Only Menu sounds working

Imbaslap

just installed the game and for some reason anytime i join a game, all combat/music is essentially nonexistant.. however my menu sounds are still working and in the main lobby of the game when launched i have music and menu sounds.

has anyone had a similar issue with this? i've looked through most of the common sound issues on the forum and everything checks out fine in the log files.

• Like 1

this happens every time i launch the game and create a skirmish or join a server. the music stops working and i have no in game sounds except when i click on menu options. almost like EVA and Music are muted somehow in game. but while in the main game menu, my sounds, music work fine.. even after exiting the skirmish game, the sound returns to normal.

Edited by Imbaslap

As for me, perhaps with the difference that I don't hear the sounds in the menus, but I have to check and I can do it on the weekend. About music I don't know what to say since I turned it off. on Saturday I can tell you something more.

I dont know about the menu only issue, sorry.

There is a known bug regarding sound, where you lose sound in the game.

The fix is to restart the game.   

There is no cure for this at this time ? i think, although you may find using 32bit vs 64 bit may give you a change.

Edited by isupreme

2 hours ago, isupreme said:

I dont know about the menu only issue, sorry.

There is a known bug regarding sound, where you lose sound in the game.

The fix is to restart the game.   

There is no cure for this at this time ? i think, although you may find using 32bit vs 64 bit may give you a change.

same issue occurs on 32 bit and 64 bit.

if it helps im on windows 10 and using a USB headphone.

• 2 weeks later...

anybody able to assist with this?

only partial sounds work, tried other sound devices and still same issue. anyway to confirm the most recent download of the game isnt bugged with ingame sounds?

i leave game, go back to main menu, music and sounds work.

join a game. only menu sounds work and music stops working. no sound from shooting/EVA/vehicles etc.

occurs across all sound devices.

windows 10 OS. tried compatibility mode, no luck

tried 32 bit and 64 bit. no difference.

Have you checked sound levels in options? I found when sound bug hit me it zeros the sliders out too..

Also in my thread here there is a good suggestion to try. I have not tested it much yet but hopefully it works and hopefully the sound bug gets sorted soon as it's really frustrating especially for a newer player who doesn't know what to do.  Be nice to retain playerbase :) Cheers

no its not the sound sliders at all because they dont change when i hit escape and play voice sample or click around the menu. its clearly something missing in the game itself that doesn't play music or combat sounds while in the map.