Extend Time Between Maps

Hi there,

My suggestion is to extend the time when viewing the post-match results. This is to have a decent amount of time to discuss the happenings of the match and vote on the next map (if not extend this time a bit  further), I feel extremely rushed especially if I sometimes have to scroll down to look at the selection. I feel the time spent in this area is too short.

Also, maybe an option (which can be activated through the game menu) which alerts you that the next map is ready for you to join (*press join* when ready) , sometimes I'm mid-discussion in the post-game chat and BAM I've loaded up into the next map or I'm thinking about leaving.

• Like 4

• Totem Arts Staff

I'm not sure about the next map vote as it's kind of in sync with the victory and defeat track,  and it's honestly pretty long enough (or maybe the players are already so familiar with maps they select them out of pure instinct) 

The other suggestion is... sadly impossible. As soon as the timer runs out,  you're actually already kicked off the server as it starts loading the next map, and nothing really functions anymore aside from client-sided inputs. 

I think it's a good idea actually, but I wouldn't know how easy it is to do, I'd personally prefer something like up to 2 minutes so I can go for a bathroom break or grab a drink between games so I don't have to end up being AFK at the start of the next round. I think a little post game chat would be nice to review how things went, it usually spills into the next game, but by then I think you're expected to be ready for the new round. In the map selection chat box, you only have time to type one or two quite short sentences before the timer runs out.

3 hours ago, isupreme said:

I would rather leave it as is.   We have just enough time to get a few comments in without getting too snarky or complaining at each other.  That battle is over.   Lets start the next map  and focus ahead.

I'm with isupreme on this one. 30 seconds seem fine and I don't see how much more time you'd need to discuss the previous match. It would be a bit more effective if people talked to each other during the match. 

• 1 month later...

I also agree with Handepsilon and isupreme about game ending.

However I might be a proponent of warmup time +30secs or even +1minute.
At which point one can either spec the map or take a piss.

People who are on e.g. their 3rd game will need a bio and relax their eyes.
Also my brain requires micro-breaks to perform well and would love a little more warmup (AFK'ish) time.

This is an admin decision btw, different servers can set different warmup times.

• Like 1

Same view as DugeHick: whether it is additional time between maps or during warm-up, either way it would be beneficial

Out of 64 players, there are always AFK players the first few minutes of a map to take a bathroom break, grab a drink... this would be mitigated with some extra break time.

19 hours ago, Nyxblow said:

Same view as DugeHick: whether it is additional time between maps or during warm-up, either way it would be beneficial

That is a "same view" with a radically different conclusion.
I promote specifically warmup-time on the new map, but certainly not more between-map time.

Edited by DugeHick