CnC-Hourglass

TheDeadlyWolf

Well guys, the map is nearly done, but I've still go some tweaks to do - Especially GDI harvester pathing : (

DoctorAnubis has been great with the detail and improvements to my base design, he should be, as he's got experience from making a fantastic campaign for Left 4 Dead 2 - He's updating the campaign, so there's no point for me pasting the link : D

P.S. Have fun finding all my Easter Eggs on Release: D

Edit:

Near enough Done : )

57c9ee9bbaba3_HourglassOldVersion.jpg.51eb00150d151e32cfe42084d24b09d3.jpg

57c9ee9bbf76a_HourglassNewVersion.jpg.ed4cfd88be491c0bbd2cbc234f5a0a29.jpg

Edited by Guest

• 3 weeks later...
I'd spice up the environment a bit more with some more color.. to me, it feels so.. grey.. and therefore a bit boring :(

I tested your Crash Site, LMFAO, that's even Darker, and pitch black in areas :cool:

Color =/= lighting.

Ruud's map has a lot of color in it, its darker due to the environment he created. The color is there (Look at the alien ship for example)

You map is bright(Which is good) but everything is gray of color (Except for some of the buildings). If you are going for a rocky map that's fine. But think about some foliage, terrain material changes or some lights to break up the Grayness.

Some more examples:

Boxes, change in sky, some construction materials or even a tiberium crystal from a rock would break up the grayness aswell.

The maps looks solid though. Good luck! (And don't forget to add it to the testing server and map repository :))

I'd spice up the environment a bit more with some more color.. to me, it feels so.. grey.. and therefore a bit boring :(

I tested your Crash Site, LMFAO, that's even Darker, and pitch black in areas :cool:

Color =/= lighting.

Ruud's map has a lot of color in it, its darker due to the environment he created. The color is there (Look at the alien ship for example)

You map is bright(Which is good) but everything is gray of color (Except for some of the buildings). If you are going for a rocky map that's fine. But think about some foliage, terrain material changes or some lights to break up the Grayness.

Some more examples:

Boxes, change in sky, some construction materials or even a tiberium crystal from a rock would break up the grayness aswell.

The maps looks solid though. Good luck! (And don't forget to add it to the testing server and map repository :))

Thx dude - Everything is solid apart from GDI's Harvester

I've changed GDI's Silo layout - Due to the new layout, I'm going to make this silo have Double Credits

Doctor Anubis has changed Nod's Silo layout - in fact removed the silo

We are also adding lights to the side of the buildings in each base: D

Edited by Guest

• 4 weeks later...

Hope someone can help you with the Kismet, nice idea! Maybe you could make it so it only works once in a timespan of like 10 min. Is it for both bases or only to turn off the power on Nods side?

Hope someone can help you with the Kismet, nice idea! Maybe you could make it so it only works once in a timespan of like 10 min. Is it for both bases or only to turn off the power on Nods side?

The current idea is that when a team captures this terminal, they have to hold it for 5/10mins and the Base defence will shut off for 2 minutes

This is Due to a signal being sent to an uplink that EMPs the Base Defence Temporally : )

Is there anyway to change the name of this MCT in kismet?

The current idea is that when a team captures this terminal, they have to hold it for 5/10mins and the Base defence will shut off for 2 minutes

This is Due to a signal being sent to an uplink that EMPs the Base Defence Temporally : )

Is there anyway to change the name of this MCT in kismet?

Cool, cool... Better than making it work instant...

2 minutes is wayyyyy too long. I would say like 30-45 seconds max. Something you capture and then in 2 minutes it activates and has a cooldown of 5-10 mins for your team.

I agree mostly. If you capture it fresh, it should give you the effect in 3 minutes to encourage a suicide-grab just for comeback sake, and then reproduce the effect in another 4 minutes. Also agree on the timer being 45 seconds, that is enough to send what you have in for an attack, and either dedicate it or roll it on back before the base defenses wake up.

If you can, make some sort of EVA Text warning 6 seconds when it is about to go off, and 6 seconds when it is about to go on.

Also, consider making the script "deactivate the base defense for the enemy team", and "activate the base defense for the allied team". That way, holding this as a team missing a powerplant, provides occasional short usage of the base defense.

I can finish off Hourglass now, when I'm not playing The Division or any other game : )

1) Complete the kismet to trigger the Disabled OBI/AGT

2) The mini-map - This will be a killer

3) Finalize any other requirements with Doctor Anubis

We have a decent crew playing division at CT. Feel free to join us, mate.

I can finish off Hourglass now, when I'm not playing The Division or any other game : )

1) Complete the kismet to trigger the Disabled OBI/AGT

2) The mini-map - This will be a killer

3) Finalize any other requirements with Doctor Anubis

We have a decent crew playing division at CT. Feel free to join us, mate.

Good to know, I was just sorting out the settings today, and being a dick : ) Blocking Door Way

As I didn't receive the game today, till late

However, it feels much better than the closed beta

If you are familiar with minimaps, and have photoshop or are handy with paintdotnet, go for it. There is a guide on how to do it at Kenz3001 YouTube channel. If you need additional help, I can help with it or even do it.

Enjoy "The Division".

Thx for the advice.

When I released one of the earlier versions, I did a minimap... However it came out very darkish and had trouble lining it up. I followed Kenz's guide - Apart from the tunnels, as that would be awkward - water caves and then the normal tunnel as well.

I'm gonna have another go, when I get a chance, but thx

• 3 weeks later...

Finishing off and finalizing Hourglass now, Thx to Rypel and Ruud with the Disable Base Defences script

Got about 5 check-lists to do : )

And work out the final timings for the Uplink that disables AGT/OBI

P.S. The Division is Epic

Edit: The current timings for Uplink

Capture Silo

Hold for 3 Minutes

Base Defence Disabled for 60 seconds + The Satellite dish spins round

Hold for a further 5 minutes

However, every time you recapture the Silo in resets : D So hold for 3 minutes etc

57c9ee9dd245e_Part1.jpg.13f8d92adc205b6fcbc504d8a5b56d40.jpg

57c9ee9dd7704_Part2.jpg.71377b1220672ac58a0649a3754fa73b.jpg

Edit: The current timings for Uplink

Capture Silo

Hold for 3 Minutes

Hold for a further 5 minutes

However, every time you recapture the Silo in resets : D So hold for 3 minutes etc

57c9ee9ddcee0_Part3.jpg.18a17cfa8143a258a08a25b95b8ab2ca.jpg

57c9ee9de1b3f_Part4.jpg.808e21def8b39cd61711abed9318376d.jpg

Keep up the good work :) and as Mayhem said I can't wait to give this a try as well :)

P.S feel free to join us on teamspeak one night for a blast on the division :) Rogue hunting :cool:

Thx, but WTF, I posted a paragraph of information more or less

I'm no longer converting the Terrain into Landscape, its a piss take

This is because, the process is lengthy, the map/textures are designed for Terrain, the Harvester still fucks up after converting to Landscape and finally, its very annoying and would have been much easier using landscape from the beginning

However if this map is a huge success and a lot of people enjoy it, I will personally convert the terrain into landscape if wanted/needed, I don't want to though...

P.S. Don't forget this is my first map on the SDK, and my first official map, however I can ensure you, that I have learnt from my mistakes, and from now on, I'll be using the landscape mode - This includes my current new map CnC-Stronghold (that's all you're getting)

On the other hand, the next map after Hourglass, will be Glacier Flying, Get the Repair Facility working boys : D

• Totem Arts Staff

Ruud is working on a destroyable Repair Facility. But at the moment he's scripted in kismet.

Check Henk's CNC-Reservoir

And to get the original model of Glacier is hard. 3ds Max 8 (has a w3d importer) can open the map but can't import only the meshes. So you need to import everything

Ruud is working on a destroyable Repair Facility. But at the moment he's scripted in kismet.

And to get the original model of Glacier is hard. 3ds Max 8 (has a w3d importer) can open the map but can't import only the meshes. So you need to import everything

Henk already extracted the Glacier Static Mesh for me, but thx : )

• Totem Arts Staff

Oh nice. Good luck

Hint: Give the map a snowy/ice look

Oh nice. Good luck

Hint: Give the map a snowy/ice look

That hint is SUPER useful, I might do that : D

Well, took the cheap way with these Terminal collisions : )

There are no exploits here, anymore

Down to 4 items - some sort of notification for the Uplink, Gonna try and block the GDI harvester on Hill, to avoid getting stuck, Build Lighting, and Finally Minimap

57c9ee9e14015_TheTerminalCollision.jpg.dd83d63bddb60aa2951dbdd7cd8dc3e2.jpg

Edited by Guest

Are you fucking Serious?

All it took was a BIG ROCK...Why Didn't I do that from the start

What a simple Fix, Typical

So GDI Harvester

1) Perfect Rotation with Reversing to go down same Path

or

2) Reverses onto the rock a tiny bit, and almost instantly fixes itself : ) And drives back down the path

However the reversing is a pain in the back side, yet they seem pretty even compared to one another...

3 Checks to Go : )

57c9ee9e195fa_Areyoufuckingserious.jpg.50afaaae6b784bf5f62b9b2b1e15ee48.jpg

Well, I've done the current Notification for the Uplink, I can add a sound at a later stage if needed, very Easily

Nod = Red Mini Beam

GDI = Yellow Mini Beam

I was originally planning for the beam to go into outer space, yet the ideal beam for this, goes downwards instead : (

However AS you may already be aware, there is a bug within the script atm

For Example, You are Nod

1) You capture Middle

2) 3 minutes later the base defence is disabled

3) If the building isn't destroyed within that time gap, the building will be reset to full health

On the Other Hand

3) If you destroy the Base Defence, WELL DONE

4) 5 minutes later and the next Uplink initiates

5) During the minute, Nothing will be affected

6) After the Uplink has occurred, The AGT will be resurrected from the dead - However it still counts that it's been destroyed, and as a result you cant redestroy the AGT in other words the AGT has god mode : )

Minimap and Lightning left

57c9ee9e53ef7_UplinkNotification.jpg.2c68bba35e44fe8e32afed21dc66a38e.jpg

Don't use a particle for a beam!

Use a static mesh instead which you'll control the transparency of via Matinee, and if you like, the scale too. Check Crash Site for an example

Well, I originally had the Ion Beam, but it didn't look right, and you can't tell the difference between the two teams

I have an Emitter at 60secs Prior to the Uplink because it's fully charged, and depending on the team that own the MCT, the emitter colour varies, giving the other team a warning and a chance to take it back : )

It will do for now, thx anyway, you know your shit : )

• Totem Arts Staff

Maby try this, got maby the same Issue on my Map if you got to much on your Map it costs insany high amount of CPU, in my Case it simply crashed. 1 PC mostly can't handle this if you build your lights with Lightmass.

Here's the setting to look for: LightmapResolution

adae72ae3dc9142411db70d9ca33b835.png

That's for the foliage.

Now for static meshes, you can set them in that same window OR, override them here:

c309e7e5e46ac9a8af8d605abe24b321.png

Whenever I build lighting on Hourglass it Crashes...

Whereas when I build lighting on other maps, Swarm boots up and the map doesn't crash...

It even boots up on Stronghold, my secondary map

Any theory for why?

I think because you have a 'terrain' there instead of a landscape, the lightmass can't boot. I think you have to build with legacy lighting if you're gonna keep using the terrain actor.

Try to delete the terrain just for a second and see if the lightmass will build, then you know your answer

The Terrain System is being replaced by the Landscape system once that system achieves feature parity with the current Terrain System.

https://udn.epicgames.com/Three/TerrainHome.html

Whenever I build lighting on Hourglass it Crashes...

Whereas when I build lighting on other maps, Swarm boots up and the map doesn't crash...

It even boots up on Stronghold, my secondary map

Any theory for why?

I think because you have a 'terrain' there instead of a landscape, the lightmass can't boot. I think you have to build with legacy lighting if you're gonna keep using the terrain actor.

Try to delete the terrain just for a second and see if the lightmass will build, then you know your answer

The Terrain System is being replaced by the Landscape system once that system achieves feature parity with the current Terrain System.

https://udn.epicgames.com/Three/TerrainHome.html

Thx for the Info,

I deleted the main terrain and it lasted longer before crashing...

I then deleted all 4 pieces of Terrain, and it didnt crash : )

How to build with legacy lighting?

• Totem Arts Staff

Click the Build Lighting only button, and it'll give you a small window of checklists. Just uncheck 'Use Lightmass'

Also, you can easily convert your terrain into landscape. There's a button for that in landscape menu

PS : Lightmass exists starting from the First version of UDK, far before Landscape is replaced by Terrain

Click the Build Lighting only button, and it'll give you a small window of checklists. Just uncheck 'Use Lightmass'

Also, you can easily convert your terrain into landscape. There's a button for that in landscape menu

PS : Lightmass exists starting from the First version of UDK, far before Landscape is replaced by Terrain

The lightmass option was already unticked, yet it crashes?

I know you can convert terrain to landscape, Look at top comment from this Page, I tried it, Yet everything fucks up - the map was designed for terrain

Edit: I decided to tick lightmass instead, and what do you know, Swarm boots up : )

And most Importantly, It Built Lightning Without Crashing, OMG : D 10minutes18seconds

P.S. Minimap Left, and Rypel to fix Disable Base Defence script

• 4 weeks later...