SDK To Game - "LIGHTING NEEDS TO BE REBUILD"

TK0104

• Totem Arts Staff

So currently I have an issue with a WIP map of mine which annoys me like f***. The problem is: I have lights builded and it doesn't give this message on your screen with "LIGHTING NEEDS TO BE REBUILD" in the SDK (Neither in Play in Editor or Play on PC. When I move it to the game itself, it shows "LIGHTING NEEDS TO BE REBUILD" every time.

I'm kinda wondering what this could be. I've checked the log and there are no warnings about missing meshes, only 1 material that can't be found according to the log BUT the material can be found (Hologram material from Mesa). That doesn't affect it. Also I've checked the custom mesh I've added and that's also not the issue. But I'm not good at reading logs so I could've missed something. I'll include it so someone else can check it.

Launch.log

@kenz3001 @Schmitzenbergh @Havoc89 @Fffreak9999 @Cronus or anyone who knows what could cause it, please help!

Thanks,

TK0104

Edited by TK0104
  • Thanks 1

On 3/24/2018 at 9:09 PM, kenz3001 said:

I had a similar is issue a wile back i believe messing with the light fixed it (change the rotating or something ... forgot what exactly fixed it)

Please see to your frustrations of Sheepish delight and focus, I have this same issue too with Toxicity

Part of me feels it is the need for the new SDK, since this occurred around about the last few updates ImProbablyWrong

• Totem Arts Staff

It appears it has to do something with the Directional Light for me. I removed the directional light and rebuilded lights and now I don't have the issue anymore. I think I just add a new one and type settings over in the new one and see that makes any difference

EDIT I: He doesn't like it when I put a directional light in the map...

EDIT II: He does like Dominant Directional Lights for some reason

Edited by TK0104