Repair tool beam looks brighter when aimed at MCT idea

I am always looking for ways to make the game more intuitive.   Less instructive and cerebral... more experiential.

Could the pretty beam from repairs be made more intense when it is focused on the MCT?

i.e.  we know it does more .   Let the player see that it does more.   Or heck  Let the HEAR that it does more.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

There is also louder sound effects when repairing as opposed to not repairing. However, it works on any sort of repairing. So there is no difference between repairing a wall and repairing the MCT.

Another suggestion would be to put the repair icon on top of the MCT of a damaged structure. Similar to how you see it above damaged vehicles.

• Like 3

The goal of this post is to encourage new players towards beneficial action by giving them instinctual experiences.     Clearly many new players do not know the details of the situation... so....

If the repair beam behaved differently when used on the MCT it would  signal a difference.  Also,   As mentioned above if there were a distinction in look or sound between the standard issue repair tool and the purchased repair gun that would also be helpful.

A symbol over the MCT is an interesting suggestion.

• Like 2

Another suggestion would be to put the repair icon on top of the MCT of a damaged structure. Similar to how you see it above damaged vehicles

I've liked for a long while the idea of seeing a large floating wrench above a building that needs repairs which is Q spotted. I also like the ideas put forward so far regarding the beam effects and sounds to make things more obvious, maybe there could be something to indicate there's a credit bonus for repairing.