Fun Events

Fffreak9999

Event Server?  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see an event server using settings not normally used the base game?

• Yes, I would enjoy playing on a server like this
    • No, I would not play on a server like this

This poll is closed to new votes

Hi All,

As many of you were aware, Constructive Tyranny was hosting a server over the christmas period which used a bunch of unique settings along with a mutator that made Jumping higher, and movement faster.

I would like to gather your opinion on this, and see if you would like to see a server dedicated to this to be available on a more "permanent" basis

Ok, as voting for this seems not to have changed in the last few days, I will close the poll.

As for the results, they are mostly in the positive.

I will figure out a schedule and a plan for each event to make them feel different than normal.

Some will use custom maps and other mutators and the like in addition to the crazy movement and jumping mutator.

I will release the first details soon.

I very much enjoyed playing with all those settings on the Christmas Special Event server. 10/10, would like to do it again! :D

killing INF on the christmas server with Flamethrower Trooper was fun, but all in all I didn't enjoy it. But thats a matter of personal taste

Hmm, how exactly was Flame Soldier more fun than other units? Did you try out the Chem dude?

49 minutes ago, Chrisjh0223 said:

Hmm, how exactly was Flame Soldier more fun than other units? Did you try out the Chem dude?

well.. Im pretty bad with infantry. even though I got slightly better over the time playing RenX I still suck xD
 [maybe I could improve my aim by buying a new PC / Notebook, but Im a miser Im used to 5-15 FPS in combat..]

But with flamethrower I was on a killing spree [Xmountain] for some reason it was much easier (for me) to kill all the double-jumping players with the flamer than with any other infantry weapon. and as I said: personal taste ;)

• Like 1

• Totem Arts Staff

Replace Free Infantry Characters with Tiberian Sun Characters and Weapons:

Example:

- GDI Soldier is now a TS GDI Soldier with TS Autorifle and Pistol (I know there is code of it.....)

- Same goes for Nod

1 hour ago, Xtractor said:

There was once in RenX some Alien adductions ,It was fun  to see  ,If something could be done with that Aliens theme ..could be really fun  ,

1 hour ago, Fffreak9999 said:

@Xtractor already had this in mind for one of them :) 

Horde mode on Crashsite?

My ideas:

• Server with classic UT maps/game modes but RenX weapons as pickups.
  • Mode where you gain veterancy extremely fast but lose it all when you die.
  • Enable friendly fire
  • Enable announcer voice with UT-like killstreaks
  • 3 laps race with Humvees and Buggys around Mesa II
  • Rocket league with Humvees and Buggys
  • Convert RenX into RPG

Also rank bot should be expanded, so whenever someone says ".dank" it tells you a dank quote or meme.

• Like 1

Random guns: Everytime you kill someone, your current weapon is swapped with a random weapon. This excludes throwables/deployables (both from being swapped and being recieved). 

If there's a way to fuck around with character sizes, I'd say during killstreaks your character increases in size. Starting with 5 kills, every additional kill increases your size 1.1x. Or any other arbitrary value.

• Totem Arts Staff
On 1/7/2017 at 6:22 PM, Kaiser739 said:

Sandbox mode for commanders, ie commander can announce "Stank rush" and spawn 20 stanks :)

Just take my mod's code and mix it with commander mod :P

Also, Stank rush is too boring, do Titan Rush or Tick Tank Rush.

Or maybe do A-10 Rush or C130 Rush instead :D

6 hours ago, Handepsilon said:

Just take my mod's code and mix it with commander mod :P

Also, Stank rush is too boring, do Titan Rush or Tick Tank Rush.

Or maybe do A-10 Rush or C130 Rush instead :D

Hehe, or even a Tesla tank rush. We played with ~15 people on the sandbox server some days ago and most of them didn't know that the Tesla tank existed in Ren X.