Jump to content

Introducing the Totem Arts Launcher


NodSaibot
 Share

Recommended Posts

  • Developer

Rx_ForumBanner_New.thumb.png.f5242e4d33b2f0ee483fe02eceacfdd1.png


Launcher download link
 

Effective immediately, our new Totem Arts Launcher will replace the existing launcher for Renegade X. Our new launcher features multi-game support (Firestorm will be installed via the same launcher when it releases), a more flexible update system and more stability.

The new launcher installs separately from the game. After you install the launcher, you will have to select the Renegade X that the game is installed into for it to know where to look for the files. This can be done in the Renegade X tab with the Settings button. If your game is running in a privileged directory such as Program Files x86, the launcher will have to be run as admin to update unless the permissions for the game directory are manually updated. In the future this will be accounted for and the launcher will prompt for permission updates.

The visuals/UI side of the launcher will be upgraded and updated progressively, the current visuals are temporary. A known issue is that it may appear the download/verification stages are stuck since they don't show a more fine-tuned percentage. If there is network activity/CPU activity it is advised to let it continue. If it is stuck, you can simply restart the launcher and it will resume at it's last position.

If you have any other outstanding issues please reach out and let us know. You can make a thread here or get in contact via Discord.
 

 

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • NodSaibot changed the title to Introducing the Totem Arts Launcher
On 12/9/2022 at 5:21 AM, NodSaibot said:

The visuals/UI side of the launcher will be upgraded and updated progressively, the current visuals are temporary.

Great! So I assume that image on the GitHub project is still reflective on the final thing planed. Although I do have to say that this rush is a bit strange, was there an exploit or is Firestorm Assault immanent?

 

Oh and I almost forgot, what's in-store for the UDK launcher?

Edited by LeonardMT
UDK launcher
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...

Hello! I just stumbled across this site, and am dying to try Renegade X, but am having trouble figuring out how to install it.

The link to the "Renegade X installer" starts the "Totem Arts Launcher" downloading, but after installing and running that, I can't figure out how to actually install any games. I see there's two "Install" buttons, but both of them ask me to select a directory, like they're looking for another file. I tried selecting an empty directory, but the install process doesn't get anywhere past 0%. Are there instructions anywhere on how to properly install the game at this time?

Edited by Andycorm
Clarity
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Developer
47 minutes ago, Andycorm said:

Hello! I just stumbled across this site, and am dying to try Renegade X, but am having trouble figuring out how to install it.

The link to the "Renegade X installer" starts the "Totem Arts Launcher" downloading, but after installing and running that, I can't figure out how to actually install any games. I see there's two "Install" buttons, but both of them ask me to select a directory, like they're looking for another file. I tried selecting an empty directory, but the install process doesn't get anywhere past 0%. Are there instructions anywhere on how to properly install the game at this time?

New versions of the launcher will better guide this part of installation along with useful error messages, but it is still being tested.

For now just make sure you are selecting an empty folder that does not require admin rights (like program files 86). It should install fine after that point

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Nothing works for me either! tried multiple directories in diffrent parts and it still wont do anything! what was wrong witht the old way of installing it might i ask!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Developer
5 minutes ago, mansy said:

Nothing works for me either! tried multiple directories in diffrent parts and it still wont do anything! what was wrong witht the old way of installing it might i ask!

The old launcher did not have a proper license attributed to the project. Some developers that contributed to it in the past no longer wanted their work in it and it was easier to recreate a new one than fix every piece of the last launcher.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/2/2023 at 3:38 PM, NodSaibot said:

New versions of the launcher will better guide this part of installation along with useful error messages, but it is still being tested.

For now just make sure you are selecting an empty folder that does not require admin rights (like program files 86). It should install fine after that point

Thanks NodSaiBot! Unfortunately, that's what I did, and although it brings up a screen, as if it's going to start the download/install, nothing is processed and it's just stuck at 0%.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Quote

Effective immediately, our new Totem Arts Launcher will replace the existing launcher for Renegade X.

Really?    You couldn't say:   Presenting the new Launcher!   

or you couldn't say:     We are proud to announce!

Instead  we get  the Offensive and impersonal :   Effectively immediately?

You Will Comply~!!!

 

 

Edited by isupreme
cringe, humor
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Developer
4 hours ago, Andycorm said:

Thanks NodSaiBot! Unfortunately, that's what I did, and although it brings up a screen, as if it's going to start the download/install, nothing is processed and it's just stuck at 0%.

We've released a new version that may help you with your current issues. If you can't get it to work, I'd recommend hopping into our Discord server so we can help you in real time.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, NodSaibot said:

We've released a new version that may help you with your current issues. If you can't get it to work, I'd recommend hopping into our Discord server so we can help you in real time.

There we go! I reinstalled the Totem Arts Launcher, tried clicking "install" and it whined about the directory not being writable, but then I closed the app, right clicked the Totem Arts Launcher shortcut in windows and did "Run as administrator", and now after clicking "Install" it seems to be doing what it's supposed to.

Thanks!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Developer
21 hours ago, Andycorm said:

There we go! I reinstalled the Totem Arts Launcher, tried clicking "install" and it whined about the directory not being writable, but then I closed the app, right clicked the Totem Arts Launcher shortcut in windows and did "Run as administrator", and now after clicking "Install" it seems to be doing what it's supposed to.

Thanks!!

Happy that it's working! I'd recommend a setup that does not involve running as admin, as it is not necessary to run the launcher.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Developer
On 1/8/2023 at 2:27 PM, Wrench said:

oh btw, windows does that every 3rd day virus scan and now it assumes that the launcher is a trojan lmao

We've heard of similar issues, it's because of the Electron framework we use for the app. Obviously we know that it has no viruses, but we have done scans on VirusTotal that have come up with nothing, as well as sending it to Microsoft to get it cleared.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...