[Map] CNC-TrainingYard

TK0104

• Totem Arts Staff

Hi,

So straight to the point. I did some changes for CNC-TrainingYard to keep it in patch 5005. I do this because it looks like my map already got rid of all servers already :(.

So I got below a changelist. This is not the final changelist for an upcoming patch (if Yosh is so kind to add it):

- Changed (Just 4 you) the time of the day. It is now in the afternoon

- Changed the tiberium back to green. I did this because this looks better on the map.

- Fixed the b2b problem. GDI can't attack the Nod Refinery anymore from their base.

- Changed foliage tree's to normal static meshes

- Made a new endgame camera

- Removed the walls at the base entrances (vehicle path)

- Added different Physical Materials to the landscape.

And I made some other small changes but those are not important. And it won't change the gameplay of it.

• Totem Arts Staff

I made a minimap. It is not 100% good. Cause when you stand on the air, the minimap says that your next to it :P

And this is made with PowerPoint and paint (See what you can do without photoshop :P)

• 3 weeks later...
  • Totem Arts Staff

UPDATE 12-13-15

Changelist

- Removed the all the concrete walls and replaced some of them with tankblockers

- Changed all the builings with ramp versions

- Added Vehicle Blocking Volumes between HoN and PP so vehicles won't get stuck.

- Added 2 concrete walls at the GDI base Infantry Entrance (Road to beach) so you will see that vehicles can't go to there.

Note

I did this to make the gameplay better once again and many people were against it what I did to TrainingYard in 5004.

• 4 weeks later...
make sure you understand how you have to place the soft boundaries. they are very picky.
Also Training Yard could honestly just get rid of all boundaries and kill you if you're dumb enough to walk off of the map.
I like dis.

I think soft boundaries, from what I was told just today, is set to time based entirely on the mapmaker. If true, set it to 4 seconds. If you step out of bounds, you have 4 seconds to correct that mistake. If you aren't able to react in 2 seconds, to walk back into the map in 2 seconds, then at least you won't make that mistake again.

• Totem Arts Staff

UPDATE

The new edition has some small changes to make the map "beautifuller".

Changelist

- Changed all the blocking volumes to SoftBoundary Volumes

- Changed all the rocks to better collision versions

- Added a preview image to the Skirmish menu

(Google Drive) Download Here TrainingYard

(IndieDB) Download Here TrainingYard

(Constructive Tyranny) Download Here TrainingYard

Edited by Guest

UPDATE

The new edition has some small changes to make the map "beautifuller".

Changelist

- Changed all the blocking volumes to SoftBoundary Volumes

- Changed all the rocks to better collision versions

- Added a preview image to the Skirmish menu

(Google Drive) Download Here TrainingYard

(IndieDB) Download Here TrainingYard

Training Yard google drive link is inaccessible. Permission to open is denied.

Gameplay:

Nod can borderline base to base the barracks and powerplant. In my opinion the map is really stale. The silo path is super long and boring. It's way too far away from the action considering this map seems to be going for a close quarters fast paced type of thing. Not much to do overall, two seperated small vehicles paths, and one semi-infantry path straight up the middle. Personally I hate how the turrets/guard towers hit so much of the field since they can just own you if you go for harv. Just my opinions though.

Mapping:

Your soft boundaries are broken in some places. My understanding is that the sides, top, and bottom of the boundaries can't be exposed. Otherwise you get the endless countdown if you enter/exit at one of those spots. Could be wrong, but that's what I last heard. Agent/kenz probably knows better.

Gameplay:

Nod can borderline base to base the barracks and powerplant. In my opinion the map is really stale. The silo path is super long and boring.

Your soft boundaries are broken in some places. My understanding is that the sides, top, and bottom of the boundaries can't be exposed. Otherwise you get the endless countdown if you enter/exit at one of those spots. Could be wrong, but that's what I last heard. Agent/kenz probably knows better.

I didn't know there even was a silo. Wut?

And soft boundaries, AFAIK they shouldn't have "flat overlapping sides", slanted sides differentiate if you are "entering or leaving" and sides that are touching but not overlapping don't produce endless countdown, but 90 degree angle sides assumes leaving from the sides, unless told to ignore like in Agent's code, but if told to ignore at a sideways angle while you actually are leaving, then you get permanent countdown.

I have a fairly reliable way to produce functional soft boundaries AFAIK though this video, around 50 seconds in.

• 2 months later...
  • Totem Arts Staff

CNC-TrainingYard Release V4.2

The new version hasn't changed a lot. Only some light changes, world properties editing and lowered volumes cause they were very high for some reason. With the new settings in the world properties, a lot of shadows gone.

This is giving the map a more realistic thing:

eQlSEVm.jpg

Download Here CNC-TrainingYard (V4.2)

I didn't know there even was a silo. Wut?

Serious? I always use it to see IF I can reach the enemy ref, which is usually camped by people who know that you can do it that way.

BTW: I vote to bring back Trainingyard V1.0 without the bugs and weapon pick-ups!

• 4 weeks later...
  • Totem Arts Staff

I have some ideas for TrainingYard

- Replace Turrets with GT's for better defence (I edit the teamnumber with Kismet)

- Remove 1 tiberium field and make of that area an infantry path to the silo

- Silo will give the team access to Tiberium Weapons once again (Tiberium Auto-Rifle (Green) and Tiberium Flechette Rifle)

- Silo will give the team access to Tiberium Weapons once again (Tiberium Auto-Rifle (Green) and Tiberium Flechette Rifle)

That's something yosh is not going to like. When he doesn't like something, they tend to not be in the game. Soon this is going to up to b0ng, and he doesn't like purchasable tib weapons either.

The tib field change is good, and replace it with the nearly worthless silo path

Why they are so negative about those weapons. They were awesome

I get while you like it, it made a hottie / tech more powerfull. Especially in beta1 where you had the weapons for every game after you bought one, but it's also game breaking. Maybe give the silo an extra function which is less powerfull?

The flechette was way too powerful

You could just make him less powerfull. And is blue Tib rifle not too strong?

Nope. It's too weak in fact. Blue tib rifle is locked to one character, and that being a 1K character. Flechette was 400, was stronger against inf, and could be purchased by any class in the game.

Still, but I never did a full comparison, I find the blue tib rifle way stronger than mobius gun. Last night I killed a WF by hitting MCT with it a Goldrush by just standing at the door for two full magazines (and shooting ofc,)

Still, but I never did a full comparison, I find the blue tib rifle way stronger than mobius gun. Last night I killed a WF by hitting MCT with it a Goldrush by just standing at the door for two full magazines (and shooting ofc,)

Mobius gun can do the same exact thing exchanging a little bit of lethality for hitscan and no armor penalties, but back on topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • Totem Arts Staff

So I found on my drive one of the REAL first version of CNC-TrainingYard.............Which was called Tutorial back in the day. I'm quite dissappointed about what I did to the map in the past. So I want to make it look like the original version again.

Think about the 5.003 version and then you know what I mean

Think about the 5.003 version and then you know what I mean

That map, the bridges and bunkers, drop the weapon pick-up, make silo path bit more interesting and it is perfect if you ask me!

• Totem Arts Staff

So some changes:

- Changed to the 5.003 light and sky (now with fog and some settings in world properties)

- Re-Added the bridge and made it bigger so it is no small bridge

- Removed for both refinery's the ramps (A. to make the path near it infantry friendly B. no one uses it

- Made the base entrances (vehicle paths) smaller so B2B is not available

- Added in the center of the tiberium fields a rock for cover so you can repair it

- Vehicles can't reach the infantry tunnel anymore to prevent vehicle camping

- Added containers at base entrances (infantry path) so you can sneak easier

- Added a new route to the silo (from the center)

- Changed haverster locations. Harverster goes to the closest tiberium field from the refinery

- Added some rubble at the beach route

I quite like Training Yard and the new changes all sound promising - especially bringing back the bridge and I also assume cliff paths to reach it.

How have you sheltered the central infantry route from the vehicle sides? More trees or rocky arches? Would be good to still let inf access the vehicle routes from the centre.

• Totem Arts Staff
How have you sheltered the central infantry route from the vehicle sides? More trees or rocky arches? Would be good to still let inf access the vehicle routes from the centre.

No I didn't. But placing some rocks sounds good to me

• Totem Arts Staff

So some small (or should I say huge) changes

- Re-designed GDI Base. I swapped building locations to balance the infantry sneaking. Nod has also now the chance to sneak in and kill the GDI Refinery or Weapons Factory from the Beach route. Same for Power Plant and Barracks. They can sneak in and enter without getting shot by a GT

- Landscape material changes. The Mud road is changed to a regular dirt road with new decals. The riverbed material is swapped with extreme dry dirt

- Added rocks in front of the base entrances (infantry for cover and prevent b2b shooting

- Added some small no-collision rocks on the beach

- Got rid of the base defence at the beach base entrances

- Added sounds

And also take a look at the new GDI Base:

ikuh9rN.jpg

(NOTE: Lights are not buid yet)

• Totem Arts Staff
So if the WF stays on the New Place, Nod will able to rape the spawning Tanks like on Original Mesa?

That would be pretty nasty!

Good point. I can add cover for it