[CMG] Custom Map Game - Supporting new map releases!

Madkill40

Greetings folks!

We are looking for people to take part in gameplay testing for custom maps which are nearing an official release, these map tests are to take place on a Sunday before the Sunday PUG however these tests require a minimum of 10 players to get an effective gameplay test. CMG helps mappers suss out potential issues in their maps before an official release can be made.

But we need your help! If you can spare 60 - 90 minutes of your Sunday to help support new maps for Renegade-X then please feel free to sign up and help us out!

Note A: A CMG will only take place if the minimum of 10 people is reached.

Note B: The ConstructiveTyranny TeamSpeak server will be used for the duration of these events.

Note C: 5pm GMT+0 i.e. UK time, please base your timezone according to this one.

First CMG Map playtest will be: 

Server Name:  Constructive Tyranny CMG

March

5th:

1. Hohndo

12th:

1. Hohndo

19th:

1. Hohndo

26th:

1. Hohndo

Please use the below format when signing up to this event, sign-up Format:

Forum Name:
In-game Name:
Date(s) available:

Edited by Madkill40
  • Like 2

What time will this be as I usually miss PUG cause I work both Saturday/Sunday

I used to test maps a while back with Initiate, but nowadays I don't see him around :-(

On 2/7/2017 at 3:57 PM, Madkill40 said:

Forum Name:Snappy

In-game Name: Rippersnapper

Date(s) available: Next 3 Sundays. (if I can get a time)

• Like 1

• Agent unpinned this topic

I know @Hohndo I just didn't want to join a crowded room, as I was idling in the other channel (busy on another TS)

let's all blame the organizer then!

!noob @Madkill40

@Madkill40 did you read my TS msg? T.O. got 33 glitch screens from your latest FrostyBity release :P I'm just tooooooo fucking lazy to upload 33 screens atm.

Sorry. I'm a bad tester you know xD

I updated the CT Test server with the latest Frosbite myself. 

First time load of a new map will always be slow but I imagine Ruud's latest inspection of Frostbite will need to go over to reduce first-time loads.

As for my lack of attendance reality called and required me to drive around my local area to return costumes from Location A to Location B, then to return other items to places at Location C, back to B, then to D, E, F & G. I returned home around 7pm and spent the evenin' with my missus. 

Shit happens.

Next Sunday however I'll have a new Frostbite ready after I've gone through Ruud's remarks and yes, @DarkSn4ke, we will need to go through those 33 collisions as well this week. 

7 hours ago, Fffreak9999 said:

@Madkill40, you need to make sure you are there to host it.

I am going to set up a small temporary 20 slot server specifically for the testing of one map to avoid downloading times of every. single. map. 

Just to make it easier and just to avoid all technical difficulties. 

CnP etc. etc. It'll be fine, I've kept my Sunday open so I will be there with a new version of Frostbite.

Just now, Madkill40 said:

Waiting for testers and other players to join us, we start in 45 minutes and will test for 60 - 90 minutes.

asgghh.jpg

Map wouldn't download from the launcher,when I press join server,it launches the game directly,it only start downloading from in game.

Never mind,just saw the link, downloading ...

Edited by ObeliskTheTormentor

How about an amendment to the CMG where we have them bi-weekly (every two weeks) or monthly? Depending on progress made on custom maps. Or we just base CMG's on whether or not a custom map has made it to a 'gameplay test' stage in development and then we hold a CMG on a Sunday following this?

As it stands I've not made much progress on Frostbite as I have been preoccupied.

For the next CMG which will either be the 12th March or later I suggest: 

Hopefully @DoctorAnubis could be available for this map test?

Edited by Madkill40

• Totem Arts Staff

Paradise I quiet unstable at the moment due the security cameras. 

I don't know how it happens. I think if someone uses it, it glitches. I think that feature should be fixed or removed. Kismet doesn't work really well on multiplayer (Especially Kismet what edits code)

Edited by TK0104

8 hours ago, Hohndo said:

I was on for CMG today but either Madkill was too busy with Civ 5 or there were not enough people.

I'll be on next week for it.

I had to be gone by 6:30 cos gym but I left the CMG server open with just the latest Frostbite.

I'm thinking of just having the CMG running in a Sunday only with the one selected map in future, I'll add Paradise on it for next week and Forest. (If Forest gets sorted.)

• 9 months later...

Anyone want to start this again, maybe this time on Try-Out's server because he updates the maps on it regularly?

If @Fffreak9999 wants to bring back the CT Testing Server for this, that would work too

3 hours ago, Gliven said:

Organize play test sessions with multiple people, play an actual game on them. Record what you find, show the map developers what needs to be fixed, and then show that this map is good to go. 

Edited by CoreDefender

Guest Gliven

@CoreDefender CT test server is up. Even if it is down, just ask @Fffreak9999 to get it back up if you get people to test with you. Try-out's server unfortunately, isn't always up, he is hard to get a hold of, and can only hold so many players before it starts to lag pretty hard.

• Totem Arts Staff
38 minutes ago, Gliven said:

@CoreDefender CT test server is up. Even if it is down, just ask @Fffreak9999 to get it back up if you get people to test with you. Try-out's server unfortunately, isn't always up, he is hard to get a hold of, and can only hold so many players before it starts to lag pretty hard.

I can change the vanilla server into a test server if you guys need. Just let me know which files you want on there and I'd be happy to load it up for you. We also have the fast downloads ingame, so that makes it pretty easy for me to update it for you.

Edited by Sarah!
  • Thanks 1