Team Chat Colour

Steelpoint

Renegade X is a very team oriented game where a good level of team coordination can significantly change the tide of a battle. 

With this in mind, I find the current 'team chat' system to be lacking.

Right now if you communicate in team chat, you're text appears in you're factions colour, red for NOD and gold for GDI. While this serves the basic need of showing that you're talking in team, and not all chat, but the big issue is that you're text is placed alongside every other team generic/spot message.

It can be difficult for players to notice a player communicating in between the large amount of messages about 'Defend the Harvester!' or 'Repair the Power Plant!' messages.

With that in mind I think that team chat options need to be more visually distinct and easier to notice in comparison to the generic messages very often given.

6 hours ago, Steelpoint said:

It can be difficult for players to notice a player communicating in between the large amount of messages about 'Defend the Harvester!' or 'Repair the Power Plant!' messages.

Radio or radio spam is kind of communication too. Radio spam often means something important with high priority. If you think that your written message has high priority, just spam too.. on your own constience, and respinsibility.. same as radio or radio spam.

If it wouldn't make the chat look too convoluted I'd say just split the chat into two windows, a common, disableable chat window for anything actually written by players, and a second window for radio messages. 

The idea of italics or a different color for radio/normal messages sounds good too.

2 minutes ago, DarkSn4ke said:

open console with ö [german QWERTZ keyboard...] and you can read the chat or at lest some... it's console type..

~ (tilde) for QWERTY, but honestly reading chat in the console is ass.

• Totem Arts Staff
4 hours ago, djlaptop said:

In old Ren, there was a buffer where you could go back and scroll through chats that you miss. If I'm on the purchase terminal for 10-15 seconds, I may miss something important with no way to go back to see it. Would be great to have some way to see the last 5 minutes of chat.

So apparently the entire chat history is in the 'Chat' menu when you hit escape... I'm just now learning this from a video >_>