Renegade X: Patch 5.64a.312 - Hotfix Patch Notes

TK0104

• Totem Arts Staff

Rx_ForumBanner_564a312.thumb.png.d6b4ad9af549a5a5106ed6223d633203.png

"Welcome Back, Commander!"

This hotfix patch resolves a bunch of issues discovered over the last 24 hours, all patch notes for any further updates (including yesterday's patch notes) are below.

Over the past months, we've seen unexpected bugs and glitches occurring in patches that we weren't aware of before launch. Some of these have been in the game for a longer period of time while they were unintended. With the release of Patch 5.64a.312, we've solved a number of these issues that were most critical and were in need of a fix. With that, we've also included some minor balance changes and additional map fixes.

Check it out!

Rx_ForumBanner_Changelog.thumb.png.ee5a248998c18de97bca5a6673bab442.png

Spoiler

| Bug Fixes |

• Fixed a bug where the Nuke crate would not damage infantry
  • Fixed a bug where you wouldn't switch to a different weapon once you used your C4 or grenade
  • Fixed a bug where Nod would not receive VP from building rewards in certain cases
  • Fixed a bug where the Repair Gun beam would go through certain walls in 3rd person mode
  • Fixed a bug where players would get kicked incorrectly for "ghost client"
  • Added another fix for the soundbug

| Changes |

• Veterancy System
    • Added a 1 VP reward for destroying enemy AT mines

| Balance |

• Sydney / Raveshaw: [New]
    • Reduced the speed from 1.0 to 0.95
  • Tiberium Flechette Rifle: [New]
    • Reduced the base damage from 16 to 15
    • Reduced the headshot multiplier from 1.67x to 1.5x
  • Marksman Rifle; Sniper Rifle; Ramjet Rifle:
    • Added a spread penalty while moving

| Visuals / Audio |

• Fixed a bug where weapon attachments would spawn inside of the character mesh instead of their designated holsters
  • Fixed a bug where wheel particles effects continued to play while there was no driver
  • Fixed a bug where a white dot would remain when aiming down the sight
  • Fixed a bug where "{TEXT}" was visible when spotting commander abilities (Spy Plane f.e.)

| Maps |

• Field
    • Fixed a bug where a material was missing from the bridge near the waterfall
  • Mesa
    • Aligned collision with the visuals of the landscape to prevent bullets from colliding with air
  • Tomb
    • Fixed an issue where grenades would fall through the ground around the Hand of Nod and Airstrip
  • Under
    • Fixed an issue where the Silo chimney particle effect didn't appear

Internal Revision: 12172

• Like 2

• Fffreak9999 changed the title to Renegade X: Patch 5.64.309 - Patch Notes
  • Fffreak9999 pinned this topic

Hot & Spicy

Edit_001:

It is epic being able to correctly spam explosives again, thanks a lot for that fix, but since this update I have yet encountered a longer and a more heavy load while entering a server which causes an increased time to join. So sometimes I cannot be sure, if Renegade X has been stucked/frozen on main menu while loading up into a server..

Edited by N3tRunn3r

• Totem Arts Staff
5 hours ago, N3tRunn3r said:

Hot & Spicy

Edit_001:

It is epic being able to correctly spam explosives again, thanks a lot for that fix, but since this update I have yet encountered a longer and a more heavy load while entering a server which causes an increased time to join. So sometimes I cannot be sure, if Renegade X has been stucked/frozen on main menu while loading up into a server..

Is it happening many times? It's possible the shaders are rebuilding. You can check the logs for that.

7 hours ago, NodSaibot said:

Is it happening many times? It's possible the shaders are rebuilding. You can check the logs for that.

Yeah, was guessing about rebuilding/caching shaders. If a map has been loaded up for once, the loading-up process for that specific map is nearly as fast as it was before. Though before this patch and after a complete, clean and fresh reinstall of my OS and RenX, the loading-up process of maps didnt take that long.. I do clean up my caches nearly everyday.

EDIT_001:

On Map "Tomb", I solely insta rushed GDI REF as a Nod Engy. 1 Timed C4 and 2 Remote C4 nearly killed their REF. As about 3% was left only, prob saved by a-second repair.

EDIT_002:

A full server (Field) was nearly emptied while/after loading up the next map (Lakeside), as well as sound bug returned and applied after years. At least for me. Had to restart RenX. Also players were complaining about these both issues.

EDIT_003:

Rockets of Rocket Soldier glitch out. After reload rockets wont be shot but still reloading afterwards. The "reloading-bug" from the past as we know it already.

Edited by N3tRunn3r

• Totem Arts Staff
10 hours ago, N3tRunn3r said:

Yeah, was guessing about rebuilding/caching shaders. If a map has been loaded up for once, the loading-up process for that specific map is nearly as fast as it was before. Though before this patch and after a complete, clean and fresh reinstall of my OS and RenX, the loading-up process of maps didnt take that long.. I do clean up my caches nearly everyday.

EDIT_001:

On Map "Tomb", I solely insta rushed GDI REF as a Nod Engy. 1 Timed C4 and 2 Remote C4 nearly killed their REF. As about 3% was left only, prob saved by a-second repair.

EDIT_002:

A full server (Field) was nearly emptied while/after loading up the next map (Lakeside), as well as sound bug returned and applied after years. At least for me. Had to restart RenX. Also players were complaining about these both issues.

EDIT_003:

Rockets of Rocket Soldier glitch out. After reload rockets wont be shot but still reloading afterwards. The "reloading-bug" from the past as we know it already.

All shaders are built when we make patches, so it seems that something went wrong on our side. When shaders compile, it basically freezes the entire client and uses a ton of CPU, so I think people get confused with it being a crash/freeze, because there is no indication from the game that it is building shaders. We will most likely be putting out another patch relatively soon

• Like 1

• Fffreak9999 changed the title to Renegade X: Patch 5.64a.312 - Hotfix Patch Notes

2 days ago straight after the patch, I had planted a remote C4 onto a SBH's head. He seemed afk and cloaked next to a rock where the crate spawns on Nod's Island. After I had triggered that remote, he didnt take any damage of it. Not a scratch. I cannot remember our promotion levels anymore.

Today after the Hotfix as GDI - also on Islands - one single remote C4 did kill me inside Nod REF which wasn't even directly next to me. I had full HP. We both were Recruits. So my 2 Remotes and 1 Timed would had still killed their REF again, as yesterday on Tomb, if they didnt repair it before the Timed exploded.

It looks and feels like Engy Recruit C4's are a bit off.. Yet I havent been able to test that at other promotion levels and/or other characters on CT live servers. Or simply if various MCT's are different..

P.s.:

Today a bunch of players have complained again about these longer loading times, were afraid of a frozen game, as well as heavy CPU/GPU loads, and the "no-sound" bug. Especially happens on Lakeside. About ~30 players didnt rejoin.. That emptied the CT Marathon Server just by now.

But it is great to see a whole bunch of newcomers into Ren-X [...]

EDIT_001:

As a last Hotty game kicked me out. Lost Hotty, money and even become demoted.

Edited by N3tRunn3r

• 2 weeks later...