New patch for Christmas?

TK0104

From what Rypel has said, he has always wanted to patch around Christmas himself, pre-Yosh, many a time, but never was it truly ready so it usually fell to jan/feb.

But, from preliminary speculation, the answer to this thread is... yes. :cool:

Fingers crossed, that the tides in motion, take their course within the next 4 days.

I am not sure what the exact changelist is until Yosh posts it (should be any moment unless he caught something to delay it), and am not sure what map changes or whatnot made it, but I am not certain that TrainingYard made it in this time.

It also looks very possible that it could be out by the 23rd assuming Yosh didn't catch something, but 2 days shouldn't leave you out of the loop, and the changes should be significant for everyone to have to toy around with longer than that.

• Totem Arts Staff

Oh yeah forgot to say. B0NG was the other day on IRC and some people and me were talking about full version and patches. B0NG said he knew that Yosh had 90% of a new patch done.........so chance that we see a new patch coming christmas is possible

I don't know if I'd say severe. There were a few minor issues that we ran into while testing last night.

1) Some of the soft boundaries need looking at on Walls (EDIT: pretty sure that was actually just a replication bug (already fixed))

2) Mendoza is now a god among men

3) Stank missiles are knowingly broken and do crazy shit when locked on

4) Apache/Orca machine guns do no damage to MCTs

Some of that stuff won't make sense to these commoners. Back to the hidden section! Har har har!

I'll just put on my flak armor to protect me from the hate.

It isn't like this. I think B0ng was pretty clear. What "Canyon" has, is being added to all maps that can have it, such as Walls and Whiteout. Canyon can only do it with infantry walking out the map, now you can drive vehicles out the map. If you get out and abandon them, they should be destroyed as their own entity iirc. The only problem, is the countdown itself doesn't reset on death, meaning a second attempt will not lead to countdown timer.

There are other.... oddities, but those are just oddities. Also something surprising and special.

But mainly it's just an infantry usage specialization patch where your engineers both have purpose yet cannot be every character on a team any longer, and your riflemen both have to be included to raid structures and control field, and in fact can almost run the show without engineers rather than exclusively with engineers.

Good stuff once the volumes get moved and some balance numbers re-evaluated. The way Mendoza was going to be put in, he was literally going to be the mammoth tank of men (and most servers would have set his price tag as such).

5.005 is looking very good. Soft level boundaries on flying levels are amazing and lakeside has no more crazy invisible walls!

The infantry changes are amazing and really add a new flavor to the game.

There are only a few bugs/issues left to fix. This is the patch I've been most excited about in a while!

There are only a few bugs/issues left to fix. This is the patch I've been most excited about in a while!

Oh, me too. Been excited for weeks now myself. Just wasn't confident it could be fixed for Christmas, it was a relatively small fix to move the invisible death-counter plane, and to double-insure that you get a countdown every time you cross it even after death, but to package it seems to take a day and a half so if Yosh isn't packaging a fixed build then it would be safer to let them know it may be post-christmas.

It may still be before the next PUG in the New Year.

Super-Kh":3v9pl7gi]hope snow gets added (please please please please please)

I heard, but it's only rumours, Lakeside and Crashsite will be in!

Snow likely won't be in. Crash Site *might* be in depending on if the assets get implemented into the core game. Ruud and Yosh need to work that one out.

Otherwise, Lakeside needs a tiny fix to prevent glitching/griefing, the new armor system needs to apply fall damage, mendoza needs a nerf, some vehicles need to apply damage to MCTs, proxies need some slight changes, and vehicles need a slight modification to prevent griefing with the soft level boundaries.

On paper, mendoza has the same dps etc as mobius but in actually game play, mendoza is insane. Not sure if it's the reduced fire rate causing less spread or what but he definitely needs a nerf.

As you can see above, no major show stoppers, but still bugs that need fixing.

"djlaptop": C4 refill bug fixed by any chance?

--------------------------

"yosh56": Yes

"Ryz": Zupaaahtoll, thx Yosh!

"XD_ERROR_XD": +1 :D

He fixed a number of bugs. I never seen anyone not want to share bug fixes in advance, so I will take the liberty to name a few of them. These should be fixed:

-C4 won't refill (confident 100%)

-SBH stuck as spectator (code now rechecks, may still happen but unlikely?)

-Orca/Apache/Mammoth unreliable-fire (it's UDK-specific but made less sensitive to clientside)

-Stealth Tank Accuracy (was bad, then was better, now is bestest)

-Soft Boundaries (Kenz3001 added it to Walls, Whiteout, and Lakeside[?], and Agent made the boundaries unspoofable via code for both infantry and vehicles)