Glasses. Why?

• Totem Arts Staff

Glasses was kind of inbalanced. GDI could position theirself very easily in the tib field and hit the obby unharmed, while Nod had to find cover or they would get ripped apart by the AGT.

Also there were reports of crashes during a match, just like in Eyes

• Thanks 1

• Totem Arts Staff

On request in part.
I cannot provide support for the map at the moment, as I currently prefer other work.
Besides my last weeks in education, I try to fix Eyes as good as I can.
Clearly, glasses can be adjusted and balance problems can be solved, but there are still some further steps necessary, like the adjustment of the environment and therefore I do not want to reopen this project at the moment.
On the other hand, every server owner is free to add the map to the rotation, so possible bugs can still be collected and reported.
Anyway, if there's time, I'll let you know.

Greez.
DaKuja

• Like 1

• Totem Arts Staff
On 6/11/2018 at 8:06 PM, Madkill40 said:

Glasses is no longer included in the base game, 

But Eyes is.

This is what stirred me to make this thread.

A server owner can add every map he wants. Clients will download the map if its required

5 hours ago, TK0104 said:

A server owner can add every map he wants. Clients will download the map if its required

Because players are more than happy to take that route with the current state of the downloader

Considering how long it takes to download a 10mb mutator, I can't imagine anything over 200mb would be ideal for anybody

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/13/2018 at 9:33 AM, Madkill40 said:

Considering how long it takes to download a 10mb mutator, I can't imagine anything over 200mb would be ideal for anybody

Slow in-game downloads are generally the result of under-configured servers, not the result of the in-game downloader. The download speed on a correctly configured server with sufficient resources will be no different than any other download over HTTP.

Once upon a time there was a terrible download speed limitation due to engine limitations and misconfiguration, however this has not been the case for a very long time.