Repair Pads [Eyes Map]

Mystic~

I've finally realised after a tank exchange the other day, that an enemy tank can basically just sit and fire from the repair pad and as long as it moves back and fourth a bit it can receive near instantaneous full repairs; this seems a really unfair defenders advantage in my opinion. One idea I had was to move the pad off to the back of the base or maybe near the side entrance or even outside the base walls. Another idea was to bring a single neutral repair pad tech building into the field that can be captured and placed on the top tank path near the destroyed vehicles. 

The other issue is potentially the speed at which a tank can be repaired using a pad, even in the RTS world it took several cycles before a tank would return to full health, but this is more of a general point only and not map specific. I'd honestly do similar things on Outposts and maybe even Daybreak though so they become alternative key capture points to control a map and win the game.

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

If I recall correctly the original repair pads in C&C Renegade only gave you a slow trickle of repairs... you had to sit there a minute or two to repair a med or mammoth fully. Was good because while it gave tanks a chance to heal without getting out (and potentially losing a tank to sbh / snipers [god forbid sbh snipers]) but wasn't anywhere near as insane as the repair pads in RenX. I can imagine how gamebreaking this could be on a populated server where, say, GDI had lost their Barracks.

• Totem Arts Staff
On 2/5/2020 at 1:38 PM, rocky44r said:

Back to topic: Shouldn't the repair pad just have the repair rate of a hotwire / tech?

We're already reducing the repair rate from 200 hp/s to 60 hp/s

• Like 1

On 2/7/2020 at 10:45 AM, TK0104 said:

We're already reducing the repair rate from 200 hp/s to 60 hp/s

So a reduction of 70%? that's quite significant. Will be interesting to see how it plays then. I was shocked the other day when I used the repair pad and my med healed to 100% almost instantly.