Change the Kill shound

QUAKERxnc

There is a simple answer to the topic's question:

No you can't change it. (maybe you can but then you can't play online anymore)

Please read the FAQ!

Q: Will we be able to customize skins/sounds/boink/models with Renegade-X the way we could in C&C Renegade?

A: No. This is for multiple reasons. The main reason is just the way data is handled in UT3 with materials, code, and packages. In order to change a skin you would essentially have to change the version of the mod, which means you wouldn't be able to play on servers, and even then the server would download the original "correct" files and use those anyways. A secondary reason is to prevent "advantage skin" exploits/cheats.[/b]

lol the first time i heard the boink sound in Renegade i couldn't stop laughing for about a minute.

The first time i heard it in Renegade-X it was the same effect again. It's part of Renegade and one of the most brilliant killsounds i've ever heard.

So: It is the Boink. You will be assimilated. Resistance is futile! :P

QUOTE (Mighty BOB! @ Oct 2 2009, 03:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
We'll also include moar reticules. :o [/b]

Might bob here is my question can we have to old reticle from official renegade where the dot is moving away behind a object it's way better to me ... also change the way charakters move and dammage from snipers and aiming for snipers please like in old renegade than it would own so much!!!!

love for you <3

• 4 years later...
  • Totem Arts Staff

I hate the boink too.

I've brought it up multiple times but it is currently not a priority.

First thing we need to do is check all our gamebreaking bugs, map issues, server issues and the likes then we'll see about the boink :P

Please read the FAQ!

Q: Will we be able to customize skins/sounds/boink/models with Renegade-X the way we could in C&C Renegade?

A: No. This is for multiple reasons. The main reason is just the way data is handled in UT3 with materials, code, and packages. In order to change a skin you would essentially have to change the version of the mod, which means you wouldn't be able to play on servers, and even then the server would download the original "correct" files and use those anyways. A secondary reason is to prevent "advantage skin" exploits/cheats.[/b]

I hate to play devil's advocate, but is it not possible for a checkbox in the options to disable killconfirm sounds, or a slider just for the sound?

A lot of people who aren't legacy dislike it. It might just be worth catering the option to them.

This isn't about upholding the religion of the boink, this is about not being a crusader and killing in the name of the boink. This is about being friendly to haters of the boink, because nobody has to get into fights over the boink, followers of the boink can follow it AND be tolerent.

Just my suggestion.

I hate to play devil's advocate, but is it not possible for a checkbox in the options to disable killconfirm sounds, or a slider just for the sound?

A lot of people who aren't legacy dislike it. It might just be worth catering the option to them.

This isn't about upholding the religion of the boink, this is about not being a crusader and killing in the name of the boink. This is about being friendly to haters of the boink, because nobody has to get into fights over the boink, followers of the boink can follow it AND be tolerent.

Just my suggestion.

BOINK

Back to the topic: As far as I know that will be the case. It just does not have a high priority at the moment.

Please read the FAQ!

Just my suggestion.

The helix fossil has nothing on the boink. All hail the boink!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

He gazed up at the screen. Forty years it had taken him to learn what kind of power was hidden beneath the dulcet tone. O cruel, needless misunderstanding! O stubborn, self-willed exile from the loving sound! Two gin-scented tears trickled down the sides of his nose. But it was all right, everything was all right, the struggle was finished. He had won the victory over himself. He loved the boink.