Possibly Offensive Dialogue

Chrisjh0223

Feel free to add anything you see from in-game to this thread, this post is essentially a topic/record starter. So once before the start of a match mnev15 texted on global chat this remark:

OqAqzva.png

How do you feel about reading this? It seems just wrong. Remember, once you say something in digital media (such as in-game text talk, verbal microphone, or a visual forum post) you probably cannot negate the existence of it. So if anybody harasses you, threatens you, or offends you (or says some derogatory remark) in this game remember you can record it. To take a screenshot during RenX (like I did) press F9 right when it happens so you have solid proof. Kenz3001 says he usually video records his end of it, so if he catches something fishy (such as suspicious cheating) he can share with RenX's developers, so don't be afraid to record footage of games you play.

Well, I just want to see what someone in charge of RenX or the forums have to say in regards to this, so I'll be sure to read anything from BroTranquility or Jessica in this thread. I think Dr. Bong is a head honcho, so he might have the ultimate say in how to handle something like this.

As far as globally moderating chat goes only repeated and prolonged harassment is ever moderated. It's extremely rare that we moderate chat though, and the only person currently chat banned globally is Max (who was given many chances over the course of months prior to his chat ban becoming permanent). While the remarks in the screenshot you posted are certainly distasteful, a chat ban for a single instance of distasteful remarks doesn't seem at all appropriate of a response either. If they did this every day or started harassing an individual they might end up getting muted with progressively longer duration as appropriate (generally measured in months), but again this has only ever happened with Max (who for the record harassed me every time I appeared online for weeks and resumed doing so each and every time his ban was removed in addition to constantly private messaging people offensive remarks). These chat rules can theoretically also apply to the forums but there's never really been too many behavior issues on the forums.

As far as server rules go, I'd refer to @Fffreak9999 since he administrates the Constructive Tyranny servers. Individual servers tend to have slightly stricter rules than what we're willing to interject in globally.

As moderator on CT I just hand out warnings, followed by punishment if that behaviour doesn't cease (e.g. if I warn somebody to stop flaming in chat about "his team being a bunch of idiots" over and over again). 

I mean in this case that guy was obviously referring to a meme, I'd issue a warning if either someone would feel offended or if he kept spamming it/turned into actual racial slur.

Yeah, rather distasteful chat, if it continues, just let me know what server and time it occurred and I'll go back on IRC and check.

At worst a chat suspension for a while unless directed at a specific player, then would be more serious.

As for CT admins, Myself and DoctorB0ng will help if you need it when it comes to things like this, although come to me first, as I will normally respond first.

Why did you use my old name? Heck, why'd you use my name at all? I don't mind either, but mind you, I am usually a forum moderator to remove spam message at night when I'm active, and to bug test.

My stance, is that I am not empowered to moderate on CT, and the powers that be would never allow me to, for a laundry list of reasons, all of which are invalid as I wouldn't abuse my power. I would hardly ever use it, but at least if I were on and it was needed, as rare as that'd ever be, i'd be able to if I were, which I'm not, and likely never will be, so I'm essentially irrelevant in regards to this.

Though, I must confess, I say much grosser yet creative things in chat. Skin color or class based remarks? Petty. Instead, I prefer to question their mother's species, and call them "frothy genital discharge". Either way, not looking to be an in-game mod, and not looking to insult frequently/seriously enough to get a ban myself.

Max deserved his ban though. Whoever taught him a method to communicate with other humans, made a severe lapse of judgement.

Well, when I first saw the in-game chat I didn't know they were lyrics. Still, people need to watch what they say, because here's a bottom line: if a person from real world workforce who moderates the game doesn't notice them as just silly lyrics then the moderator who upholds zero tolerance for anything possibly offensive will kick the person. If you took any business classes like I did, then you learn what things you can't say out loud (even without such education a little common sense can still go a long way). If you read any occupational handbooks, then yes, the rules for whatever company it is very likely prohibit anything possibly offensive.

Anyways, I'm glad you clarified now it wasn't meant to offend.

59 minutes ago, Chrisjh0223 said:

If you took any business classes like I did, then you learn what things you can't say out loud (even without such education a little common sense can still go a long way). If you read any occupational handbooks, then yes, the rules for whatever company it is very likely prohibit anything possibly offensive.

No, fuck that. Wearing a suit and talking like a proper fucking lady being deemed mandatory, is probably how the US incarcerates 1 out of 3 black men in their lifetime, but only 1 out of 100 white women. If you judge a book by it's cover, then not only will you burn some books that were honest and harmless, but you'll spare some convincing deceptive pieces of shit as well. Like the cops who let those 2 girls who flipped a car doing 120, go, because they were young and well dressed and innocent, just to turn around and find out the car was stolen. Good clothes and asskissing proves nothing.

I'm not saying nothing you don't already know, either. This is literally cyclical in history, where the pompous and ritzy class people, push their weight around until they make enough enemies, and then the common blunt folk rise up and knock that shit off. Recently, you have Trump. Before, you had Churchill, and Roosevelt, and Jackson. To the worst extremes, you even had the French Revolution. Class divisions, are like automobiles. You don't realize how dangerous and lethal they are, until you start neglecting their danger.