[Map] CNC-TrainingYard

TK0104

• Totem Arts Staff

Weapon Update

So I've been thinking about the spawn weapon thing. I don't want to add in weapons we already know and is already used by a infantry class. So I decided to make my own weapon. I've been searching through the weapon models and found the old model for the Tiberium Flechette Rifle.

bZlOvaN.png

I had the idea of using that one with different ammo. I was thinking of giving this weapon 30 round clip with small explosion ammo. I've been testing this and is quite strong weapon and that is helpful for hottie/tech sneaking.

I gave the weapon a name and hope you like it: Tactical Submachine Gun. Why? Cause the original name was Tiberium Flechette Rifle.

A little testplay:

LAAcN3N17Ng

So if the WF stays on the New Place, Nod will able to rape the spawning Tanks like on Original Mesa?

That would be pretty nasty!

Good point. I can add cover for it

You could rotate the WF so the vehicle spawning point is facing the ocean side, or a better way to describe what I have in mind is have the WF's arse face the entrance that is closest to it.

• Totem Arts Staff

Screenshots

7XUzXiz.jpg

5umHshA.jpg

1wvX41p.jpg

RB01EMx.jpg

9bspxgp.jpg

And I already did some changes:

- New Pickup system made with Kismet. It looks/sounds like the original pickup system

- Added a Sun

- Added some falling tree leaves

- Removed rocks at beach (Nod Side only)

- Added Water sounds at the beach

- Made the lighting better + shadows are better

- Removed LightmassImportanceVolume (or whatever that is called). Was probably issue of weird shadows

- Added Blocking volumes on the top of the rocks to make sure there will be no "old-school 5.003 stand on rocks" issue

- Updated Preview Image:

s2J1gBW.png

The map is at his final state for the next release. I have to do some more testplays and fix issues when I find them. I hope I can finish the map this weekend but I can't promise anything yet.

• 2 months later...

I just saw this thread now and I haven't really been on in like a year because of computer problems. I looked through some of the comments and wanted to just wanted to put in my idea. I really like the map but, the middle area needs some fleshing out. It seems too barren. Maybe they could be something like a creek and some trees (like the backpaths of Lakeside) in the grassy infantry area. The creek could run the length of the no man's land from the GDI tiberium field to the Nod tiberium field. The areas where vehicles can cross could explain all the muddiness around the map (especially in the vehicle parts of the no man's land.

A while back, I remember there being a night time version. Is that still a thing? Just wondering.

• 1 month later...

Just had a quick gander on it.

Basically on the Nod Harvester side where you can go up the infantry path to the bridge, you can jump on the rocks and then kinda snipe behind a rock and you can also get stuck within some rocks if you walk all the way to the edge.

Once you jump on the rock, with a little crouch action to secure yourself, you can just get the top and make your way to the area, an area which the other side of the infantry path doesn't have.

kOQItDh.jpgv33HNM6.jpg

Edited by Snappy

• 2 months later...
  • Totem Arts Staff

@DarkSn4ke

- B2B isn't possible. I tried it out recently but the rockets won't reach the GDI Refinery.

- Minimap needs to be re-done. I changed some stuff in the last couple months (at a time I couldn't work with a photoshopping program (I use GIMP atm)). The last one was made by YagiHige. But he don't have Always the time to do a minimap so I had do to it myself by watching Kenz's tutorial :P 

@Snappy

I almost forgot your bugs report. Thanks!

• 2 months later...
11 minutes ago, TK0104 said:

This is a forgotten map. I can fix a hundred times more but I will never be re-released to a patch. It's just a very bad map I made back in the day I was a beginner.

that's your decision. but please consider to fix the map and "release" it. When @Schmitzenbergh releases a launcher version with a working "custom map download section" the players (and ofc server owners) will decide if they like the map. You've put so much effort into this map. Why abandon it now?

• 4 weeks later...
  • Totem Arts Staff
54 minutes ago, TK0104 said:

@DarkSn4ke @Luhrian I made up my mind! I'll restart the works on this map and Uphill after CliffSide is released!

Expect more soon!

I'm glad to hear that :)

P.S. Maybe you should think about CNC-City and ask some Devs for help for this map. Everyone who you ask, wants to see this map. They want to see it really. I'll make screens next time, if people talking about it.

• Totem Arts Staff
1 hour ago, Luhrian said:

I'm glad to hear that :)

P.S. Maybe you should think about CNC-City and ask some Devs for help for this map. Everyone who you ask, wants to see this map. They want to see it really. I'll make screens next time, if people talking about it.

I know multiple people are trying to make City aswell (Havoc89 is making one (WIP) and Ruud and Henk made one which isn't done because the assets aren't made yet)

And the one I made is quite crappy. I could optimize it but the overpass is straight from the original game which looks really crappy. The biggest problem is the overpass.

But first I'll finish CliffSide (which is taking a lot of time because there are so many things which needs optimization or reworked because it is crappy done)

OR maybe I'll fix Training Yard which are minor bugs. Uphill needs a lot of work! :o

6 minutes ago, TK0104 said:

I know multiple people are trying to make City aswell (Havoc89 is making one (WIP) and Ruud and Henk made one which isn't done because the assets aren't made yet)

And the one I made is quite crappy. I could optimize it but the overpass is straight from the original game which looks really crappy. The biggest problem is the overpass.

But first I'll finish CliffSide (which is taking a lot of time because there are so many things which needs optimization or reworked because it is crappy done)

OR maybe I'll fix Training Yard which are minor bugs. Uphill needs a lot of work! :o

I always wonder why people can't teamup. I know Ren-x has a small community and that there are a lot of different issues and interest / routes to take. I also know that @TK0104 did a lot of work on maps and that it wasn't always promising. That's not a complaint, but a fact if you consider how he started. It's all cause people need to learn by making mistakes. But these mistakes lead to better work like, in @TK0104 place, Tomb for example. . I would really like to see that the different 'talents', raw diamonds and shaped jewels included, teamup and help each-other. Why can't people work (more) together on a game? Why can't 'old maps' like Tommy's TrainingYard or @Schmitzenbergh Grassyknoll  be updated with help of the team. I also notice there a lot of new people interested to help out the game. I just hope, for the sake of Ren-X, those people find eachother.

Amen, uh for Kane!

• Totem Arts Staff
18 hours ago, TK0104 said:

I know multiple people are trying to make City aswell (Havoc89 is making one (WIP)

Oh, they will be really happy to her this

18 hours ago, Ryz said:

I always wonder why people can't teamup. I know Ren-x has a small community and that there are a lot of different issues and interest / routes to take. I also know that @TK0104 did a lot of work on maps and that it wasn't always promising. That's not a complaint, but a fact if you consider how he started. It's all cause people need to learn by making mistakes. But these mistakes lead to better work like, in @TK0104 place, Tomb for example. . I would really like to see that the different 'talents', raw diamonds and shaped jewels included, teamup and help each-other. Why can't people work (more) together on a game? Why can't 'old maps' like Tommy's TrainingYard or @Schmitzenbergh Grassyknoll  be updated with help of the team. I also notice there a lot of new people interested to help out the game. I just hope, for the sake of Ren-X, those people find eachother.

I think the biggest problem is the time, it isn't very easy to find in every week a few hours to talk about the plans for the future from this map.

• Totem Arts Staff

Soo, I tested the map on the TO server with Try-Out and here are some little bugs. (don't worry it should only take like 10-20 minutes to fix it :))

Bug reports:

Spoiler

You can jump from the bar on the containers next to it and place a nuke. It is not really a big problem but I think you should fix it.

20170304235314_1.thumb.jpg.4032ee95f003534d552cc8fde3ac2a0f.jpg

Just use your Damage Volumes from the containers near WF, they are doing their job very well xD

R.I.P

So just take a look on this screen:

20170304234546_1.thumb.jpg.cba4ce1f9786c057fb78da482e259f13.jpg

The Material is looking a bit weird and crap.

So now some floating stuff:

20170304233544_1.thumb.jpg.1702debfb66d2b51608d4fadfcbe05c4.jpg

Floating tree near Weps

20170304221938_1.thumb.jpg.2089619e42649ea2e68a45da08dd14f7.jpg

The containers at the airstrip are floating

20170305000558_1.thumb.jpg.edf2fb684ca3ac28c32b52c37f76a8c0.jpg

Floating lamp behind Weps

That's it with the floating stuff

20170304233352_1.thumb.jpg.30cc1ac0949fe8bf34061cb07cbd762f.jpg

You forgot to add the Vehicle blocking volume at the airtrip containers, you can just dirve through the tank blockers.

So,  now my personal feedback:

Spoiler

20170304233058_1.thumb.jpg.318158e32af096a4ff1b57cc0abd3428.jpg

You should add a bit more cover to the infantry path with the bridge. For an APC or enemy Infantry it is too easy to kill that people on this Path.

On the bridge you could add some Wood crates or something else and on the path to the bridge maybe some rocks.

20170305000014_1.thumb.jpg.c23270c3aa14b3946e26ec7cdf870ca5.jpg

Maybe add some trees here. With the trees you can make the tank spawn killing from the Refinery side a bit more difficult.

Increase the tank limit a bit. I can understand you, that the map is maybe a bit too small for 10 Mamooths, but I think a tank limit from 6 or 7 wouldn't be so bad on this map.

But I like the changes of the new version, the grass and the additional way to the silo.

So finally I can say that I am looking forward to play this map on the public server. (Maybe you can test it tomorrow on the Pug server)

Special thanks to Try-Out, who was helping me to find these bugs.

So that's it for now :)

Edited by Luhrian

• Totem Arts Staff

@Luhrian thanks for testing it out! I'll take a look at it today :)

Ah, I thought it wasn't possible to get on Bar containers, but I think only with Patch (because he can run fast) :/

About the landscape material. It's taken from Islands and I changed the textures. Will take some more time to optimize it but won't be a huge problem :)