Nod vs Black Hand PUG Feedback Topic

Tommy

I had fun. it was a nice chance of pace however there was less variety in units due to both teams being the same. maybe include gdi crates more frequently and add the tic tank, TS buggy to airstrip. also change recon bike to attack cycle cause recon bike sucks

Edited by HuskerDoggo

I enjoyed this pug and agree there should be more like this, but maybe not every week. I'd like to see some changes introduced that create at least some difference between Elite Black Hand and cherry Nod other than just their colours, for variety, maybe by way of a new or different infantry unit or different tank. Maybe someone could hack, steal or capture a tank even with someone inside it for example. A new laser tank rather than the LCG and so on... just ideas.

I'm not sure how many nukes ended the game on Steppe with the last rush for the PED, but I've proposed in another thread there should be a max beacon limit in place to ensure there's still a chance of disarming it - considering it destroys the whole base and ends the game.

• Totem Arts Staff
2 hours ago, Mystic~ said:

I enjoyed this pug and agree there should be more like this, but maybe not every week. I'd like to see some changes introduced that create at least some difference between Elite Black Hand and cherry Nod other than just their colours, for variety, maybe by way of a new or different infantry unit or different tank. Maybe someone could hack, steal or capture a tank even with someone inside it for example. A new laser tank rather than the LCG and so on... just ideas.

I'm not sure how many nukes ended the game on Steppe with the last rush for the PED, but I've proposed in another thread there should be a max beacon limit in place to ensure there's still a chance of disarming it - considering it destroys the whole base and ends the game.

I was thinking about changing one team to have upgraded LCG and/or all lasers in exchange for better tanks on one side or something like that. Open to ideas.

• Like 1

holy shit can we add these recon bikes to the standard tanks of nod? i mean they were there in tiberium dawn... they also could spice things up for the normal mode of the game xD

i never understood why renegade didn't add them in the first place...

also i couldn't make it, but i can't wait for a public release of Nod vs Black Hand xD

the idea of making specialized factions (like in C&C Generals ZH) is also not bad... would certainly be fun to play xD

Edited by rocky44r
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Definitely not a fan of the asymmetry. 

The primary draw of this game mode for me was symmetrical teams - everything focused on the teams and strategies, not units. I can just play regular RenX for proper asymmetry. Wouldn't mind additions provided they're added to both teams.

Dynamic lightning seems to be causing some pretty substantial FPS drops for some players. Do we need this?

• Like 1

I certainly didn't enjoy the Field ob rush - so please feel free to support my thread on Alt Fire Obelisk changes versus infantry and maybe Rype L will one day return to his role.

On Walls I tried in vain twice to plant a beacon on the top of the Black Hand Power Plant, worked a treat on the last one as Nod just don't expect this and it probably feels a bit weird, and of course it wouldn't place this time round (bug?), so one ended up going down on the airstrip instead, which was no where near as helpful.

The Nod 'heavy' Light tank and Bradley 'pea-shooter' were not comparable and left one side without a viable tank unit.

I don't mind the idea of slight differences to the infantry units between Black Hand and Nod as long as it's not seriously going to break anything. For example, give Black Hand a blue flame thrower, make it strong versus one kind of character but weaker against a different kind, give vanilla Nod a different range for theirs. Give one side slightly better infantry and the other slightly better tanks in terms of stats. 

Maybe the shimmer camouflage for Black Hand could be green rather than blue so they're easier to distinguish and you can tell one another apart when bumping into one another whilst stealth hidden.

I thought Steppe was quite a good game despite a few people not being able to load the map for some reason and the fact it was also over quite quickly. Red Nod probably struggled again due to lack of a proper tank, although I thought I saw one crate light tank for them. 

Guest Once Upon the time

Aren't the maps in Nod Vs BH mode simply mirrored (bases)?
Is there a difference between the Obi's?
If there was no difference, there would be equal opportunities in this mode.
I really have no idea, that's why I ask.
I have no idea how the tanks are balanced.
I'm interested in information only, thank you.

This mode is fresh,and is not yet in the base game,it's better imho to keep teams symmetrical until it makes it into the base game,and people try it many times on the public servers and in organized matches,we'll see how it actually plays whether in pugs or pubs,it will get far more feedback that way,and then you can decide whether to make changes to teams or not.

The primary draw of this game mode for me was symmetrical teams - everything focused on the teams and strategies, not units. I can just play regular RenX for proper asymmetry. Wouldn't mind additions provided they're added to both teams.

^ pretty much

Personally,I'd rather teams stay 100% identical,no need for changes or to balance anything.I always thought that the major point of Nod vs Nod mode was to have teams symmetrical ( also the fact that both set of players gets to be the cooler faction :D )

Edited by OTT

Yes, it would have been easier if both factions would have had the same vehicles and stats, so that there would be no need now to fiddle around with balancing again.

But except for the expectation of most people that it would be the same teams with just different colors, I liked it afterall. It was a nice change to play the Bradley, though it definitely needs a buff, at least on lower veterancy levels. I never got above veteran with the Black Hand faction during PUG, so I can't tell how it performs with higher veterancy.

Also the bike seems pretty useless atm. It doesn't do much damage and since money isn't usually much of a problem, there are much better alternatives after the first harvester dump. The only purpose could be an early rush at the beginning to destroy the harvester, which probably also isn't worth the issued credits. And shortly after that there is no point in buying them, when arties, light tanks, etc. are available.

To provide a real purpose to the bike, it would have to be in the middleground and be an alternative to arties, light tanks and bradlies. So like a cheaper stank with a bit less damage and without the stealth ability.

Edited by Denuvian

The Recon Bike actually does the exact same damage as a Stealth Tank and it even goes up with veterancy. As of right now, it rocket seemed to be bugged and won't hit targets correctly or not at all, this will be fixed in the standard game and therefore in this mode soon.

Edited by Cynthia