. Bit too much of a fuss with team changing / team balancing though ( not sure but I think there were some calls for uneeded balancing at a point ).

Thanks for the recap Jarzey :)

Yeah, I think the games weren't that great. The teams looked balanced though, especially after the first swap.

Arctic Stronghold

Actually, the Nod PP was finished by another gunner rush. We did 3 in total and the 3rd one finally had enough damage & suprise element. Another fun thing was that, after PP went down, I infiltrated your base with a gunner and killed HoN solo (except for the last one hit) while your team was busy defending the Obelisk.

Updated my recap post. Thanks for the information.

For me this PUG was ok, but again I have the feeling some players need to understand the commanders orders more. When we did a multi nuke attack I donated a teammember cause he asked explicitly for money for a nuke. Than he arrived at the enemy base without one and I was like: "How?" Seen stuff like this happen more often. I can understand this is PUB behavior, but for a PUG it shouldn't happen unless you are named General Havoc :D

I was the one who asked for money for nuke...bought nuke and just before i could enter in the GDI base with Jpj (we were both sbhs) we got ran over by a random apc returning. I lost 2 nukes in that try...first one was lost when Yosh said "lets go for pp and plant c4 inside "( i did that in the hope we would of gotten it down) and the second one was lost due to the random apc. After that I heard people saying they need sbh for extra cover so went in the GDI base to help with that cover.

The pug all in all was ok. Bit too much of a fuss with team changing / team balancing though ( not sure but I think there were some calls for uneeded balancing at a point ).

Yes I know it was you, but didnt want to put that in public. Guess I didn't get you died with nuke...

What I really don't get is what the 'losing' team did. Besides the Chemrush on Canyon I didn't really see a coordinated attack at all? Did people not listen in general, or what was the issue?

I don't get it that you don't get it. ^^

Just remember the numerous PUGs, which turned out to be mainly one-sided and where you were in the losing team and raging. Then you know what it was like. Or watch the in-game footage, if somebody from Team 2 recorded the PUG.

Besides the ordered standard-gameplay and 2 rushes there wasn’t much anymore. Especially on Walls there was a to and fro of managing the status quo and organizing an attack, which then took far too long and the attacks of your team getting in between.

Also wasn't my best day.

What I really don't get is what the 'losing' team did. Besides the Chemrush on Canyon I didn't really see a coordinated attack at all? Did people not listen in general, or what was the issue?

I don't get it that you don't get it. ^^

Just remember the numerous PUGs, which turned out to be mainly one-sided and where you were on the losing team and raging. Then you know what it was like. Or watch the in-game footage, if somebody from Team 2 recorded the PUG.

Besides the ordered standard-gameplay and 2 rushes there wasn’t much anymore. Especially on Walls there was a to and fro of managing the status quo and organizing an attack, which then took far too long and the attacks of your team getting in between.

Also wasn't my best day.

I get how it feels, but I wasn't on the enemies team, so I am just asking if you guys know the reason. Can be players, the commander, (bad) luck, communication. I don't believe it's all random. If a team is numb and doesn't reply to teamchat at all from the beginning that is most likely the reason above skill level of the individual players.

I get how it feels, but I wasn't on the enemies team, so I am just asking if you guys know the reason. Can be players, the commander, (bad) luck, communication. I don't believe it's all random. If a team is numb and doesn't reply to teamchat at all from the beginning that is most likely the reason above skill level of the individual players.

I didn’t mean the feelings, but the reasons for your raging.

I think Team 1 had a better coordination with the better commanders all in the same team. Team 2 also had no luck like on Canyon with destroying the refinery, which probably would have been crucial. Also the players got in a bad mood after losing multiple times and that there was no real sense of achievement. Therefore it was also a lack of people with a positive attitude and motivation.

I didn’t mean the feelings, but the reasons for your raging.

I think Team 1 had a better coordination with the better commanders all in the same team. Team 2 also had no luck like on Canyon with destroying the refinery, which probably would have been crucial. Also the players got in a bad mood after losing multiple times and that there was no real sense of achievement. Therefore it was also a lack of people with a positive attitude and motivation.

But still we (the winning) didn't have the feeling off an overwhelming victory also. I am not sure if the team who won round after round a couple of PUGS ago, had this feeling. I know I hate it when nobody listens in a pug and that causes me to be a a bit angry.

For me the main difference is that every round felt like a fight in which some people lost and some people won.Morale wise I can see what you were saying, but it still wasn't like a totally FUBAR round where one team was slaughtering the other side without resistance. Our team hit, the enemy hit back, we returned fire and in the end 'we' won. It wasn't like: We attacked, no resistance, moved on, still no resistance and we had free play.

Talking about balance. For me balance isn't about winning / losing, but about the feeling you have about the team anticipating on the enemy (or not at all). If we do anticipate and still lose, I feel like we had a good PUG. IF we don't and win by luck, it still wasn't that good (but ofc. better than loosing.).

Guest Gliven

I dont know why, but i can never see videos people post on the forums. missing a plug-in for google chrome maybe? it would be cool if people posted links as well when they post videos

Updated post with links to youtube.

And you are right, somewhat. In Windows 10 I also can't see videos, in neither Chrome or Firefox. With Flash player enabled or disabled. On Linux I can see it just fine without Flash even installed.

And thank you for recording from our team's perspective.

I dont know why, but i can never see videos people post on the forums. missing a plug-in for google chrome maybe?

Chrome blocks insecure content on secure pages by default like embedded youtube videos here in the forum.

But normally there is a shield icon then on the right side of the address bar.

If you click on that shield icon, a window opens up with a link like “Load anyway” and if you click on it, all content should be visible for now. At least it's like that for me.

Guest Gliven

Won't be there for the PUG. I will be gone friday afternoon till sunday night. I will be crushing beers with the bears, and paddling my canoe with the samsquanchs in the Canadian wilderness. 4bb73a24fd71485a9915c625df1bf358a8a36907bede95ce4cbf8b0d6a6cc197.jpg

On Goldrush Team 1 was dominating, which I think wasn’t very surprising with Bong, Quincy, Jeff and Yosh on the same team.

Having all these commanders on the same team made no sense. Frreak couldn't compete against this.

All it takes is one commander to give orders, no more, no less. Freak as far as I saw did a great job on the one game of Walls that I was on. Quincy was in charge of team1, the rest of us simply followed what he told us to do. I'm a little sick of commanding nowadays, Yosh and bong are too drunk, it just comes down to listening to the leader's orders without question.

• Totem Arts Staff
, Yosh and bong are too drunk,

This is usually a good thing. People listen to the loud people.. of which you and Quincey both aren't that loud. We basically just relay whatever either of you says to drive it into people's heads. Me and b0ng have become less commanders, and more of ... command amplifiers.

So we know for certainty that a HON vs WF games is completely lopsided in favor of the infantry side, Gunners are a better option at the start of a game than MRLS, Snipers/PICs/Ravs need to be somehow nerfed against infantry, and Comm center still shows people in the enemy base.

4-0 team "uhhh get tanks snipers and repairs"

Fort - Initial rushes from both teams kill Airstrip and Barracks. Nod spams out LCGs while GDI brings out an assortment of vehicles. After an even fight, Nod unleashes their 1000 characters and GDI gets hammered for 30 minutes straight, all vehicles rushes getting easily denied. A miracle rocket rush through the tunnels takes out the HON with 6 minutes remaining...and with Nod having a 2500 point lead. Nod orders all their advanced infantry to camp it out with APC support. All GDI rushes (APC, Rockets, Meds) get stomped and Nod wins on time.

Whiteout - GDI wins the harvester war and rolls out Meds/Gunners while Nod rolls out Arty/Tech. The credit difference from the initial harvester meant everything, and GDI control seizes the hill and rains hell on the Nod base. Ramjets were all over the place, Gunners forced Nod techs to move back and forth from the refinery to PP, Hon/Airstrip gets destroyed, and Nod surrenders.

Canyon - GDI wins the second harvester war, but by the time they get organized Nod is already knocking on their door with Arty/Tech. GDI answers with Gunners, which did a decent job for a little while, but got massacred by free infantry. The harvy dump allowed GDI to roll out some meds and the Arty/Tech started to die down, but Nod brings out a Flame rush which destroys the majority of GDI's tank force and puts GDI permanently on the defensive. Non-stop Arty/Flamer/Tech/Sniper crushed everything.

Field - Nod starts out with an Engie rush on the ref, but failed and ended up feeding GDI points with outside C4. Nod brings out Artys and GDI with APCs/Gunners, and the field battle goes on back and forth. A sneak kill on the Nod refinery meanwhile decided the game, Nod answers with an LCG rush on the field, but got easily countered with snipers. Nod gets holed in their base, GDI snipers start farming kills through tunnels, Nod PP dies from tanks and GDI wins.

4-0 Team 2, shout out to Crowsy for willing to switch teams on whiteout in the middle of the game.

By the way, I think I've had just enough of "camp it out to win on time" bull. Maybe we should try a PUG with marathon, since Fort could have played out much differently.

The first game was pretty good, cause it was intense, balanced and both teams had to fight to make it to a good end. By the time we reached Without we were 3 players short (got changed during the end game of whiteout) but at that moment the damage was done.

On Fort 90 percent of the people listened, after that 'we' lost the attention of players really quick. On Canyon the plan was to get 10 meds and meetup, but we never reached more than 8 (while we had the money and when vehicles didnt get destroyed yet...) On Field for example we planned to do a rush, but it never reached more than 5 people. One of the reason I heard was the sniping, but than again you can still get 5 free inf. at the same place.

Most annoying thing: I called out a hotwire behind the ref and some people quickly checked, but than someone shouted: "What a waste of time for me to go there when there is nothing.." Less than a minute 'nothing' killed the ref.

Most annoying thing: I called out a hotwire behind the ref and some people quickly checked, but than someone shouted: "What a waste of time for me to go there when there is nothing.." Less than a minute 'nothing' killed the ref.

It's funny though, because the only person I saw that ran right past me was you ryz

• Like 1

• Totem Arts Staff

Renegade X PUG August 27th 2016

Round 1: Fort

sbTDZIpK75M

Round 2: Whiteout

VbaXMFGKW7I

Round 3: Canyon

mPynyNEVlZE

Round 4: Field

_eVFL8aMUM4

Edited by Guest
  • Like 1

It's funny though, because the only person I saw that ran right past me was you ryz

I was also looking there and didn't find you, that's true!

It's more about the part that I alarm people and they just act like I am telling nonsense and even make quotes about that. I was one of the people to check and didn't find you, but I was 100% some went there which was the case. Since i couldn't find you I expected you died or someone killed you...

Recap:
Walls - GDI attempts an early rocket rush, but ended up not even getting a single rocket to hit a building. Nod meanwhile saves for Apaches and AT infantry and a back and forth slug between Orca/Apache goes on for a while. A triple SBH nuke on the PP, Ref, and WF along with an apache rush on the Bar sealed the deal and after hanging on a thread with a WF, GDI surrenders. 

XMountain - Nod tries a mass SBH rush at the start, but gets caught and the whole plan fails. GDI played like GDI and controlled the field for most of the game, and also gets a sneak kill on the HON. Snipers in the Nod bunker, Meds in the front door, building armor breaks all over the place, Nod surrenders.

Arctic Stronghold - GDI goes for a gunner rush, but failed to break the PP armor. Nod goes Arty/Tech while GDI plays like GDI. A stank rush was organized, but couldn't find an opening and the vehicle slugging continues. A 4 man SBH team attacks the GDI refinery with outside C4 and lasers, and ended up chipping it down to 34 HP. The same 4 people then got Mendozas and finished it off. Low on money, GDI was forced to play defensively, but left an opening during another stank rush which ended up destroying the entire base. 

Eyes - A standard rollout with people going after the silo and harvesters. Nod gets the money crate and tries an APC rush, but picks the wrong building and the GDI who suicided just happened to spawn in the PP. GDI retaliates with a mass Tranny rush with engineers and hotties, setting up decoys at the HON and a full on to the ref which worked. GDI goes for the same plan again to the Nod PP, and yet again it worked. At this point people on Nod were leaving and Nod ends up surrendering.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, SMayhew said:

Can't make it tonight, but to be fair last week's PUG was pretty poor so I doubt I'd be playing if I was free anyway. :P

To be honest, thats the wrong sort of attitude to have, "Last Week's PUG was poor", Just because one is bad, you could end up missing out on a decent PUG session, or your presence could be the deciding factor in ensuring a good set of games, or you could even end up being the driving force for victory on your team, you never know.

However hope you enjoy yourself doing what you need to do :) 

11 minutes ago, Fffreak9999 said:

To be honest, thats the wrong sort of attitude to have, "Last Week's PUG was poor", Just because one is bad, you could end up missing out on a decent PUG session, or your presence could be the deciding factor in ensuring a good set of games, or you could even end up being the driving force for victory on your team, you never know.

However hope you enjoy yourself doing what you need to do :) 

Sorry I didn't mean to come across as negative, it was mostly in jest! The last few I've been in haven't been very enjoyable for me but I do hope it's good a PUG for everyone tonight for and hopefully the next one I'm in will be good. I hope all who play have a good one tonight. :)

• Agent pinned, featured, unpinned and pinned this topic
  • Agent locked, unpinned and unfeatured this topic