about the donation notice...

isupreme

For the Record I have donated.

Maybe its just me but i do not find the notice appealing.    We need your help... are you picking this up.      It strikes me the wrong way.  Kinda negative.

I would rather see something that encourages my participation by invoking teamwork, or being a part of the Forward march of RenX etc.  This is such an awesome game and I have always enjoyed being a tiny part of it's evolutions.       Appeal to this.

• Like 1

Nice Trivia.     But new players will not understand.

Are you picking this up?   ...  sounds like an insult.

We need your help.  ...   sounds desperate.

Where is the celebration of this being possible?

Edited by isupreme

22 hours ago, isupreme said:

Nice Trivia.     But new players will not understand.

Are you picking this up?   ...  sounds like an insult.

We need your help.  ...   sounds desperate.

Where is the celebration of this being possible?

Disagree. So asking a question (COMM check) is an insult? (Do you hear me / read me, roger? = insult in 2021???) Stating you need help is desperate? In game when a team member says he needs repairs, is he being desperate? Or using communication for a TEAM EFFORT?

If new or any players are triggered by words, then maybe they shouldn't play a free war game that exists due to community support. Devs didn't ask for donos for [x] years. Now they ask and you're triggered that someone else will be offended (edit: but you donated, ty). So then they can decide to not dono. But they still need help regardless of your feelz.

Edited by mouse705

@isupreme I don't disagree with you, and we're discussing internally on how we can adjust the phrasing. I didn't know the GDI intro bit myself either initially, and I bet it's probably rubbed others the wrong way who weren't familiar with it.

If you have any alternatives to suggest, please feel free to toss them in the thread ❤️

• Like 1

Random input:

Donations Now Possible!     After 15 years of fan built fun, you can NOW join the team.   

Teamwork starts Here:     Can't Program?   Digital Art not your strong point?  No prob.  You can Donate now.

Can you believe EA gave us the respect we deserve and allowed us to accept donations?    

EA free zone.    Donate to the movement!

Donate in the name of your favorite faction today.     For Kane!

BoatyMcBoatFace Says Donate today!

• 2 weeks later...